Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter

Better than the football is this. 

As an aside, perhaps there is a TV production company out there that might be interested:

In this age of action/adventure type shit, with folk rushing around the world, going through extreme military punishment, and starving on desert islands/Australia perhaps there's room for another where several hundred football fans are given the chance to earn superfan status, by chasing across the world to bring our owner back to answer for his behaviour. "Kenhunt" coming soon on ITV2.

28 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

The world does change in 12 days, young lady.

I know you use numbers very interchangeably but Friday isn't 12 days ago. 

5) The arrival of Mr Bassini’s group was something of a surprise/spanner in the works and has caused issues to move us away from our required narrative. I do believe he has the backers to complete, likewise he has the backers to support guerilla action to discredit our bid. 

10) Mr Bassini is fronting the consortium because it is impossible to smear him, it’s a sort of perverse double jeopardy. That  he is anywhere near the other consortium  suggests the presence of my bidders is very real and that the comments on this forum have impact. 

12) Why did we choose to deal with Moonshift directly? KA was very clearly dealing with certain buyers who would agree to certain conditions that we simply could not, legally. Did we ever expect him to deal with us? No. Did we expect Mr Bassini? No. We expected a clear path once FV had been removed. 

Those are my final comments because I expect Bassini to complete today. 

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

so we can still loan if there is no loan fee, and sign "free" players then

The other thing to think about now, is any footballer ever going to want to come to BWFC with all the high profile media reports of them not being paid for 3 months, striking, etc.   We're going to struggle to persuade anyone.   Shit sticks, and even if a new regime sorts it, the damage is done...

Edited by chrisw99

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I know you use numbers very interchangeably but Friday isn't 12 days ago. 

Only when discussing your length with your husband. 

And 12 days since we first stated the Thai backers, please don’t be selective with what you pick out.

3 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

The other thing to think about now, is any footballer ever going to want to come to BWFC with all the high profile media reports of them not being paid for 3 months

Have they not been paid for the months?

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

And 12 days since we first stated the Thai backers, please don’t be selective with what you pick out.

On Friday - "I believe he has the backers to complete the deal and also backers who will help him run a guerilla campaign to discredit our bid. He's fronting another consortium...."

5 days later - "I thought he would complete on Friday because we were lending him the money...."

I'll just leave it there. 

7 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

The other thing to think about now, is any footballer ever going to want to come to BWFC with all the high profile media reports of them not being paid for 3 months, striking, etc.   We're going to struggle to persuade anyone.   Shit sticks, and even if a new regime sorts it, the damage is done...

Now Lionel, we know you're very tired but could you please go over it one more time?  You were at home and you heard a noise in the garden. What happened then?

Si I hear a noise! I go out and look around and next thing everything goes black.  When I wake up I have this white shirt on and a man in a balaclava tells me I've signed for Bolton Wanderers and I'll be playing my football in English league one!'

Thank you Mr Messi, we'll have that statement typed up and like we told your teammates Mr Ronaldo and Mr Dybala we'll be in touch in due course. In the meantime we've had a message that the coach for the Gillingham match is outside so please make your way out past the desk there. 

Edited by ProfessorWoland

4 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

The world really must change. 

You went through about 6 stages with Bassini in a week, whichever fit your narrative I suppose. First it was that he's a red herring to give a shove to other buyers. Next was that even if he is interested he has no money. Shortly followed by oh yeah he actually has Thai backers who need to launder some money. Then he was due to pay you £2m to fuck off, before completing. Then he was only going to complete because you wanted to loan him money? 

6 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

The world really must change. 

You went through about 6 stages with Bassini in a week, whichever fit your narrative I suppose. First it was that he's a red herring to give a shove to other buyers. Next was that even if he is interested he has no money. Shortly followed by oh yeah he actually has Thai backers who need to launder some money. Then he was due to pay you £2m to fuck off, before completing. Then he was only going to complete because you wanted to loan him money? 

Checkmate

On a slightly different tack, if there has been any illegal activities, I hope that the relevant authorities will be made aware, and the person/persons who have committed them, will be dealt with severely

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

On a slightly different tack, if there has been any illegal activities, I hope that the relevant authorities will be made aware, and the person/persons who have committed them, will be dealt with severely

I'm hanging on to the thought he's in Dubai as his last hoorah before porridge.