Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, Pricey said:

Yep apparently so, but one thing confusing me is that FV have been around for approx. 2 years  I believe trying to acquire us, but it was only February time that I first heard about Basran

I suppose negotiating with sweaty answers all your questions.

Just now, sleepingindian said:

dont think davis lee is a bad choice with the right support he could come good. although wouldnt want it to turn out bad

The trouble is he’s completely unproven. You have nothing to go on. He’s not done a thing to suggest hes up to the job. Coaching kids is a completely different thing. One he’s no doubt very good at. But that rarely translates to managing a first team.

17 minutes ago, Pricey said:

"Excitement built among supporters after joint-administrator Paul Appleton yesterday revealed that the owners-in-waiting had already put £1million into the club to fund squad rebuilding and running costs."

Was this announced yesterday?

That’s just cause it’ll go in the paper tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The trouble is he’s completely unproven. You have nothing to go on. He’s not done a thing to suggest hes up to the job. Coaching kids is a completely different thing. One he’s no doubt very good at. But that rarely translates to managing a first team.

but everyone has to start somewhere right ? its a risk if we do but may pay off

3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

2006/07 final  league table

1.Man Utd  2. Chelsea 3.Liverpool 4 Arsenal 5.Tottenham 6, Everton 7. Bolton

If that is a  situation to moan about rather than celebrate  i suspect you are never going to be happy,

Bet you were even happier with that. 😂

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Not many unproven are coming so if it’s between PP and Lee I’ll take my chances on something that could be good or shit rather than someone I know it will be shit with 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

This FV consortium - who are they exactly? - Basran? Michael James? Sharon Brittan? 

Didn't Sweaty dismiss them as "tyrekickers" a while back?

Think he saw anyone who wouldn't give him his pay day as a tyre kicker

24 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

2 years? Really? I thought they formed the company late last year?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they had been sniffing around for 2 years. To be honest though I have a feeling it was on here so more than likely I am wrong

27 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

dont think davis lee is a bad choice with the right support he could come good. although wouldnt want it to turn out bad would. beleive we will go for younger players and profit in future to sustain us.

Never heard of him 😉

21 minutes ago, Pricey said:

Yep apparently so, but one thing confusing me is that FV have been around for approx. 2 years  I believe trying to acquire us, but it was only February time that I first heard about Basran

Football Ventures have only been in existence since 11th Jan, 2019 so I think you may be getting confused with the Khilji's who have been around for two years - the latest attempt being Gaspard Holdings.

(I had to look up what a pantomath was - good word - thank you).

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

Football Ventures have only been in existence since 11th Jan, 2019 so I think you may be getting confused with the Khilji's who have been around for two years - the latest attempt being Gaspard Holdings.

(I had to look up what a pantomath was - good word - thank you).

That rings a bell to be fair, easy to get confused on here

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

He's hardly a 'novice' though, is he? 

Div One isn’t the place for talented kids with a keen manager, its a place for hard nosed gritty fuckers who know a thing or two. Let’s put a team together to survive and then think about the likes of Lee and his next generation.