Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2-0 Cardiff

victor meldrew

Lack of strategy.

We beat second in league. Something might be right.

They did not score. Even better.

They did not have a shot on goal. Surely some strategy ?

Still too much hoof, alnwick's kicking poor as well.

And yes they were poor too

Not seen any stats

• Site Supporter

What is this throwing the ball and kicking it sideways; more often than not out of play? If you're going to lump a drop kick upfield, surely foot under the ball?

What is this throwing the ball and kicking it sideways; more often than not out of play? If you're going to lump a drop kick upfield, surely foot under the ball?

I’d think it gives a flatter delivery than an up and under so easier and quicker to get it under control, that’s if it’s kept in the field of play.

And yes they were poor too

Not seen any stats

If we 'hoofed it' less would the rest have been better ?

Our strategy is to be hard to play against, when we came up against Burton who were happy to sit back we lacked any quality.

Today we had a clear and successful strategy. Parky was rightly slated last week. This week was pretty much spot on.

They were a typical Colin Wanker team which meant they were good for us to play against.

Not sure what people were expecting today.

Can’t knock the desired result

But he didn’t even draw in the defender, he shit it

Watch it again from an angle of all of it

And if you still don’t get it then, I give up

Madine was slagged off on here the other week for not scoring his penalty well enough.

Now he is being criticised for how he played a vital ball.

If he was going to shit out the penalty was the time, he stood and did his job.

• Site Supporter

some will never warm to him, same old faces always looking for a scapegoat

He should’ve smashed it into the top corner and made the ref count it as 2.

I’m delighted he’s proved me wrong today, hope he rams my criticism down my throat time and again. I want BWFC to win every game we play and would love all to be hero’s for today’s kids starting watching us

Completely different team after the penalty, until then we looked like a team that was guaranteed to go down - with not many more points, after we looked like a team that could take it to anyone - every player suddenly wanted the ball, ran faster, tackled harder.

Taylor looked solid against a very tricky winger, he’s a different player in a back 4.

Little makes a massive difference, he’s up there for player of the season for me so far.

Wheater was immense but Beevers is sketchy, he was rash in the 1st half, trying to get far too tight to Bogle and his distribution is woeful.

Buckley - shite. He’s too weak with little pace, prefer Noone

The two centre mids are great in a game light that, Pratley especially, they do however contribute to how shite we are when we’re playing badly because they can’t put their foot on the ball and play it about.

The game passed Vela by for 75 mins... I wish he’d take the ball to feet more rather than just helping it on with som shite flick. Once the confidence was in the team though he was a different player and you can see what he’s good at.

Ameobi is immense, the only player that can do something from nothing - he was good before we went ahead... he was unplayable after, he looked like he believed that nobody would ever take the ball off him again.

I thought Madine was poor in the 1st half but then again he was up against 3 giants with little help. The penalty was a gooden though and as for people trying to say the assist was ‘poor’ - it’s laughable. What do you want him to do? A few step overs, take 8 men away, slide rule no look pass deceiving the keeper so that Vela could put it in with his cock?? Or he could do what he did, make a good run in the 90th minute, consider his options, decide Vela had more chance of scoring, complete a pass that meant he had to just side foot it into pretty much an empty net and take the assist for 2-0.

Cardiff were poor, that French sounding lad was a diving cheat, Halford is still a cock, Henry had Tomlin biting at every word after he slyly tripped him on the break, he tried to back headbutt him at one point which Henry could have made more of but was happy enough just winding him up.

Roll on Sheffield

• Site Supporter

Completely different team after the penalty, until then we looked like a team that was guaranteed to go down - with not many more points, after we looked like a team that could take it to anyone - every player suddenly wanted the ball, ran faster, tackled harder.

Taylor looked solid against a very tricky winger, he’s a different player in a back 4.

Little makes a massive difference, he’s up there for player of the season for me so far.

Wheater was immense but Beevers is sketchy, he was rash in the 1st half, trying to get far too tight to Bogle and his distribution is woeful.

Buckley - shite. He’s too weak with little pace, prefer Noone

The two centre mids are great in a game light that, Pratley especially, they do however contribute to how shite we are when we’re playing badly because they can’t put their foot on the ball and play it about.

The game passed Vela by for 75 mins... I wish he’d take the ball to feet more rather than just helping it on with som shite flick. Once the confidence was in the team though he was a different player and you can see what he’s good at.

Ameobi is immense, the only player that can do something from nothing - he was good before we went ahead... he was unplayable after, he looked like he believed that nobody would ever take the ball off him again.

I thought Madine was poor in the 1st half but then again he was up against 3 giants with little help. The penalty was a gooden though and as for people trying to say the assist was ‘poor’ - it’s laughable. What do you want him to do? A few step overs, take 8 men away, slide rule no look pass deceiving the keeper so that Vela could put it in with his cock?? Or he could do what he did, make a good run in the 90th minute, consider his options, decide Vela had more chance of scoring, complete a pass that meant he had to just side foot it into pretty much an empty net and take the assist for 2-0.

Cardiff were poor, that French sounding lad was a diving cheat, Halford is still a cock, Henry had Tomlin biting at every word after he slyly tripped him on the break, he tried to back headbutt him at one point which Henry could have made more of but was happy enough just winding him up.

Roll on Sheffield

couldn't have put it better, exactly how I saw it.

so you're probably talking shite.

I'll be honest - I thought we'd get battered today. Cardiff were amongst the worst sides I've seen us play this season, I'm presuming they had a majorly off day as by Christ they were shite. We were OK - matched them for long periods but by no means world beaters. GM took his penalty well and did some great work for our second. Taylor slotted in we'll and made us look a little more assured. Massive result in the context of the season. And Cardiff didn't bring a lot considering their league position.

• Members

Read the actual post. I did celebrate. And it wasn’t sniping

Seeing as you weren’t there you may be best sticking to being racist and pining for the wonderful 1970’s on the politics thread

You know you're being a twat on the Madine thing as do the rest of us. In our position, we need maximum support - negativity brings nothing but that which you don't want.

By the way, I pine for no previous decade but have great memories of the 60's, not the 70's. You can stick your other jibe up your no doubt shiny bald arse.

Just caught up on this thread Jules

Why do you want Madine to delay his pass

It's on, Vela is free

Get it played, surely

If you read back my retort was at the comment “cracking assist”

The cracking bit

2 attackers on 1 defender, textbook is draw him in leaving your mate open or if the defender doesn’t come

in time you go alone - we honestly thought it looked like Madine crapped it did neither and passed it early.

We scored so not arsed and it worked, but I’d not define it as cracking and I will defend my comment. My opinion is allowed.

I’ve praised Madine plenty this season when he’s actually deserved it. I thought he was pretty average today. If he scores and gets an assist every week though and I’d happily share Radcliffe’s job as his fluffer