Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

The stay aways in general are part of the problem. Whether it’s dressed up as some moral reasoning or just can’t be fucking arsed is irrelevant 

We spend more than we bring in. Simple economics 

thats been the case for the last 20 years but for 17 or 18 of those the club had a father who continuously gave it money. Now he’s 6 feet under its gotta look after itself and it can’t. 

I’ve been to about 4 home games this season as my missus works and I have the kids. But kept my ST 

why? Because as ludicrous as it sounds the club needs my £400 more than I do. That’s my ‘moral stance’ 

but hey, each to their own 

I’m same probably missed 5-6 games being out of the country but won’t ever not renew my tickets, we’ve some fantastic fans but unfortunately too many fickle fuckers and they are one of the main reasons we can’t compete. 

• Site Supporter

For me, providing we are still going, and debt free (and therefore one of the richest clubs in the league) I couldn't give a shiney one if the owner is the late, great Attila the Hun with Genghis as manager.

I just want us to be living within our means and not be in the papers every fucking day stumbling from one disaster from the other, a laughing stock of every no-mark tinpot club in the country. I can cope with shit football, I'm a Bolton fan, but fuck me.

I used to be on here every day commenting and joining in but I can't be bothered at the moment. It's getting me down.

I don't need counselling by the way, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

For me, providing we are still going, and debt free (and therefore one of the richest clubs in the league) I couldn't give a shiney one if the owner is the late, great Attila the Hun with Genghis as manager.

I just want us to be living within our means and not be in the papers every fucking day stumbling from one disaster from the other, a laughing stock of every no-mark tinpot club in the country. I can cope with shit football, I'm a Bolton fan, but fuck me.

I used to be on here every day commenting and joining in but I can't be bothered at the moment. It's getting me down.

What was your previous poster name? As never seen a post from you before. 

3 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

80-90% of clubs in this division are doing a much worse job at living within their means. 

The differnece is we haven’t got anyone daft enough to cover the tab anymore.

• Moderators
Just now, gonzo said:

80-90% of clubs in this division are doing a much worse job at living within their means. 

I've recently realised that folk dont actually want us to live within our means

They want us to live within our owners means and said owner needs to be minted

2 minutes ago, WestStandUpper said:

So it’s my fault now, for deciding not to line the owners pockets any more because of his behaviour and antics? 

What about the owner who pockets a sizeable bonus for himself despite not paying wages, and contractual bonuses to players and ex players?

the same owner who committed to purchase a player from another club but only to go back on it.

the owner who is the sole custodian of the club who flatly refuses to pay his staffs salaries with no explanation or care.

the owner who refuses to pay bills.

its his club, it’s his responsibility.

You see this is where many people go wrong - it may be his club as owner but it isn't his PERSONAL responsibility and that is why the club is a LIMITED COMPANY.

In a nutshell it trades and as long as it earns more than it spends then everything is fine.

If it spends more than it earns it is not the owners responsibility to put their hand in their pocket but the business needs to instead cut costs and maximise income to turn the position around.

That's why he's been robbing Peter to pay Paul and begging people to fill the stadium for every match.

He's no saint granted but neither as he been required to put millions in of his own money to pay the wages.

If however he's been found to have been up to some financial jiggery pokery well that's a different matter but up to now all who have seen the books, which have been a few recently - have not brought anything to the attention of the proper authorities (in so far as we know) and until that point comes he's not been found guilty of doing anything criminal whilst he's owned the club no matter what people my say or think.

I'm not sticking up for the bloke but merely explaining how it is.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I'm not bothered about them Gonzo, I'm only bothered about us. What everybody else is doing doesn't affect me.

And I'm not sure about them 'doing a much worse job' either.

Edited by FrancisFogarty

14 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

If Bassini gets it then Nixons landed a knockout blow!

:D

If you throw enough punches one has to land sooner or later and I think that is the style Mr Nixon has.

He does get some right but most don't land.

And until H came along he was probably the only source of any news we had (I'd even put the LoV as being more informed than Iles), unless someone or other on here did the kindness of tipping us the wink.

(which is not an euphemism)

13 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

You see this is where many people go wrong - it may be his club as owner but it isn't his PERSONAL responsibility and that is why the club is a LIMITED COMPANY.

In a nutshell it trades and as long as it earns more than it spends then everything is fine.

If it spends more than it earns it is not the owners responsibility to put their hand in their pocket but the business needs to instead cut costs and maximise income to turn the position around.

That's why he's been robbing Peter to pay Paul and begging people to fill the stadium for every match.

He's no saint granted but neither as he been required to put millions in of his own money to pay the wages.

If however he's been found to have been up to some financial jiggery pokery well that's a different matter but up to now all who have seen the books, which have been a few recently - have not brought anything to the attention of the proper authorities (in so far as we know) and until that point comes he's not been found guilty of doing anything criminal whilst he's owned the club no matter what people my say or think.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiM6amG7bThAhWJmBQKHQnDCdMQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2F2015%2Fnov%2F30%2Fbolton-first-team-players-yet-to-receive-wages-for-november&psig=AOvVaw3cMn5ms_8pW8DrPr6KJwyd&ust=1554412797557871

14 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

You've been sticking up for him for three years, so what's another four weeks

7 minutes ago, Big E said:

Kane with your track record of despising the last two chairman you willing to give bassini a chance ?

I always got on with Gartside so no despising there. 

I think everyone deserves a second chance, don't you?

tbf I don't despise Ken either

Edited by Kane57

Can't see what all the fuss is about with Bassini. Think some folk need to take a breath.

1. It's not his money, he's just the stooge. Per Howard's earlier comments, the real buyers are awash (pardon the pun) with money of dubious origin. They'll be chucking it at us faster than we can spend it.

2. The next stadium sponsorship deal will be massive (and a bit of a surprise that a newly formed company based in a shed in the arse end of nowhere paid so much).

3. Bassini will disappear pretty soon after the sale goes through. Maybe literally :shok:

4. In the meantime, his chairman's notes will be piss funny.

If he gets it, fuck it ... let's just enjoy the fride.

1 minute ago, wakey said:

Can't see what all the fuss is about with Bassini. Think some folk need to take a breath.

1. It's not his money, he's just the stooge. Per Howard's earlier comments, the real buyers are awash (pardon the pun) with money of dubious origin. They'll be chucking it at us faster than we can spend it.

2. The next stadium sponsorship deal will be massive (and a bit of a surprise that a newly formed company based in a shed in the arse end of nowhere paid so much).

3. Bassini will disappear pretty soon after the sale goes through. Maybe literally :shok:

4. In the meantime, his chairman's notes will be piss funny.

If he gets it, fuck it ... let's just enjoy the fride.

Don’t forget Ken will be chairman and the King of Bahrain will be the kit man

Edited by Boothy

have the davies's factored their performance fees invoices to these bahrainis ? (ie, theyre owed £10mil , but took £8m from the bahrainis)

LOLOL if theyve used the same named mechanism kens been using. 

its probably not , but would be funny if it were.