Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, Flannel Truscott said:

First you say he is fronting. 

Then you say there's nothing to say he is. 

But you say that isn't contradictory. 

Then you say there's a joint statement. 

Then you don't produce it.

You've shown a fundamental lack of understanding of venture capital yet you are apparently trying to inform people on here. 

I said he is fronting and that the investment structure of VGC suggests that to be true, investing 28% of the fund in BWFC.... really...? 

I believe you are capable of looking at a twitter account for yourself?

I don’t know why we are talking venture capital as VGC isn’t venture capital, it’s private equity, different entirely. 

I assume from the tone of your response that you take personal objection to my comments, would you care to divulge as to why?

45 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Also say the press know nothing yet cite a press reports from December. Whilst interesting take on things I think that’s all this is and some people seem to be lapping it up.

A press release isn’t the same as a press report, a press release is written by the club and re-printed by the press. 

I referenced one journalist on this particular issue, explained (with factual evidence) why he was wrong and therefore not in the loop.

1 minute ago, Howardroark said:

A press release isn’t the same as a press report, a press release is written by the club and re-printed by the press. 

I referenced one journalist on this particular issue, explained (with factual evidence) why he was wrong and therefore not in the loop.

Cheers Mr Google, gold star to you.

43 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

I said he is fronting and that the investment structure of VGC suggests that to be true, investing 28% of the fund in BWFC.... really...? 

Boring bullshit cunt. 

Nowhere has he or VGC said that he is investing via the fund. 

Fuck off you wum. 

19 minutes ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Boring bullshit cunt. 

Nowhere has he or VGC said that he is investing via the fund. 

Fuck off you wum. 

Well this seems altogether unnecessary,  I had rather been enjoying a hearty debate.

Edited by Howardroark
Changed mind

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

At least a straightener somewhere more salubrious in the offing- outside Deloitte maybe?

Kpmg Bangkok 

kane and sluffy as a warm up bout 

miami and almost half the forum 

busy times!

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Not sure there was any need to go in with two feet pal 

I’m a bit sceptical of some of Howard’s assumptions but still, as Mounts has pointed out, it’s a forum for discussion 

Personally I’d rather have Howard’s contribution than not have it

Yep I agree, crack on Howard.

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Not sure there was any need to go in with two feet pal 

I’m a bit sceptical of some of Howard’s assumptions but still, as Mounts has pointed out, it’s a forum for discussion 

Personally I’d rather have Howard’s contribution than not have it

Possibly my frustration crept out. 

Fact remains he's making inaccurate statements, not backing them up and dodging when questioned. 

Easily remedied... 

8 minutes ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Fact remains he's making inaccurate statements, not backing them up and dodging when questioned. 

Easily remedied... 

The point that I made all along was that VGC couldn’t be behind the deal and as such didn’t know why it was being included in releases and comments other than to improve the credentials of an individual who at present lacks experience of any kind outside of fund-raising and some small digital/promo investments. Let’s not pretend that the “£100M” figure isn’t the most eye-catching part of any description of Mr Basran. 

I felt that clarity was needed for fans who were hoping/expecting the backing of a £100M fund when this simply isn’t the case. The last thing any fan needs is false expectations given the past 3 years. 

Had Mr Basran not wished to leverage the name and value of his fund then he very easily could’ve appointed a conduit to negotiate on his behalf.

23 minutes ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Easily remedied... 

And did you attend the Ken Anderson school of apologies?

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Easily remedied... 

Fuck mop! This is Wanderersways, not Sky Sports News.

We thrive on inaccuracies and assumptions. 

Genuine question and not a challenge to anything posted so far, but if Basran's basically the front for A N Other, are any of his other businesses or funds relevant?

Would he have set up anything new (other than the company to act as the vehicle) to do it, i.e. would there be any breadcrumbs anywhere to follow? Or could proof of funding be as simple as it's backed by Billy Bigpockets, here's proof of his wealth and here's a letter saying he's willing to piss away £x gazillion on the club?

11 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

For the information of those interested, Basran’s funds come through this company: 

https://www.twentytencapital.com/

twentytencapital seems to be an activity of  VGC Partners LLP which had the previous name of Velos Partners (EMEA) LLP.

No sign of any wealth or profitability there.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/OC369340/filing-history

9 minutes ago, wakey said:

Genuine question and not a challenge to anything posted so far, but if Basran's basically the front for A N Other, are any of his other businesses or funds relevant?

Would he have set up anything new (other than the company to act as the vehicle) to do it, i.e. would there be any breadcrumbs anywhere to follow? Or could proof of funding be as simple as it's backed by Billy Bigpockets, here's proof of his wealth and here's a letter saying he's willing to piss away £x gazillion on the club?

Good questions: 

Before KA would entertain any bid he required proof of funding to £30M (basically enough to clear all debts, although the reality is it will cost £8-£11M to actually acquire). My belief is that Basran used his VGC fund to prove this even though he didn’t intend on using the fund to invest. That then gave him access to the books for due diligence. 

He then proposed the investment to his network through the afore mentioned TwentyTen capital. I think he faces the same issue as Peter Kenyon did at Newcastle, not enough money, some money, yes, but not enough. 

So either he’s trying to raise more, or trying to lower the price, problem being the price is dictated mainly by KA’s Moonshift debts of £8M that can’t really be negotiated, and then his fee. 

The secondary issue is that the EFL would need to verify all investors as part of ‘Fit and Proper Persons’/ anti money laundering regs. 

In regards to breadcrumbs, it depends. If the investors wanted straight equity then yes, if a separate investment fund was set up to own the shares through a LTD company then no, not publicly.

Edited by Howardroark
Addition