Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harvey Wankstain

bolty58

I reckon folk need to chill out and remember it's just a bit of debate and jousting on the internet to pass the time of day.

And occasionally you get a bite which livens things up. It passed some time on my otherwise fairly tedious train journey to work this morning.

You are a funny one Bolts.

To sum up. I didn’t say anything about you being racist, simply that your post engendered the reason why women have to suffer abuse. Although, I think by what you continued to post that point might be lost on you.

I’m very glad you are against abuse of women, start by engaging your brain before you post things about ‘bandwagon jumping’ (they are probably all remoaners as well!)

• Members

I comment because this is a discussion board. Are you trying to shut down discussion?

When you make ridiculous comments like that, you must expect to be pulled up on it. "I can't be racist, I have friends who aren't white". Come on. You've now followed it up with "I definitely can't be racist, I live on a street with people who aren't white and I spend time with them".

You are right about one thing though - I don't know much about you. All I know is what I gather from reading your posts about Brexit, politics, Weinstein etc. And that's how I got the opinions I have about you. You'd call me a commie remoaner prick based on what I say on here, no doubt. I've got plenty of mates who voted conservative and / or Brexit though, so it can't be true.

Probably best to put me on ignore though and knock this whole discussion concept on the head.

Your wish has been granted.

• Members

This 'ignore' rubbish, I expect most of the ignorers ignore the ignore and look anyway - so what's the point?

All rather flouncy and attention-seeking imo.

I've purposely quoted the ignored at times, when I thought they'd made a good point or a funny one that would give their ignorer the hump.

When Happy set up this site (or maybe at some later date) he installed an 'ignore' function for a reason.

I believe I know what that reason is.

• Moderators

This 'ignore' rubbish, I expect most of the ignorers ignore the ignore and look anyway - so what's the point?

All rather flouncy and attention-seeking imo.

I've purposely quoted the ignored at times, when I thought they'd made a good point or a funny one that would give their ignorer the hump.

ignoring then banging on about ignoring, or clearly not ignoring is as pointless as saying have a plus one, when you could just give them a plus one (and worse still, saying it then not giving them a plus one)

The issue with ignore is the issue with sites all over the internet, instead of discussion it’s a case of I don’t like what you say because you don’t agree with me so I’m putting my fingers in my ears and belittle anyone who doesn’t hold my viewpoint.

Bolts put me on ignore because he thought I’d said stupid people voted Brexit. All I did was pull up the data that the earlier you finished your education the more likely you were to vote Brexit.

Nothing about stupidity (we all know access to higher education is also down to background as well) just the raw data, no spin etc the only places to buck the trend were in London as the less affluent (and therefore had lower educational attainment) voted to remain, based on higher numbers of ethnic minorities.

Because Bolts chose to see this as an emotive position and put me on ignore probably says more about his feelings on the matter than mine.

Bolts put me on ignore because he thought I’d said stupid people voted Brexit. All I did was pull up the data that the earlier you finished your education the more likely you were to vote Brexit.

Harvard Medical School and University have said that a better education increases your lifespan so it couldn't have been old thickos voting brexit as they'd all be dead.

When Happy set up this site (or maybe at some later date) he installed an 'ignore' function for a reason.

I believe I know what that reason is.

I dunno, perhaps so if someone personally affronts someone, such as suggesting a quack product peddled by a family member may be quackery, they aren't tempted to extend an invite to 'the cobbles' via PM to the rapscallion in question.

In general I'd say 'ignore' is a way to pick and choose arguments - nowt wrong with that, but as ZicoKelly points out, why bang on about it...

Fair play to you personally in other ways though, you have stuck around and stuck to your guns when many others have permanently f*cked off (although I suspect some still 'lurk')...

I reckon folk need to chill out and remember it's just a bit of debate and jousting on the internet to pass the time of day.

Not having that. Some of the questions we've debated of old on WW still push back at the liminal boundaries of scientific and philosophical reasoning, and resonate with a profound expression of truth that is almost as spiritual as it is intellectual.

For example "what is your favourite way to kill an elephant?"

This was, of course, simply a metaphor for all manner of discourse on political and moral imperatives....

hqdefault.jpg

I have only ever put one poster on ignore and ending up taking them off as you can still they have posted and get a "you have chosen to ignore blah blah" where the post would usually appear.

With plus ones I give them if something makes me laugh out loud or if I think it would annoy Bolty.

I have you on ignore but had to look at this one as it was predictable that my post would draw a reaction from an utter cock like you.

You can try all you want to label me as a racist matey but it will fall on deaf ears. I have far too many friends who are not white who I value greatly so you can stick that up your pie hole.

I am 100% behind these sleaze bags like Weinstein being brought to account for their pathetic behaviour. Full support for the women truly involved but not any bandwagon jumpers like jturner referred to.

It is you who need to get into the real world. I have two women who work for me here. They get along grudgingly most of the time but snipe like fuck at each other any time they can and both say they prefer the days when the other isn't here. My missus and daughter both consistently say that they hate working with women and much prefer working with men where there's no bitchiness and they are treated with respect. Obviously, they have been lucky enough to have avoided any sleazy sexual predators but I'll wager my left one that there are plenty of blokes on here who have heard similar comments from their female family members about preferring the company of men in the workplace.

So, Mr Holier Than Thou soapbox fucking ranter - I'll trump your 'sexist' label with 'realist'. You're not the only fucker who despises women being treated the way Weinstein has but if it helps you get through the day and to stick out your chest, you carry on believing it.

Working in a pretty female dominated profession I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to ignore casual sexist remarks aimed at men, knowing full well a similar comment could get me sacked.

I don't make comments like that, I'm not sexist, but I do have opinions that form from experience.  There'd be more than a few women happy to admit what you say there.

Working in a pretty female dominated profession I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to ignore casual sexist remarks aimed at men, knowing full well a similar comment could get me sacked.

I don't make comments like that, I'm not sexist, but I do have opinions that form from experience.  There'd be more than a few women happy to admit what you say there.

You are quite clearly a misogynist or a bit mental but you are right about the casual sexist remarks. Some women think equality is about behaving as badly as us men.