Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its a strange situation.  If the club still exists and needs to apply for entry to a league, its got to be more straight forward than a so-called Phoenix club trying to get accepted.  Obviously there's the small matter of sorting out which ground they use.  Makes our situation seem straight forward, but I wish them good luck.

Although retaining the FA registration will come in handy for taking part in the FA competitions (new clubs can't enter in their first year of existence), there isn't much difference from a league point of view as they no longer hold membership of a league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Presumably you've not heard what they sang about Muamba nor what they sang about Sir Nat? Did you not see the flag hung over the bridge on the M66? The vast majority of them are United or City fa

I've been researching the prospect of Bury & Bolton Wanderers thoroughly online.    Or at least that's what I'm telling the wife when she questions why BBW is appearing in my search hist

Fuck them, fuck their songs about Muamba, but most importantly fuck them and their songs and banners about Sir Nat. Fuck them. They can go into 'town' and support one of the Manchester clubs

Posted Images

There must be a cut of point for applications to any league the way they are going about can’t see them having any team in any league next season to much in fighting and different factions think they are fucked for a few years to much shit to sort out 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

There must be a cut of point for applications to any league the way they are going about can’t see them having any team in any league next season to much in fighting and different factions think they are fucked for a few years to much shit to sort out 

The Phoenix club has made an application already 

Link to post
Share on other sites

An application may be but do they have anything behind it such as ground to play in would be a start , money  etc not really followed it but seems a lot of work to get anywhere near a football club with 6 months to go to next season and a cut of point that must be well before that 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's your problem with starting a new club, there's existing clubs that also want to move up the pyramid, are you going to say no to South Liverpool who are top of the Cheshire League? Crew FC look well set at well.

The clubs who have applied (to North West Counties) from Step 7 are:

    Allscott (West Midlands Region League)
    Ashville (West Cheshire League)
    Crewe (Cheshire League)
    Egerton (Cheshire League)
    Foley Meir (Staffordshire County Senior League)
    Ilkley Town (West Yorkshire League)
    South Liverpool (West Cheshire League)
    Stockport Georgians (Manchester League)
    Wellington Amateurs (West Midlands Regional League)


Plus two new clubs:

    Bury AFC
    FC Isle of Man

Edited by Carlos
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Here's your problem with starting a new club, there's existing clubs that also want to move up the pyramid, are you going to say no to South Liverpool who are top of the Cheshire League? Crew FC look well set at well.

The clubs who have applied (to North West Counties) from Step 7 are:

    Allscott (West Midlands Region League)
    Ashville (West Cheshire League)
    Crewe (Cheshire League)
    Egerton (Cheshire League)
    Foley Meir (Staffordshire County Senior League)
    Ilkley Town (West Yorkshire League)
    South Liverpool (West Cheshire League)
    Stockport Georgians (Manchester League)
    Wellington Amateurs (West Midlands Regional League)


Plus two new clubs:

    Bury AFC
    FC Isle of Man

Ironically,  I think money talks in this scenario.

Are the league going to refuse entry to a team who will bring several hundred supporters to every away fixture, giving the other clubs a much needed shot in the arm? 

Isle of Man would be an interesting away trip! Just getting there could blow Daisy Hill's budget for the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Isle of Man would be an interesting away trip! Just getting there could blow Daisy Hill's budget for the season.

I think part of the deal of entering the league is that they fund the away travel of each team, as is the case with Guernsey in one of the leagues down south. Not sure how often flights are cancelled because of the weather, but that could certainly make things interesting (you'd have to assume that they don't expect teams to travel by ferry).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

10th tier   it is then for the Phoenix club  looks like there not waiting for bury fc to be officially wound up before starting bury afc . Wonder how many of the old fans will even bother with a new club 

Let's face it there weren't many old fans with the old club!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I think part of the deal of entering the league is that they fund the away travel of each team, as is the case with Guernsey in one of the leagues down south. Not sure how often flights are cancelled because of the weather, but that could certainly make things interesting (you'd have to assume that they don't expect teams to travel by ferry).

Ah yes. I did read something about that.  I imagine the NWC officials will have stipulated them paying for 'flights' rather than 'travel'. Imagine trying to play footy a couple of hours after a rough ferry crossing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Ironically,  I think money talks in this scenario.

Are the league going to refuse entry to a team who will bring several hundred supporters to every away fixture, giving the other clubs a much needed shot in the arm? 

Isle of Man would be an interesting away trip! Just getting there could blow Daisy Hill's budget for the season.


No idea. The FA decide then allocate leagues. You can’t deny teams a promotion for no good reason. My understanding was new teams are back of the queue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Probably not enough to ever get them back in the league 

No doubt they'll get to have the odd pre-season friendly against us. 

Glad we won our last game at Gigg Lane. They didn't even have that long period unbeaten at home in the league against us to take in to perpetuity in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guernsey have an airport counted as their home ground for travel and thr away club have to arrange getting their team there then Guernsey pay for flights etc. Would guess isle of man will do the same. Bury might be lucky with few more places up for grabs this season then usual. A lot of applicants though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.