Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Surprise surprise

Given the government knew they couldn't bring back the motion that had already been approved and did so as a stunt...its not exactly surprising.

Ironic how the Brexiteers complaining are the same ones who welcomed his stance on May's MV.....

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Given the government knew they couldn't bring back the motion that had already been approved and did so as a stunt...its not exactly surprising.

Ironic how the Brexiteers complaining are the same ones who welcomed his stance on May's MV.....

Indeed; I think I predicted it

7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

You know It’s getting desperate when this is wheeled out as a reason to stay in the EU, Blackford used same argument last week, laughable. 

Well said mate.

The EU looks so peaceful right now with weekly demonstrations in France, the huge ongoing violence in Spain etc.

Farrelli seems to forget conveniently how the EU did sweet FA when the Balkans War happened on European soil, leaving it instead to NATO to sort it out, they just bury their hands.

Still waiting for his response to Lucy Powell’s comments re not enough support for a second referendum, echoed again today at lunchtime on Radio 2 in their debate.

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Delayed until tomorrow. Remarkable success for the undemocratics. Suspect the overwhelming pride must be nearly orgasmic 

What? The government need to bring the bill forward. It is ridiculous - they simply were trying to posture and play games - having previously supported Bercow blocking May bringing her MV back again using the same ruling. Bring the bill forward and get on with it. A vote today was completely meaningless either way. 

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

What? The government need to bring the bill forward. It is ridiculous - they simply were trying to posture and play games - having previously supported Bercow blocking May bringing her MV back again using the same ruling. Bring the bill forward and get on with it. A vote today was completely meaningless either way. 

Boris is not really one for pesky rules.

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

And his popularity is growing. Kind of tells a story 

Correct. Just listened to radio and they had someone from Labour on didn’t catch who. 

Masked about Corbyn staying away from the election he has craved for so long. Response?  He’s got people analysing the polls and telling him now isn’t a great time to be doing this. 

As you point out mate Boris’ popularity is soaring. He will get a majority and labour will be decimated. I  might even drag myself out to vote

Just now, royal white said:

And his popularity is growing. Kind of tells a story 

Based on what? Polls. Most polls also show support for remain now consistently surpasses that of leave in a way it never did in the run up to the referendum. 

I should also point out that the last major time yougov polled approval ratings, BJ was -16 which means more people disapprove than approve. 

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

Right wing populism is growing so not a surprise.

Exactly - the masses are swayed by the media and the growing popular message of "people vs everyone else" that right wing populists use. Its a dangerous message - I watched 22nd July recently and striking how Breivik used much of the language used by such right wing outlets. I'm not saying they will all become violent terrorists, merely that the messaging is taking us to a dark place and is being deliberately engineered, by IMHO very very bad people. 

Who are being provoked by being the actions of those who wish to stop the will of the people being exercised. 

You can cite right wing populism and the like all you wish. I don’t have right wing views nor am I affiliated to any political party but if I was to vote now it would be Tory party or brexit party because solely of the actions of those who wish to stop this process. It must be allowed to be completed and then we can as a nation decide where our future lies going forward. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Who are being provoked by being the actions of those who wish to stop the will of the people being exercised. 

You can cite right wing populism and the like all you wish. I don’t have right wing views nor am I affiliated to any political party but if I was to vote now it would be Tory party or brexit party because solely of the actions of those who wish to stop this process. It must be allowed to be completed and then we can as a nation decide where our future lies going forward. 

He knows everything remember: the fact that huge numbers of labour voters also voted to leave is repeatedly ignored when tripping out the usual right wing bollocks.

Of course a small number of extreme individuals have latched on (both left and right), but this was not a political decision in the conventional way.

21 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

All along you have said that we need to leave the EU and build trade links with countries that are growing faster 

The person responsible for the new trade deals clearly disagrees with you, which puts you on the back foot straight away (in terms of being found right in a decade) 

She is going after trade deals with countries who are growing at a similar rate to the EU. She said this is because we share common standards and regulations! Just because we leave the EU it doesn’t mean that we will see a reduction in standards in order to make free trade deals. Along with Germany and France we made those rules, many say we set the highest standards of the lot 

I appreciate you have strong opinons on these matters. I'd be genuinely interested in your opinion on what is written in this article. It is clearly from a very pro-Brexit source but it is very detailed and casts back over recent decades. It describes vividly what I've said on here many times - the world has changed vastly since we joined the EEC.

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/the-eu-is-a-major-drag-on-the-uk-economy/

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It must be allowed to be completed and then we can as a nation decide where our future lies going forward. 

Confirming that nobody had a fucking clue what they were voting for.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Confirming that nobody had a fucking clue what they were voting for.

No I assure you I voted to leave. I know you believe and fanny5 believes you know everything. But you have no idea what I thought and what I think. 

Despite your protestations I can guarantee you explicitly that is what I voted for. To leave. And it is what we will be doing 

i would rather leave with a deal  but if the democracy deniers wish to prevent this then to my detriment I will take no deal 

you boys better get your hankies ready and away from sharp objects it’s all getting a bit much 

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No I assure you I voted to leave. I know you believe and fanny5 believes you know everything. But you have no idea what I thought and what I think. 

Despite your protestations I can guarantee you explicitly that is what I voted for. To leave. And it is what we will be doing 

i would rather leave with a deal  but if the democracy deniers wish to prevent this then to my detriment I will take no deal 

you boys better get your hankies ready and away from sharp objects it’s all getting a bit much 

If Scotland goes back into the EU later will you move ?

I should add. If the brexit vote had resulted in a remain decision I wouldn’t have argued the toss. Cried. Thrown a tantrum. None of the above. 

I would have gone about my daily life as always. 

In terms of independence I believe an independent Scotland is a much weaker country and as such would move back down south  I’m lucky my job doesn’t require me to live in Scotland  I spend half my week in England so it makes no difference to me where I live  geographically  

I would like to remain in Scotland if possible because I believe I have a better quality of life here and it suits me  

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bill cash doing his usual. :)

What a waste of time this is. Brought back early from prorogation, and done very little since.

Just get the bill going.

Glad someone else noticed. The opposition benches went beserk after the prorogation, now they just want to dither and delay.