Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Does any of this affect the cinema on Middlebrook? 

Toy Story 4 out next week Woody stays in a uk hotel attached to a football ground when Andy visits his gran over in little old whorewitch lancastershire

6 hours ago, Pricey said:

How was that a dream job for Sam? I agree with the England job being his dream job but come on mate Everton??

Maybe 'dream' is stretching it. But it's the biggest club job he is/was ever going to get. None of the Big 6 would ever touch him so Everton are the best he can get, plus the timing was right for them to get a BSA/Pulis/Warnock type, they were on the rebound from unprogressive total football by Martinez if i'm not mistaken. They won't go down that road again judging by the fans reaction! To be fair he was allowed to bring Sammy Lee with him so he obviously was able to get his own terms.

5 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Re Moore how do you know till you give him a chance? Same with David Lee...same argument. My issue is that unless they have something special about them there are thousands of similar folk you could ‘give a chance to’. Anyway we will see.

Fair points, but i am struggling with how Lee would command the necessary respect from 32 year old pros like Wheater or Henry, to give them a roasting when you've got beat at home to 10 man Swindon after not scoring for 4 games. It's the same with Solskjaer, has he got it? Sammy Lee probably did it, and giving him a try arguably speeded up our decline. Darren Moore same for me. Mike Phelan, Craig Shakespeare, Terry Connor, Julian Darby, probably great coaches but it's so different being a manager.

Trying to look at it with no sentiment and no further EFL penalty I reckon we are looking at 63 points to stay up, 51 plus the -12.

That works out that we need someone who has managed at an average of 1.37 points per match for most of their career and looking at the numbers Rowett would be very much in the mix.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Fair points, but i am struggling with how Lee would command the necessary respect from 32 year old pros like Wheater or Henry, to give them a roasting when you've got beat at home to 10 man Swindon after not scoring for 4 games. It's the same with Solskjaer, has he got it? Sammy Lee probably did it, and giving him a try arguably speeded up our decline. Darren Moore same for me. Mike Phelan, Craig Shakespeare, Terry Connor, Julian Darby, probably great coaches but it's so different being a manager.

Worked with Eddie Howe. 32 wasn’t he when he took over at Bournemouth 

I'm not sure about David Lee as manager. If he has got to his fifties without having done the job already he either lacks ambition or, if he has applied for jobs and been repeatedly knocked back, nobody has thought him up to it. That isn't a failing on his part, by the way. Some people are suited to the role and some aren't.

Nolan for me, I'd be happy with Phil Brown too, but he is managing in India apparently.

18 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Seems to like younger players and likes them to play footie. Also seems well respected and he's a good age. Worth a chance imo.

And experience with a few madhouses which will certainly come in handy in the early stages for us. 

14 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Bolton. New owners waiting on legal work to be done. Next step will be revealing who are their financial friends. People close to it seem rather cheerful.

Radio Manchester reports it in a slightly more alarming way than that but I'm sure if there was some concern Nixon would be all over it.

Remember, they've put £1 million in up front, I wouldn't read too much into the 'delay', FV must be 100% that it'll get done.

Probably expected all the paperwork to be done by now, but it's not quite there.

Would guess if it's not announced in the next couple hours that it'll be Monday. Obviously I know absolutely fuck all, but let's not panic.