Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

And folk call me delusional.

You’re embarrassing yourself. Everything he has written is spot on.

Farage is fuming. Every Brexiteer is fuming. Apart from you. Despite red lines you stated only two days ago being broken you’re still happy.

You don’t have to spin it or PR it. It’s a forum. What you wanted hasn’t happened. You don’t need to pretend it has. There isn’t any saving or losing face here. May has rolled back to a point of being all but in the EU. Hence papers talking about a Brexit defeat.

If I were a Brexiteer I’d be fuming right now. A a remainer in just shaking my head at how we are now going to be in the EU with no say, fewer benefits and a weaker economy. And that is if May gets this deal. It likely will get even worse as the EU negotiate.

Farage is fuming. Every Brexiteer is fuming. Apart from you. Despite red lines you stated only two days ago being broken you’re still happy.

You don’t have to spin it or PR it. It’s a forum. What you wanted hasn’t happened. You don’t need to pretend it has. There isn’t any saving or losing face here. May has rolled back to a point of being all but in the EU. Hence papers talking about a Brexit defeat.

If I were a Brexiteer I’d be fuming right now. A a remainer in just shaking my head at how we are now going to be in the EU with no say, fewer benefits and a weaker economy. And that is if May gets this deal. It likely will get even worse as the EU negotiate.

A 'no deal' brexit is more likely now as the cabinet has agreed its position and i doubt it will concede further ground. In fact, I believe the Brexiteers amongst them have agreed to support a collective position on the basis that the EU are likely to reject it and we leave without a deal. If true then that is utter madness

I’m sorry fella but your posts are becoming even sillier than before I’d give politics up as a bad job.????????

What a fucking mess. I think though, no one really thought about NI and the implications of a hard border with RoI. That single issue torpedoed any idea of leaving the EU fully, hence the fudge put to the EU now.

Nick Clegg did - in that link a few pages back....

If we get this soft Brexit through I think this is a great result. We've still got freedom of movement, access to the free market etc. It's a shame it's come at such an up front cost but we'll recoup that over my lifetime with smaller contributions to the EU. Only major downside is no say on legislation that will apply to us if we are to be able to have the free trade.

As someone who wanted to remain I think this is the best outcome I could have hoped for once the referendum result became clear.

Wrong again. 

I am and always have been against membership of the EU.

When Cameron announced he would resign it took me less than a minute to decide that May would be a safer PM than Johnson. The fact that Gove got frustrated with Johnson's team effectively gave May a straight run into a final vote. Leadsom (ha!) got tricked by a reporter and so there was no vote.

Part of the problem nowadays is the 24-hour news when some ideas take days, weeks or months to evolve. Where we are is the the Cabinet, which has had free rein until now, has reached a binding agreement. That is to say, future leaks must be inattributable or membership will be forfeited. Johnson has to choose whether to wait until the next GE approaches to make a leadership bid, or whether he becomes a footnote in history.

From here negotiations begin, except, as I said earlier, May saw Merkel before putting the proposal to Cabinet. The 27 will fall in line with what Germany decides, so there is scope for limited further movement 

The current position is the we are not subject to the ECJ (which is not an impartial body), but take note of its decisions like those of any other foreign court.

We will not be contributing to the outrageous costs of the European Parliament, with its monthly treks from Brussels to Strasbourg and back.

If there is no final agreement there will be a difficult time ahead both for UK and the 27, and most of all Ireland.

Anything else, by definition, is a soft exit.

Meanwhile the Eurozone teeters on the brink - their negative interest rate means that when stock market prices adjust to something approaching sanity (say a drop of 25%), they are up shit creek without a paddle.

Wrong again.

I am and always have been against membership of the EU.

When Cameron announced he would resign it took me less than a minute to decide that May would be a safer PM than Johnson. The fact that Gove got frustrated with Johnson's team effectively gave May a straight run into a final vote. Leadsom (ha!) got tricked by a reporter and so there was no vote.

Part of the problem nowadays is the 24-hour news when some ideas take days, weeks or months to evolve. Where we are is the the Cabinet, which has had free rein until now, has reached a binding agreement. That is to say, future leaks must be inattributable or membership will be forfeited. Johnson has to choose whether to wait until the next GE approaches to make a leadership bid, or whether he becomes a footnote in history.

From here negotiations begin, except, as I said earlier, May saw Merkel before putting the proposal to Cabinet. The 27 will fall in line with what Germany decides, so there is scope for limited further movement

The current position is the we are not subject to the ECJ (which is not an impartial body), but take note of its decisions like those of any other foreign court.

We will not be contributing to the outrageous costs of the European Parliament, with its monthly treks from Brussels to Strasbourg and back.

If there is no final agreement there will be a difficult time ahead both for UK and the 27, and most of all Ireland.

Anything else, by definition, is a soft exit.

Meanwhile the Eurozone teeters on the brink - their negative interest rate means that when stock market prices adjust to something approaching sanity (say a drop of 25%), they are up shit creek without a paddle.

Edited by kent_white

But don't worry you'll be soon living in Spain being dictated to by the EU and ECJ but you'll still get your Sunday roast whilst watching endless repeats of only fools and horses in the red lion (run by Tony and Shirley, lovely couple from Sunderland)

Your just some sad bastard who’s not a clue how I live my life.

One thing you make abundantly clear is that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about!

Truth hurts for the Brexit baby’s!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44755049

No it does not the ones moaning are hard line brexiteers who are the exact opposite of the remaniacs most folk on both sides should feel that the stance is workable reasonable and just plain common sense. Remaniacs are gutted because it’s a stance that means it’s most likely going to head off their remain in Europe arguments while hardline Brexiteers are upset because the ECJ has a call on harmonisation. You can’t please both extremes but from what Ive see it’s a stance that I can live with so let’s get on with it.

Edited by Mounts Kipper