Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not a fan of Hill but for me it would be unfair not to give him 10 games next season. 

Past the point now, he's had his chance with literally no pressure and managed to somehow get an expected relegation wrong. All whilst completely flapping and generally just being a nutter, he doesn't deserve the chance next season, if anything the next manager deserves the time this season to create a footballing philosophy around the place. 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not a fan of Hill but for me it would be unfair not to give him 10 games next season. 

And what happens if those ten are a disaster?

for me we only give him time if we believe he’s the right man for the job not for any other reason. Do you hand on heart believe he’s the right man to lead our club on our way back ?

2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Past the point now, he's had his chance with literally no pressure and managed to somehow get an expected relegation wrong. All whilst completely flapping and generally just being a nutter, he doesn't deserve the chance next season, if anything the next manager deserves the time this season to create a footballing philosophy around the place. 

Fair points, but still favouring him having a preseason and 10 games. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

for me we only give him time if we believe he’s the right man for the job not for any other reason. Do you hand on heart believe he’s the right man to lead our club on our way back ?

I don’t think he is but he might be, that’s why he gets 10 games for me, if it’s not happening then get a new face in. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t think he is but he might be, that’s why he gets 10 games for me, if it’s not happening then get a new face in. 

I just don’t think he is and I don’t see anything in that team that tells me he is. I think we use the time this season to bed a new guy in. But question is who the hell do we get. This could be make or break for us it really could get this wrong and we could be in really deep shit 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

See I don't get this give him 10 games thing, that's a possible 30 points, what if he starts the way he's looking likely to finish this? it's imperative we have a good start or we're looking down a barrel, and I don't think FV are financially capable of funding two sessons in division 4.

Just now, Escobarp said:

I just don’t think he is and I don’t see anything in that team that tells me he is. I think we use the time this season to bed a new guy in. But question is who the hell do we get. This could be make or break for us it really could get this wrong and we could be in really deep shit 

If we could get a copper bottomed quality manager I’d be in favour of changing but don’t see that being possible. 

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Give Nathan Jones a shot at it, worked wonders at Luton, OK not good enough in Championship, but plenty good enough for lower leagues.

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Give Nathan Jones a shot at it, worked wonders at Luton, OK not good enough in Championship, but plenty good enough for lower leagues.

I Would jump at the chance but can you see him coming to us in current state? If they sounded him out and he said yes I would chip in for his wages!!

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I Would jump at the chance but can you see him coming to us in current state? If they sounded him out and he said yes I would chip in for his wages!!

Well he's out of work and it would present him with a challenge, pay him what we're allowed to, but promise him a good bonus at seasons end performance related.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Anderson said:

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

8 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

See I don't get this give him 10 games thing, that's a possible 30 points, what if he starts the way he's looking likely to finish this? it's imperative we have a good start or we're looking down a barrel, and I don't think FV are financially capable of funding two sessons in division 4.

This, this and this.

But Jones was worse at Stoke than Hill has been here, arguably.  I know a Stoke S/T holder at work and he says nobody was played in their correct position (he was trying to shoe horn his squad into playing wing backs).  We've already had a decade of managers that can do that, we dont need another. And I said on here I wanted us to go for Jones about 18 months ago before he got out of our reach but I've changed my mind.  Mind you I used to rate Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson and Gary Bowyer, what do I know.

3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I know pity though, maybe Nathan Jones, Paul Heckingbotham or Paul Hurst might be more realistic.

Heckingbotham and Hurst, there's 2 more I used to rate!  Then PH signed and played Vela and I realised he was a bad judge.  Hurst terrible at Ipswich.  Managers that used to be good deserves its own thread.  

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Asked if he was frustrated by the errors, Hill added: “You always are. But sometimes you have got to ignore them.

“You make mistakes at home – you keep being told you are making them it takes you into a different place, you’re contemplating ‘why bother?’ “If you keep reminding players all the time about the mistakes they are making they are going to fear going out there. You want them to express themselves and make better decisions but if you keep on asking them it becomes false, it doesn’t encourage. You make them fear.

Worryingly yes he did.

Sounds like a PPism.

Just think he’s to outdated now with ideas what he probably has for our club, 2014 was when he got Rochdale last promoted & since then he was going down hill from then & eventually was going to take them back to league two before he got sacked. He’s doing all similar shit to what he did at Rochdale when he lost his head. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No danger about that, lives down south ain’t coming up here to manage us with no money and in league 2. 

It’s not completely out of the question going off this in January.

Basically says he’d consider taking a job in League Two to make it 1500 games as a manager.
He’s on 1488 though, so hardly something that would be seen as wise for the long term. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

But Jones was worse at Stoke than Hill has been here, arguably.  I know a Stoke S/T holder at work and he says nobody was played in their correct position (he was trying to shoe horn his squad into playing wing backs).  We've already had a decade of managers that can do that, we dont need another. And I said on here I wanted us to go for Jones about 18 months ago before he got out of our reach but I've changed my mind.  Mind you I used to rate Paul Lambert, Simon Grayson and Gary Bowyer, what do I know.

I still rate Gary Bowyer to be fair, been dealt some shit with the jobs he's taken on. Never should have taken the Blackburn job in the first place though, he had reservations from the beginning that came to be realised, then took what came with his further jobs at car crash clubs. 

Not that I'm saying I'd have him but he'd do more of a job than Hill.