Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Just now, Pricey said:

So what is it you're saying? David Lee as manager or keep him where he is?

I'm not for or against Lee, anyone but parky will get my support. I'm just suggesting we can't ask for an experienced Div 1 standard manager to accept both a huge points deduction and a coach imposed on him.

Just now, Pricey said:

Allardyce at Everton? David Lee has been in football 40+ years. Surely he would have built relationships with other members of the footballing world. Maybe he can play some part in the coaching doesn't necessarily have to be number 2. Look at Duncan Ferguson, Steven Reid and Darren Moore (who in my opinion shouldnt have been sacked). But on the other hand look at what Brendan Rodgers has achieved since leaving Chelsea and Steven Gerrard! I hear Jody Morris at Chelsea u23s is a brilliant coach.

That was a dream job for Sam, as was the England job, he wasn't in a position to insist Sammy Lee or McDonald came with him. As for Darren Moore...awful, look at the squad he inherited and then how they were so poor, not only against us twice but loads of times against inferior opposition, compare that to the jobs done at Norwich, Sheff U, Villa, Brentford. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place, he is a coach not a manager, no disgrace in that.

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not the most exciting new owner but got to give them a chance. 

You say that, but here is the dream scenario:

Eduardo Savarin is a Brazilian businessman who has previously helped Basran financially.

With his friend at university; Mark Zuckerburg; he co-founded Facebook. The 2 fell out, Savarin left the company but retained his shares.

Savarin has a net worth of $10.1 Billion, according to Forbes magazine. He lives in Singapore, having left USA to avoid paying a tax bill of $770 Million.

Let's hope he is still friends with Basran and; being Brazilian; has a love of football. 

23 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Okay. 

Well in answer to Chris' question, it doesn't really matter what he thinks does it? But Chris knows that, I did however, give Chris the chance to crowbar one of his pet names in. 

Beltin'. 

I know Chris isn't universally popular on here and has his own style of posting that most don't seem to like (beeno, FIBS, Simple Simon, etc) but he certainly knows what he's talking about when it comes to accounts and as such has a superior understanding of what has probably happened at the club financially and what has probably gone on since the last accounts.

I know the usual suspects paint him as a crank, and at times he probably doesn't help himself with some of the things he posts and his pet 'topics' such as the newspaper reporter David Conn and Allardyce's profligacy with money but it you can manage to overlook his foibles there is a extremely knowledgeable and passionate Wanderers supporter who like the rest of us is concerned about the club and its wellbeing.

I share a great deal in common with him with adherence to facts rather than fiction (such as gossip and unsubstantiated rumours of illegality by Anderson) and his concerns such as the behaviour of both the ST and Iles with their clear bias against Anderson and for Holdsworth from the start and continued ever since.  Despite everything there is still no proof (so far) that Anderson had indeed raped and pillaged the club, which many fully believe he has.

This clearly has set us apart from many on forums like this and led to trolling and worse towards us.

I somehow think I have managed to win a few over to thinking I'm not quite as weird as you first thought or Ken's number one cocksucker as some would want people to believe but I don't think Chris has won many round yet - although I'm sure he's not been trying.

I guess what I'm saying is if people can look beyond his idiosyncrasies there is an astute and precise brain able to interpret and explain the figures and what's been going on /not been going on, that very few others I know of can and what he says on finance is worth listening to than anywhere else I know in respect of the club.

He's also a true Wanderers fan of over fifty years standing - if that counts for anything in his favour.

• Site Supporter

There's no way Lee chucks out a random interview saying how much he'd love the job 1 day before the new owners tip up without getting the nod.

Can you imagine how difficult the working environment would be if they back Parky.

Stuffs already been sorted.  Lee will be unveiled tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

There's no way Lee chucks out a random interview saying how much he'd love the job 1 day before the new owners tip up without getting the nod.

Can you imagine how difficult the working environment would be if they back Parky.

That interview where he mentions he’d love the job was done at least 3 weeks ago. It just only aired yesterday. 

The reason being, he mentions he’s about to compete in a charity boxing match with John McGinlay at Farnworth Cricket club. 

That was held on 26th May. So this interview was recorded before then. 

He could at that point never have known FV were going to be successful. So the ‘day before’ thing is pure coincidence. 

2 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

That interview where he mentions he’d love the job was done at least 3 weeks ago. It just only aired yesterday. 

The reason being, he mentions he’s about to compete in a charity boxing match with John McGinlay at Farnworth Cricket club. 

That was held on 26th May. So this interview was recorded before then. 

He could at that point never have known FV were going to be successful. So the ‘day before’ thing is pure coincidence. 

Radio Manchester also did features with Gareth Farrelly and Alan Gowling. They will be aired in the next few weeks.

They were done as specials to fill the void when the season finished.

2 hours ago, barryk32 said:

FV won’t be owners that soon I wouldn’t have thought. Hopefully end of next week.

• Site Supporter

Woken up today and no, not dreaming - the takeover is happening.

Can’t wait to get my season ticket as a show of support to the new owners. We’ll need to be patient this season but finally after a few years of hard labour, the shit show appears to be coming to an end

6 hours ago, Clarence Carter said:

Radio Manchester also did features with Gareth Farrelly and Alan Gowling. They will be aired in the next few weeks.

They were done as specials to fill the void when the season finished.

So, we have our dream team - Gowling as Manager with Farrelly his Assistant! The cream will always rise to the top..

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That was a dream job for Sam, as was the England job, he wasn't in a position to insist Sammy Lee or McDonald came with him. As for Darren Moore...awful, look at the squad he inherited and then how they were so poor, not only against us twice but loads of times against inferior opposition, compare that to the jobs done at Norwich, Sheff U, Villa, Brentford. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place, he is a coach not a manager, no disgrace in that.

How was that a dream job for Sam? I agree with the England job being his dream job but come on mate Everton??

8 hours ago, Sluffy said:

I know Chris isn't universally popular on here and has his own style of posting that most don't seem to like (beeno, FIBS, Simple Simon, etc) but he certainly knows what he's talking about when it comes to accounts and as such has a superior understanding of what has probably happened at the club financially and what has probably gone on since the last accounts.

I get that he knows his way around a set of accounts. I'm also keeping an open mind about what Anderson has paid himself until we see the last two years accounts. I was at the meeting where Nightingale appeared to have a go at James, a rant is a bit of an exaggeration though and Im no fan of the Trust. I still struggle to see the point of his question. Nightingale is an irrelevance, the post was just a way to crowbar one of his daft names in, still each to their own.

6 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

I get that he knows his way around a set of accounts. I'm also keeping an open mind about what Anderson has paid himself until we see the last two years accounts. I was at the meeting where Nightingale appeared to have a go at James, a rant is a bit of an exaggeration though and Im no fan of the Trust. I still struggle to see the point of his question. Nightingale is an irrelevance, the post was just a way to crowbar one of his daft names in, still each to their own.

May be wrong but as we have gone into admin I dont think accounts for last 2 years will be published - doesnt happen in the real world. Why would new owners pick up the bill for preparing some one elses accounts

6 minutes ago, Pricey said:

How was that a dream job for Sam? I agree with the England job being his dream job but come on mate Everton??

He was managing in the 4th division having been sacked by Blackpool and knew (openly stated) his only chance of getting to the big time was taking a team there. 

It was before his new fangled techniques, before signing old players in frees, before the sacks of cash and before he got rid of that tash. 

15 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

May be wrong but as we have gone into admin I dont think accounts for last 2 years will be published - doesnt happen in the real world. Why would new owners pick up the bill for preparing some one elses accounts

I'm no expert in insolvency but can't see how it would impact on 17-18 accounts which are more than likely done but not signed off and submitted. As for 18-19 I'd assume that they would need to do a set up until the admin date in May or the imminent change in ownership. Don't know if they will see the light of day though. 

There will be folk on here better placed to set me straight if that is not the case. 

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Re Moore how do you know till you give him a chance? Same with David Lee...same argument. My issue is that unless they have something special about them there are thousands of similar folk you could ‘give a chance to’. Anyway we will see.

10 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

That’s the sort of ground level stuff that the Trust (and BWSA, if they still exist) should be using to engage with fans and at least attempt to remain relevant now that their delusions of owning the club appear to be out of the window. 

I guess it’s something that doesn’t really happen at pro level in this country and there’s maybe a bit of snobbery in that regard, but Sunderland seemed to have a positive response last season when asking fans to help replace those pink seats they used to have. 

Agree with all this, Hamburg, St Pauli and Union have all had their fans club together to improve their grounds in some way and who knows how many others over there. I do think there'd be some snobbery here but also fuck em, would be a good way to help feel reconnected, sprucing up and cleaning the ground.

I doubt it'd happen and hope new owners have plans for a general refresh of the place anyway, Blackpool fans did clean their ground up though the other week so you never know.

On 03/02/2019 at 01:36, BOWTUN BAKED said:

On the button.

I don't care what everyone thinks about Ken. I had a hope that he was being truthful about finding a buyer that would take us forward, with the funds to back it up.

The turds wanting him out... & maybe forcing just to sell to any chancer if it happens, stick your head above the parapet, I'll happily shoot it off.

It may get worse very much so. You asked for it, bloody take it

Some posts just haven't aged well 

47 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

You could call it over-thinking the subject or alternatively just going way off tack altogether. In this case, with respect, I think you've gone for the latter RRF.

Mr Nightingale is a member of a board that seems to me to be almost entirely driven by individuals with barmpot illusions. Will it change its spots? Only with a wholesale change in the people running it but there doesn''t seem to be a queue of folk ready to take on that task.

Do you btw have any idea of why Mr Nightingale decided to chirrup in and have ago at MJ?

9 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

You say that, but here is the dream scenario:

Eduardo Savarin is a Brazilian businessman who has previously helped Basran financially.

With his friend at university; Mark Zuckerburg; he co-founded Facebook. The 2 fell out, Savarin left the company but retained his shares.

Savarin has a net worth of $10.1 Billion, according to Forbes magazine. He lives in Singapore, having left USA to avoid paying a tax bill of $770 Million.

Let's hope he is still friends with Basran and; being Brazilian; has a love of football. 

As much as I’d like that and I know there is a connection with savarin,  what narcotics are you taking. 😂

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Agree with all this, Hamburg, St Pauli and Union have all had their fans club together to improve their grounds in some way and who knows how many others over there. I do think there'd be some snobbery here but also fuck em, would be a good way to help feel reconnected, sprucing up and cleaning the ground.

I doubt it'd happen and hope new owners have plans for a general refresh of the place anyway, Blackpool fans did clean their ground up though the other week so you never know.

Surely someone's got a Karcher knocking about...