Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Wouldn't surprise me 1 little bit if neither of these are at the club come the 1st game of next season

We live in hope.

With regards to upper tier consultation, not to open that can of worms again but, should have been done from the beginning.

34 minutes ago, Steejay said:

The upper tier elite have been invited to a consultation evening on Feb 12th regarding the possibility of upper tiers closure...

They need closing. Atmosphere was miles better early season when they were shut. 

Although this may have been before Benny Hill took over, or was in his honeymoon period.

Anyway, get them shut or just keep either ESU or WSU open. I'd shut NSU.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, jeep said:

They need closing. Atmosphere was miles better early season when they were shut. 

Although this may have been before Benny Hill took over, or was in his honeymoon period.

Anyway, get them shut or just keep either ESU or WSU open. I'd shut NSU.

That'll be my input.

There's a few guys around us who've said that they'll stop coming altogether if they close our stand (ESU).

I know that the atmosphere was good earlier in the season in the lower tiers but there was a novelty element then.

I could also understand it if one of ESU or WSU is closed in Div. 4, but IMO, once you're used to the view from above, that's where you wanna be.

Better class of neighbours too. 😁

Edited by Steejay

I don't buy in to the atmosphere thing, personally. We've had atmospheres both good and bad this season both with and without the upper tiers so I don't think it is something you can particularly quantify. You can, however, do the sums and I would suspect the club will lose more cash than they gain in closing the upper tiers.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I don't buy in to the atmosphere thing, personally. We've had atmospheres both good and bad this season both with and without the upper tiers so I don't think it is something you can particularly quantify. You can, however, do the sums and I would suspect the club will lose more cash than they gain in closing the upper tiers.

More to do with what goes on on the pitch

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I’m away for this consultation but I suspect that a course of action has already been decided. 

Moving me mid season is going to really piss me off. 

They’ve given me an email address for comments if people can’t make it.