Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Sunderland

Spider

Neither Wilbtaham or Clough were closing down their centrebacks making O Shite look like Rudy Kroll .

Good substitutions despite the stupid idiots booing.

Despite looking dead on his feet Ameobi made two great tackles in injury time.

Karacan deserves his place just for being an an annoying rug rat.

Is Henry suspended now must be close to ten yellows.

Think last night with Wilbraham shows not anybody can do madines job as some made out (this isn’t a moan on his sale)

Such a big lad he couldn’t trap a bag of cement last night so if he can’t hold the ball up then it’s pointless him starting

Alf who’s a midget needs to start he presses and he’s an annoying little fucker for defenders

Karacan was excellent tonight.

Clough needs to grow a pair. He can’t keep shitting out of challenges.

He’s not built for, er, shitting into challenges.

Him on the left in that set-up massively limits what we get out of him (a goal and a couple of useful ball carries aside).

I understood the substitution, but I’d have fancied him to do a bit more damage with Sammy and Alf for company.

I thought our back three were pretty good considering they all had a couple of moments when it looked like someone had tied their feet together.

Karacan put a proper shift in.

I don't blame Clough for one or two he pulled out of with Kone.

He was given hospital passes that were only going to end one way.

We have to use Clough better than feeding off one or two scraps from Willbraham.

Admittedly ALF showed how to play the role much better when he came on.

all the booers can go fuck them selves. any fool could see we were getting pounded in midfield and we needed extra cover, clough was offering very little so he brings derik on who imo was well worth his substitution.

Exactly this........Clough wasn't in the game & we were getting overrun in midfield  so Derik for Clough was the intelligent substitution which definitely got us back into the game. ( fair fucks to Derik who came on & gave it everything, & didn't sulk after after getting dropped )

Bringing Derik on was a no brainer it also allowed Karacan to play his more natural role which is breaking into the box, I called the substitution 10 minutes before it happened but its a lot easier when your in the stand without the pressure that the manager is under. Anyone who thinks Parky should be fired is a retard.   

Bringing Derik on was a no brainer it also allowed Karacan to play his more natural role which is breaking into the box, I called the substitution 10 minutes before it happened but its a lot easier when your in the stand without the pressure that the manager is under. Anyone who thinks Parky should be fired is a retard.

I agree.

Parky has done an incredible job, don’t forget the mess he took over.

Had to rebuild a team that finished in just 30 points the season before.

Do I like his football, no, do I agree with all his tactics not all the time, do I agree with our away form, no.

But I can’t deny how great of a job he has done for us, without spending a single penny on signings.

Ultimately, we might miss quality due to our budget, but the players want to play for him, and put 100% week in week out.

Edited by Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter

Karacan was excellent tonight.

Clough needs to grow a pair. He can’t keep shitting out of challenges.

He’s not built for, er, shitting into challenges.

Him on the left in that set-up massively limits what we get out of him (a goal and a couple of useful ball carries aside).

I understood the substitution, but I’d have fancied him to do a bit more damage with Sammy and Alf for company.

I thought our back three were pretty good considering they all had a couple of moments when it looked like someone had tied their feet together.

Karacan put a proper shift in.

Karacan is built the same as Clough and he was tackling everything that moved.

You don’t pull out of tackles. Simple as that

He did look very lightweight last night. There's a reason for that though; he's very lightweight. He either needs to put a stone on or grow 6 inches. One can't happen, one definitely can.  I'm not talking a dozen Carrs Pasties here. I reckon height-wise he is about the same size as Mark Patterson and he'd never dodge a tackle the way ZC did. Any future opponents will see last night's game and note that he was scared to death of getting stuck in. They'll play to that weakness.

He did look very lightweight last night. There's a reason for that though; he's very lightweight. He either needs to put a stone on or grow 6 inches. One can't happen, one definitely can.  I'm not talking a dozen Carrs Pasties here. I reckon height-wise he is about the same size as Mark Patterson and he'd never dodge a tackle the way ZC did. Any future opponents will see last night's game and note that he was scared to death of getting stuck in. They'll play to that weakness.

Too right about Patterson but I think you're either that type of player or you're not. You're either brave enough or you're not and I don't think bulking up will change that.

That lack of courage IMHO will mean that Clough will never be a regular starter for anyone. Probably better left to coming on as sub when the opposition are tiring.

I agree.

Parky has done an incredible job, don’t forget the mess he took over.

Had to rebuild a team that finished in just 30 points the season before.

Do I like his football, no, do I agree with all his tactics not all the time, do I agree with our away form, no.

But I can’t deny how great of a job he has done for us, without spending a single penny on signings.

Ultimately, we might miss quality due to our budget, but the players want to play for him, and put 100% week in week out.

Agree with all of that. We must never forget what a complete shambles we were when he took over and whatever happens from hereon in he's done a fantastic job.

• Site Supporter

Patterson played in a totally different era. The end.

No doubting that and I also don't doubt that today's refing would see him collecting cards every game but my point wasn't how they played then and how they play now, it was having the balls to actually make a tackle within the current rules of the game.

Too right about Patterson but I think you're either that type of player or you're not. You're either brave enough or you're not and I don't think bulking up will change that.

That lack of courage IMHO will mean that Clough will never be a regular starter for anyone. Probably better left to coming on as sub when the opposition are tiring.

In football there are players who have the courage to make that physical challenge and players who have the courage to take that extra touch or take the extra man on possibly creating or scoring a goal the Likes of Clough and Eagles were the latter the likes of Patterson the former and it takes both to create a good team.     

In football there are players who have the courage to make that physical challenge and players who have the courage to take that extra touch or take the extra man on possibly creating or scoring a goal the Likes of Clough and Eagles were the latter the likes of Patterson the former and it takes both to create a good team.

Correct.

Why do we play Ameobi for 90 when he is fucked ? its like playing with 10 after 80. puts us under pressure and is not good for the lad. 

Thought taking clough off was a strange decision. 

Wilbraham should be avoided in the hope we try and play some football.

Great win though.....still giddy now :D

ameobi was fantastic last 10

so long as its not doing him any harm, keep him on

really ? he does one run and then can't move. 

"He looks injured" was a comment heard from a suitably qualified former coach. 

he was brilliant last night but should have come off instead Karacan imo. 

Think last night with Wilbraham shows not anybody can do madines job as some made out (this isn’t a moan on his sale)

Such a big lad he couldn’t trap a bag of cement last night so if he can’t hold the ball up then it’s pointless him starting

Alf who’s a midget needs to start he presses and he’s an annoying little fucker for defenders

He doesn't do enough from the start for me. I think he's cracking off the bench, especially in situations like last night.