Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, wakey said:

Bollocks, logged in again.

Still nowt happened. Five minute timer starts again .... now.

Ive tried this many a time, end up logging on again a few minutes later. Probably looks dodgy as fuck to the missus.

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Then why wouldn't Jamie vardy in league 2 fuck off to fc Costa del ingles for 3x the money. For the sake of the global game you can't have a salary cap unless it's all over. 

You'll end up with Madine earning 300k a week in china or other shit! 

JulesD likes this

2 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

And why would a player want to play in League 1 or 2 on a low salary cap when they could go potentially go abroad to somewhere that doesn't have a salary cap?

Any of the decent players could probably go to a foreign club either low in the league or even a league down, which will just leave a bunch of players with no chance of getting an offer anywhere else. Won't happen unless they don't care about killing the quality of the leagues IMO. 

Because there's a finite amount of places in those leagues and your average English footballer doesn't want to go to and live and play in Turkey for a couple of extra grand a week.

There is absolutely an argument that for Premier League teams competing for the worlds best players, a salary cap is restrictive. There's no argument at all that us (and other clubs in the lower leagues) need to be playing bang average footballers 10-15k a week.

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Ive tried this many a time, end up logging on again a few minutes later. Probably looks dodgy as fuck to the missus.

Yeah, still here.

Promised the mrs I wouldn't stay up refreshing tinternet all night. Have a cunning plan. If she unexpectedly walks in, I'll have to whip my cock out smartish.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

And why would a player want to play in League 1 or 2 on a low salary cap when they could go potentially go abroad to somewhere that doesn't have a salary cap? 

Any of the decent players could probably go to a foreign club either low in the league or even a league down, which will just leave a bunch of players with no chance of getting an offer anywhere else. Won't happen unless they don't care about killing the quality of the leagues IMO. 

It's time to let that happen. The alternative is clubs carry on spending more than their income on player wages, until they eventually go pop, or the person investing decides they've spent enough. 

If foreign Leagues start getting flooded with mediocre English footballers on massive wages, the novelty will soon wear off. 

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, wakey said:

Yeah, still here.

Promised the mrs I wouldn't stay up refreshing tinternet all night. Have a cunning plan. If she unexpectedly walks in, I'll have to whip my cock out smartish.

That's not the kind of extension we're expecting tonight.

13 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Then why wouldn't Jamie vardy in league 2 fuck off to fc Costa del ingles for 3x the money. For the sake of the global game you can't have a salary cap unless it's all over. 

You'll end up with Madine earning 300k a week in china or other shit! 

Why would anyone give a shit if they did? Nobody is going watching clubs at that level because of any player.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

Because there's a finite amount of places in those leagues and your average English footballer doesn't want to go to and live and play in Turkey for a couple of extra grand a week.

There is absolutely an argument that for Premier League teams competing for the worlds best players, a salary cap is restrictive. There's no argument at all that us (and other clubs in the lower leagues) need to be playing bang average footballers 10-15k a week.

Most of the teams in the championship are trying to get in the pl, hence 106% of revenue being spent on wages

There's always three wealthy ones coming down setting the bar high along with others living off parachute money

The rest are trying to stay in it as there's no money in league one

Some teams in league one will be happy to pay above the odds if they think it will get them out of their quickly

Touch wood but no one ever goes bust as theres always someone willing to take a risk

Just now, Mantra said:

Bury are expelled we have 14 days

full details 

Despite further exchanges with the Administrators over the course of the Bank Holiday weekend, and right up until today’s deadline of 5pm, a resolution to ongoing impasse in negotiations regarding a completion of sale at Bolton Wanderers has not yet been found.

The EFL Board has therefore taken the decision to lift the suspension on the notice of withdrawal, which was issued as per the EFL’s insolvency policy when the Club entered administration in May 2019.

As per the League’s Articles of Association, this will now give the Club 14 days (11.59pm on 12 September, 2019) to meet all outstanding requirements of the League’s insolvency policy or its membership in the EFL will be withdrawn.

In respect of the situation at Bolton Wanderers, the administrators now have this period of time to successfully conclude a change of control with a preferred purchaser, or provide sufficient evidence that they are in a position to fund the Club for the remainder of the 2019/20 campaign.

EFL Executive Chair, Debbie Jevans CBE, said:  “Despite repeated assurances, we are extremely disappointed that we are still not in a position to reach a successful resolution with the sale of Bolton Wanderers and have therefore taken the decision to lift the suspension on the notice of withdrawal. I again urge all parties to finalise the proposed takeover.

“The reality of this action is that there are now 14 days to secure the Club’s long-term future, and I sincerely hope we can find a way through these challenging circumstances for the benefit of all those who have an association with the Club.”

Despite further exchanges with the Administrators over the course of the Bank Holiday weekend, and right up until today’s deadline of 5pm, a resolution to ongoing impasse in negotiations regarding a completion of sale at Bolton Wanderers has not yet been found.

The EFL Board has therefore taken the decision to lift the suspension on the notice of withdrawal, which was issued as per the EFL’s insolvency policy when the Club entered administration in May 2019.

As per the League’s Articles of Association, this will now give the Club 14 days (11.59pm on 12 September, 2019) to meet all outstanding requirements of the League’s insolvency policy or its membership in the EFL will be withdrawn.

In respect of the situation at Bolton Wanderers, the administrators now have this period of time to successfully conclude a change of control with a preferred purchaser, or provide sufficient evidence that they are in a position to fund the Club for the remainder of the 2019/20 campaign.

EFL Executive Chair, Debbie Jevans CBE, said:  “Despite repeated assurances, we are extremely disappointed that we are still not in a position to reach a successful resolution with the sale of Bolton Wanderers and have therefore taken the decision to lift the suspension on the notice of withdrawal. I again urge all parties to finalise the proposed takeover.

“The reality of this action is that there are now 14 days to secure the Club’s long-term future, and I sincerely hope we can find a way through these challenging circumstances for the benefit of all those who have an association with the Club.”

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/bolton-wanderers-suspension-on-notice-of-withdrawal-lifted/

19 minutes ago, SilentBob said:

Then that's what should happen. It would leave a bunch of players which the club's could actually afford to pay without risking their very existence. 

2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

So basically we have to wait till September 12th now I give up I fucking really do 

Not unless anyone puts more money in (or, obviously, a deal gets done). Without cash or a takeover, we won’t make it through 48 hours.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

2 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

full details 

Don't think they had a choice given what's gone on.

Now it's over to the administrator?