Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The original article is what Iles was told on Saturday. By the way Iles turned his phone off yesterday hence no updates from him, what a plantpot. 

In fairness - hes a local reporter who is entitled to a day off.

The problem is the paper still ran initially with the old story even though we knew by then it was way out of date. For print deadlines - fine but online? Surely the BN have enough people working there not to put out such nonsense? 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The original article is what Iles was told on Saturday. By the way Iles turned his phone off yesterday hence no updates from him, what a plantpot. 

Hmmmm, turned his work phone off, I can accept.

he didn't go on the internet at any point yesterday? he didn't have his personal phone on?

So, why doesn't the club shop start selling tennis balls?

Fans buy them and throw them on the pitch.
Club shop staff come and retrieve said balls, give them a wipedown and return them to the supplier as unsold for a refund. 

To be clear, I'm not supporting Ken's actions over this latest debacle, but...

...I'm struggling to understand some of the issues raised this weekend.

1. How has it become known that Remi Matthews' wife quit a job to move up here?

2. Why did they do that, when it was a loan to buy? Surely you wait until the actual final deal is done?

3. Likewise with Doidge's house : how/why do we know he bought one? Why didn't he wait until he'd signed a proper contract?

4. If I look at my bank statement, I see that Geegeez has paid me my salary, not the Racing Post etc. Doidge's bank statement must have had either BWFC paying him or FGR. if it was FGR as seems to now be the case, wouldn't that ring any alarm bells before you committed to buying a house? When he got a mortgage, would the lender/broker not also pick up on it?

5. If you're going to protest about the treatment of Doidge, try to remember he's not called Dodge, Doige, Diodge or any other variant I've seen this week on your social media outbursts.

1 minute ago, Traf said:

To be clear, I'm not supporting Ken's actions over this latest debacle, but...

...I'm struggling to understand some of the issues raised this weekend.

1. How has it become known that Remi Matthews' wife quit a job to move up here?

2. Why did they do that, when it was a loan to buy? Surely you wait until the actual final deal is done?

3. Likewise with Doidge's house : how/why do we know he bought one? Why didn't he wait until he'd signed a proper contract?

4. If I look at my bank statement, I see that Geegeez has paid me my salary, not the Racing Post etc. Doidge's bank statement must have had either BWFC paying him or FGR. if it was FGR as seems to now be the case, wouldn't that ring any alarm bells before you committed to buying a house? When he got a mortgage, would the lender/broker not also pick up on it?

5. If you're going to protest about the treatment of Doidge, try to remember he's not called Dodge, Doige, Diodge or any other variant I've seen this week on your social media outbursts.

Disagree with this - unusually. Both signed contracts on loan then turning to permanent deals in January. The contract they sign will have stated this. The only technicality is the permanent transfer of their registration which couldn't happen until January as they signed beyond the permanent transfer window. 

It is likely both have had a breach in their contracts - they may pursue the club - though I guess they may feel chasing an empty bank account isn't worth it.

However, both were described as "becoming permanent in January". Neither were "with an OPTION". 

Ken publically stated Doidge "was 100% a BWFC player". I cannot in any way blame the players on this.

They signed a contract that they expected to be honoured. It hasn't been.

I'm not blaming the players, I thought they were loan to buy deals.
Personally, though, I'd have waited until I'd got the permanent registration in place before committing to moving my family to Bolton. Especially in Matthews' case, who has been constantly touring the country as a loanee backup keeper.
The FGR wage thing stands, though. Surely it would/should have been raised sooner.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'm not blaming the players, I thought they were loan to buy deals.
Personally, though, I'd have waited until I'd got the permanent registration in place before committing to moving my family to Bolton. Especially in Matthews' case, who has been constantly touring the country as a loanee backup keeper.
The FGR wage thing stands, though. Surely it would/should have been raised sooner.

They signed contracts. And I assume have been lied to by the powers that be. Given the club were still on Saturday peddling the line to Iles of "it'll be sorted" it rather suggests that is the case.

Also re Doidge wages - it may be that FGR paid BWFC who then paid his wages. It is bizarre they would do this. 

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Oh, they've definitely been lied to, but will have been aware they weren't officially permanently registered to a basket-case of a club with a record of not paying on time/fully.
The FGR wage thing is most bizarre.

But their professional registration is not their contract. I assume that technically we are still liable for their contracts as signed. (FGR chairman hinted as much). The fact they'd not be registered is neither here nor there in terms of honouring the deals they signed - potentially. 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/club-statement/

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is aware of the statement issued by Forest Green Rovers chairman Dale Vince.

We are disappointed to read the statement as the club has been in dialogue with Mr Vince and Forest Green Rovers over this situation.

We are hopeful that a satisfactory resolution will follow.

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is aware of the statement issued by Forest Green Rovers chairman Dale Vince.

We are disappointed to read the statement as the club has been in dialogue with Mr Vince and Forest Green Rovers over this situation.

We are hopeful that a satisfactory resolution will follow.

• Site Supporter

Theres been too much not making sense. It seems everyone we owe money too is very quick to put a winding up order out or take their players back. Probably trying to force Ken's hand into paying them first.

We'll be doing transfers on a pro-forma basis before long