Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He's hardly a 'novice' though, is he? 

He absolutely is a novice in managerial terms. Only scenario where I think he’d get the job is if we were relying on the scholars, but you’d have to hope FV are going to be dipping their toe in to the ‘jobbing pros’ market (essentially the same as we have been anyway) in which case we really need someone who knows their way around this league. Oddly enough Parky probably fits that bill several times over, although I’d prefer a fresh start for everyone ideally. 

Just now, Cheese said:

Fair comments on David Lee's inexperience. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the touchline though. 

I agree with this, an experienced manager with David Lee as his number 2

1 hour ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Bet you were even happier with that. 😂

I was very happy with 7th place, Eddie's c.£30m commitment helping us finish one point ahead of mighty Reading. Not happy with the way BSA behaved though. I wonder if BSA shared a celebratory bottle of claret with his mate Fergie.

Anyway its good news for the club today. I wonder how Simple Simon's going to respond if MJ's part of the deal.

Lee has rightly been given credit for the way his team have been playing the last couple of years. Any one of them who came in albeit rarely had the best ability & composure on the ball out of all the other fuckers

if he’s number 2 behind PP for example it’s utterly pointless him being there. PP won’t listen to his ideas and Lee will have the way he wants to play knocked clean out of him

gaffer and assistant need to have the same “philosophy” 

Edited by barrycowdrill

5 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I was very happy with 7th place, Eddie's c.£30m commitment helping us finish one point ahead of mighty Reading. Not happy with the way BSA behaved though. I wonder if BSA shared a celebratory bottle of claret with his mate Fergie.

Anyway its good news for the club today. I wonder how Simple Simon's going to respond if MJ's part of the deal.

Simple Simon?

Funny how this thread started with a post about the original Football Ventures BN article. 

708 pages and every possible rumour from Bahrain Kings to Bassini later......Football ventures it is  

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Pricey said:

I agree with this, an experienced manager with David Lee as his number 2

That would be my ideal scenario. I know fuck all though.

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I was very happy with 7th place, Eddie's c.£30m commitment helping us finish one point ahead of mighty Reading. 

We finished 7th, it really wasn't important who finished 8th...you really do come across as a bitter bell end at times.