Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jlloyd Samuel

Blondi

Terrible.

Can't imagine what they can say to the kids when they needed to be picked up tonight.

RIP

Just shows you need to live for today, as we never know when our time is up.

Jesus, don't!  My Mrs has been in Germany with work for a few days and our toddler has been crying and asking for her . . .  not sure I'd be able to cope in any way if I thought we'd never see her again.

That last sentiment is bang on.

RIP 

• Site Supporter

Aye. Saw that picture on the news which made it even worse to think about. Guess that someone like Micky D is probably best-placed to explain how it can go so horribly wrong

I just hope to fuck he was either dead or unconscious on impact.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/supportforjlloydsamuelfamily

Just retweeted by iles - Just giving page set up for funeral costs

I know this might not go down well.........but It's a poor do if his family can't afford a funeral, as he must have earnt millions during his time as a pro footballer, so you would hope something was put aside to cover this type of thing

I know this might not go down well.........but It's a poor do if his family can't afford a funeral, as he must have earnt millions during his time as a pro footballer, so you would hope something was put aside to cover this type of thing

Surely the PFA or his ex team mates can chip in.

• Moderators

aye, the account was set up by "Emma Samuel", using a pic of Jlloyd

the description reads:

Jlloyd was a loving son, father, husband and brother. He was a respected ex-footballer who played for a number of clubs. He was extremely popular and well-loved by all who were fortunate to know him. Jlloyd leaves behind a family including his wife Emma and four children Jada-Lei, Javarne, Lakyle and Amara who are devastated by their sudden loss. The family at this time would appreciate any donations of support for funeral expenses and ongoing support for the children. We thank you in advance   xx

she refers to herself in the 3rd person, and set this up within a week of his death

and she accidentally donated to herself, but then said it was shauna muamba who did it whilst logged into her account

somert doesn't seem right 

• Site Supporter

Feels exactly the same as the millionaire celebrities who come on telly annually asking us to donate part of our wages to Soccer aid, Comic Relief, etc.

I'm in agreement with Sweep, MickBrown, Zico, etc. it all seems a bit strange.

Feels exactly the same as the millionaire celebrities who come on telly annually asking us to donate part of our wages to Soccer aid, Comic Relief, etc.

I'm in agreement with Sweep, MickBrown, Zico, etc. it all seems a bit strange.

You missed out the bit about tax dodging celebrities.

sign of the times these days these Just giving pages.

Set up for everything and anything. its seen as a sign that everyone is thinking of them. giving money.

in instances such as death im sure the closely linked family members would reach out to their immediate friends and family if they wanted help with anything at all. Not sure Dave from Hull transferring a fiver registers on their priorities at such a difficult time 

sign of the times these days these Just giving pages.

It is, but in a far more worrying sense. Folk will do anything to make a few quick quid off the back of even the most tragic of circumstances.

See also the Manchester Bombing, Grenfell Tower cons etc.

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Just seen that his family are accusing his wife of faking the crash for an insurance scam and that he’s still alive

wtf?????

You shouldn't read The Sun, you really shouldn't.

But it sounds like his sister might kick off at the inquest next week, generating yet another story from the tragedy for scum press.