Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

Serious question (as this thread seems to have lost its seriousness lately) for all those who predict only doom and gloom are you planning on moving away? If not why not?

That's really not a serious question, is it?

Do you honestly think everyone has the resources to just move their entire family to another country at the drop of a hat? You're being extremely facetious. It's the equivalent of me asking you "If you hate being in the EU so much, why don't you just move to a non-EU country?". A pathetic argument. 

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Do you honestly think everyone has the resources to just move their entire family to another country at the drop of a hat? You're being extremely facetious. It's the equivalent of me asking you "If you hate being in the EU so much, why don't you just move to a non-EU country?". A pathetic argument. 

or in mounts case if you hate the EU so much why are going to live in the EU and also if the UK is going to be the utopia that he claims then again why his he still  moving to the EU. :ph34r:

• Site Supporter
Just now, tyldesley_white said:

or in mounts case if you hate the EU so much why are going to live in the EU and also if the UK is going to be the utopia that he claims then again why his he still  moving to the EU. :ph34r:

Exactly. I can only presume he's some sort of masochist. 

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I’ve never said I hate being in the EU and never once implied that by living in the EU I would be forced to live off rations, que for milk, face recessions, watch my house price drop, be less free etc etc.

now if you look around the world we see on a  daily basis many nationalities (mainly Asia and African) packing up and getting their families by whatever means necessary, often with no money, to country’s that they think will offer a better life. What makes you think you’re better than them? If they can do it why can’t you? And it’s hardly the drop of a hat is it? we are now nearly 18 months past the results and have another 4 month till we (apparently leave).

If you’re happy to bring your kids up in what you believe Britain will become in March then that’s fine. It wasn’t an argument just a question (your answer does explain the kind of person you are though) 

Edited by royal white

44 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

But what if they want to buy something off us that no one else makes? Like English mustard or something

They can continue to buy off us and will continue to do so.  Donald just wants a deal with us that is better than the current EU, US deal as he’s pissed off with the EU and he’s right to be. That why the EU trying to keep us aligned to the ECJ.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Spoke to a (former) customer in Ireland today.

they are now moving as much business as possible away from the UK. Nothing that’s happened in the last few weeks has given them any confidence.

They are moving to EU countries for their stuff and are being given really good deals to boot.

the companies on the continent can barely believe their luck.

all I can say is that we’d better pray these trade deals are done by April 1st and are exceptionally attractive.

right now, no one thinks that’ll happen

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve never said I hate being in the EU and never once implied that by living in the EU I would be forced to live off rations, que for milk, face recessions, watch my house price drop, be less free etc etc.

now if you look around the world we see on a  daily basis many nationalities (mainly Asia and African) packing up and getting their families by whatever means necessary, often with no money, to country’s that they think will offer a better life. What makes you think you’re better than them? If they can do it why can’t you? And it’s hardly the drop of a hat is it? we are now nearly 18 months past the results and have another 4 month till we (apparently leave).

If you’re happy to bring your kids up in what you believe Britain will become in March then that’s fine. It wasn’t an argument just a question (your answer does explain the kind of person you are though) 

What utter bollocks. You're right - you are extremely cagey when it comes to your views on Brexit. I'm sure it's just a coincidence you tend to rally behind all the ardent Brexiteers here though. 

I'm not for one second claiming we're going to turn into Ethiopia on March 30th. I'm saying our quality of life is going to be affected negatively - and in a far bigger way than most people currently realise. Are you willing to offer an actual opinion, or are you simple engaging in semantics to impress your mates Miami and Bolty? 

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

What utter bollocks. You're right - you are extremely cagey when it comes to your views on Brexit. I'm sure it's just a coincidence you tend to rally behind all the ardent Brexiteers here though. 

I'm not for one second claiming we're going to turn into Ethiopia on March 30th. I'm saying our quality of life is going to be affected negatively - and in a far bigger way than most people currently realise. Are you willing to offer an actual opinion, or are you simple engaging in semantics to impress your mates Miami and Bolty? 

Can you tell me what’s bollocks? What country would you compare us to? The fact that youre still saying our quality of life is going to be affected in a big way but you want to stay here? Strange!

Over the last few hundred pages you have constantly said how bad life is going to be? What kind of self respecting man would put his family through that? You’ve had 18 months to start putting a plan in place but it seems youre more interested in coming on here lying and  calling people racists for having a difference of opinion.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Fair enough. Which studies are you basing your predictions on then? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any  country on the planet has ever voluntarily left its largest trading bloc and torn up all its trade deals overnight, so I'd like to know what "proven history and finance" you're referring to? 

Does the Treaty of Paris intrigue you ?

just asking for a racist friend :D

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Again, can you be more specific? Which treaty are you referring to? At least give the year... 

Certainly old chap.....1783......and our PM Lord Shelburne

Quite a masterstroke old boy........don’t have nightmares now and smash the house up like a child :D

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, royal white said:

Can you tell me what’s bollocks? What country would you compare us to? The fact that youre still saying our quality of life is going to be affected in a big way but you want to stay here? Strange!

Over the last few hundred pages you have constantly said how bad life is going to be? What kind of self respecting man would put his family through that? You’ve had 18 months to start putting a plan in place but it seems youre more interested in coming on here lying and  calling people racists for having a difference of opinion.

That logic could be applied the other way too, surley if life in the EU was so bad as loads have said over the last 100 pages then there’d be no one left to vote for brexit as real men don’t keep their families in shite situations? 

It is in fact a bad argument to be honest, can’t use the fact people aren’t packing up and leaving as a back up to your case ! 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, royal white said:

You say this while ignoring the fact that your mates who are declaring  how great UK life will be after Brexit either live on the other side of the planet, or plan to move to an EU country in the next few years. Why aren't you asking them why they don't want to live in the UK if they think everything is going to be so fantastic after Brexit? What kind of man would claim the UK is the greatest country in the world, then emigrate at the earliest opportunity? 

Edited by Cheese