Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I also heard yesterday that he’s barely said a word in various Labour meetings this last week and has in essence taken a back seat with McDonnell and starmer fighting to run the show 

The other day when his glasses were crooked, and he papped on about workers rights, in a quick interview, he looked lost.

Are other forces guiding him, and grinding him down?

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d not accept it and my vote would be carefully considered in the next election. Any how WTF it’s got to do with you. 

Problem is, your vote alone would never make a difference. The thing that's needed is to become an Imam and ask your congregation to come with their postal votes and you'll do what needs to be done.  find a way to legally convince lots of other folk which way to vote.

21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Problem is, your vote alone would never make a difference. The thing that's needed is to become an Imam and ask your congregation to come with their postal votes and you'll do what needs to be done.  find a way to legally convince lots of other folk which way to vote.

And then kick and scream and throw the toys out the Pram and march round London signing childish songs if the vote goes the opposite way of course 

think of the carbon footprint of these childish undemocratic retards as well!!!  loads will have travelled from all parts of the UK to see who could screech the loudest 

Edited by Escobarp

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

But not as much as the people that weren’t old enough  to vote last time but are now. Get with the times!

And most voted leave because they were lied to.

2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

There are a few on here who are so convinced of the bleak future that they have indoctrinated themselves is coming that they'll be emptying the shelves at Tesco and holing up indoors for the foreseeable. Stacks of bog-roll everywhere (for tears as well as the conventional use).

You wonder how people from the USA to New Zealand and Japan and India to Canada manage to cope outside the EU. Scurvy infested, poverty ridden and barbaric places that they must be outside the sainted jurisdiction of Brussels. God help us if we end up like them.

Isn't the point that the countries you refer to aren't, and have never been, a member of the EU and that we have and are? And so for that reason alone, if we were to suddenly leave without a deal and sabotaged the agreements (whether trade, regulatory, or legal) we currently have in place with the EU, it would effect us in a more significant way than it would for those other countries whose geography, economies and infrastructure aren't so intertwined with it?

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Isn't the point that the countries you refer to aren't, and have never been, a member of the EU and that we have and are? And so for that reason alone, if we were to suddenly leave without a deal and sabotaged the agreements (whether trade, regulatory, or legal) we currently have in place with the EU, it would effect us in a more significant way than it would for those other countries whose geography, economies and infrastructure aren't so intertwined with it?

Indeed. If the question was whether to join or not I’d have voted not. But the question as to whether to leave or not was entirely different. And often dressed up as though we weren’t in. 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Plenty voted to leave because Norway aren’t in the EU and they are doing fine 

What happened to a Norway option? 

Theresa dismissed it last year

Christopher Booker (RIP) always suggested it as a good stepping stone. Matters have polarised since.

There's no guarantee that we could have taken that route (from memory)

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Theresa dismissed it last year

Christopher Booker (RIP) always suggested it as a good stepping stone. Matters have polarised since.

There's no guarantee that we could have taken that route (from memory)

If we’d made the plan to exit to something close to Norway and negotiated that with say a 5 year period to review that status and move to an FTA if we chose I would have supported that and I suspect 80% of parliament would as well. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If we’d made the plan to exit to something close to Norway and negotiated that with say a 5 year period to review that status and move to an FTA if we chose I would have supported that and I suspect 80% of parliament would as well. 

Hmm

Don't know if The Labour Party would support, but here is the Booker stuff

http://www.eureferendum.com/documents/flexcit.pdf

If only..................

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Indeed. If the question was whether to join or not I’d have voted not. But the question as to whether to leave or not was entirely different. And often dressed up as though we weren’t in. 

Remind me again what the question was? The question that we voted on please. I can’t quite remember 

15 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

We've got a deal. We're not leaving without a deal. And it's a deal in which we can now start setting our own course and trading with that 90 per cent of the world outside the EU that consistently has better growth rates than those experienced within the EU. Its a time for ambition. To be frank every one of those 27 EU nations would be better off it they took the same decision. Deadening centralisation and regulation drags Europe's back economically fosters inefficiency and leads to stitched up markets with big corporations being willing to put up with the EU in the knowledge that its endless rules prevent realistic competition from entering their markets as new competitors. Stagnation and complacency results. The EU is a racket and Europeans pay the price.

10 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

We've got a deal. We're not leaving without a deal. And it's a deal in which we can now start setting our own course and trading with that 90 per cent of the world outside the EU that consistently has better growth rates than those experienced within the EU. Its a time for ambition. To be frank every one of those 27 EU nations would be better off it they took the same decision. Deadening centralisation and regulation drags Europe's back economically fosters inefficiency and leads to stitched up markets with big corporations being willing to put up with the EU in the knowledge that its endless rules prevent realistic competition from entering their markets as new competitors. Stagnation and complacency results. The EU is a racket and Europeans pay the price.

I know we have a deal, but you're post was part of an exchange with Escobarp relating to leaving "by whatever method it takes", which presumably includes no deal. And the majority of the doomsday predictions from Remainers relate to a no deal scenario  (let's not forget, the deal put together by Johnson's government could still result in us leaving without a deal, either at the end of the month or in a year's time). In that respect, the reference with countries outside of the EU seemed to be irrelevant.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine