Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I always thought he was just an oddball but hats off to him for the job he's done at Macclesfield and the way he comes across.  We could do worse than getting him when/if the dust settles.

Controversial, but he does seem to have done well.

Not sure he'd want to leave the trying pan and jump into the fire though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Presumably you've not heard what they sang about Muamba nor what they sang about Sir Nat? Did you not see the flag hung over the bridge on the M66? The vast majority of them are United or City fa

I've been researching the prospect of Bury & Bolton Wanderers thoroughly online.    Or at least that's what I'm telling the wife when she questions why BBW is appearing in my search hist

Fuck them, fuck their songs about Muamba, but most importantly fuck them and their songs and banners about Sir Nat. Fuck them. They can go into 'town' and support one of the Manchester clubs

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, tshape said:

Don't know why I listen to Jim White anyway, he does my head in. Reckoned his interview with Ryan Mason last year "brought the country to a standstill"

Dickhead ain't he. Making out they didn't want an argument on air when that's exactly what he was hoping for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

cant listen now, but had the player been paid or not?

Yes since the cva in full which is one month. Player didn’t quite grasp what was actually being asked by dale quite cleverly. But under the terms of the CVA he has to and the CVA still stands so he’s paying them. Well he’s paid the one month he has had to let’s see going forward. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Unless he's spunking 6k a week away, no way is he losing his house

I thought that 

he ain’t a bad player surely could of picked up another club 

my guess he knows he won’t get that anywhere else especially with his injury record so stick it out and hope the club gets taken over to continue his contract 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Unless he's spunking 6k a week away, no way is he losing his house

I’ve mentioned this before but a bloke on £6k a week doesn’t live like a man on £500-1000 a week. I’m sure his outgoings will be much higher

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Members

I feel l really ought to be sympathetic to their predicament but also feel that if the boot was on the other foot they'd be lauding it big time on social media.

Fuck  'em.

Edited by MickyD
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/08/2019 at 17:24, tomski said:

I’ve mentioned this before but a bloke on £6k a week doesn’t live like a man on £500-1000 a week. I’m sure his outgoings will be much higher

£6k a week, less tax is probably £3.5k a week, take your agent fees out call it £3k a week. You’d like to think a footballer with a short career ahead of them will be making some provision for when they hit early to mid 30’s and their career is all over. Let’s say £2k a week to live on after a provision of £1k to the retirement pot. 

Its unlikely that a footballers wife will be holding down a decent career given all the moving about every year or so, so the ‘household income’ is probably reliant on the player 

I’d imagine they are looking at £9k to £10k a month to live on. That’s probably an above average household income in London, just! 

He will be living well no doubt but he won’t be some sort of millionaire 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/08/2019 at 17:30, MickyD said:

I feel l really ought to be sympathetic to their predicament but also feel that if the boot was on the other foot they'd be lauding it big time on social media.

Fuck  'em.

Yep, just about where I am. Don't like to see clubs disappear so if they survive all well and good. If not, I won't be losing any sleep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

£6k a week, less tax is probably £3.5k a week, take your agent fees out call it £3k a week. You’d like to think a footballer with a short career ahead of them will be making some provision for when they hit early to mid 30’s and their career is all over. Let’s say £2k a week to live on after a provision of £1k to the retirement pot. 

Its unlikely that a footballers wife will be holding down a decent career given all the moving about every year or so, so the ‘household income’ is probably reliant on the player 

I’d imagine they are looking at £9k to £10k a month to live on. That’s probably an above average household income in London, just! 

He will be living well no doubt but he won’t be some sort of millionaire 

I’d love to be bringing in £10k a month after Mad Max in this here London :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I’d love to be bringing in £10k a month after Mad Max in this here London :)

Was talking household income,  a couple both on £50k - £60k a year are probably bringing home £6k a month after tax and live in a small flat in London 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.