Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

I just wish, instead of keep hearing we need to wear masks, that it is really hammered home that your nose must NOT dangle over the top of your mask.

The number of folk you see in supermarkets doing this is ridiculous. 

Need some sort of slogan. "Nose dangling over the top? Out you pop!"

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think it was understood by all but we didn’t act because we didn’t even have enough PPE for hospital staff.  

How about "can everyone stay at home and stop spreading the disease whilst we put all our efforts into getting the PPE we need in place"

• Moderators
2 hours ago, royal white said:

Yes I’d go with most of that, lockdown was a big factor yet most other European countries who had stronger lockdowns are also seeing massive corona deaths. Obviously lockdowns through the majority of Europe Weren’t strong enough and lifted to early. I suspect the majority of European leaders (probably rightly so) thought there would be no chance of their people adhering to a  China style lockdown. Hence the shit storm we are in. 

I don't know for sure as i don't live there but lockdowns in France, Spain and Italy seemed stricter 

Think it was France where the police were out on the streets issuing fines if you strayed too far from home (on foot) 

Seems the countries with the most relaxed lockdowns are suffering most - UK, US, Brazil (not even sure they bothered) 

The ones with strictest are cracking on now   

If Australia and NZ can do it, so can Europe

11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't know for sure as i don't live there but lockdowns in France, Spain and Italy seemed stricter 

Think it was France where the police were out on the streets issuing fines if you strayed too far from home (on foot) 

Seems the countries with the most relaxed lockdowns are suffering most - UK, US, Brazil (not even sure they bothered) 

Despite ever seemed stricter lock downs these 3 counties aren’t a million miles away from our death rates and all have lower density of population which is in their favour, if you could take away the care home fuck up then I would guess we would be behind all 3 for death rates. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Reasonable general assessment that.

Personally, I'm not sure we have a society which would have tolerated such strict rules, but we'll never know.

I guess memories may create a different atmosphere and attitude if another similar event occurs in the future- which according to one bod yesterday, will happen. 

• Moderators
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

These 3 counties aren’t a million miles away from our death rates and all have lower density of population, if you could take away the care home fuck up then I would guess we would be behind all 3 for death rates. 

Yeah but what about the Mediterranean lifestyle? 

Those countries have care homes too 

There was one in Spain where the workers fucked off and left them to die 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-52014023

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Yet they have very similar death rates and cases per 1 mill as us. 

Probably their biggest mistake was opening to soon to tourists. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yet they have very similar death rates and cases per 1 mill as us. 

Probably their biggest mistake was opening to soon to tourists. 

We had a couple of weeks head start on them as well to see what was coming, a lot of people die in two weeks

• Members
39 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I just wish, instead of keep hearing we need to wear masks, that it is really hammered home that your nose must NOT dangle over the top of your mask.

The number of folk you see in supermarkets doing this is ridiculous. 

Need some sort of slogan. "Nose dangling over the top? Out you pop!"

Guy was offered a mask to wear in Asda and he said nah I’m exempt and walked on his kid said are you dad ? He said am I shite, load of nonsense.

Some people just don’t care and I for one will be setting up a migrant exchange programme, can’t wear a mask you get swapped for a law abiding  Johnny Foreigner whos wanting to grace these shores

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Despite ever seemed stricter lock downs these 3 counties aren’t a million miles away from our death rates and all have lower density of population which is in their favour, if you could take away the care home fuck up then I would guess we would be behind all 3 for death rates. 

Proper investigation and facts will come out later.

For the moment, it doesn't seem acceptable to dig into the data and try to analyse whats gone on, and why.

Early on in the pandemic, Italy had terrible death rates in its older folk- attributed to multi-generational households as the old folk often stay with the rest of the family.

Maybe a different approach here, but we still had the same difficulties in protecting them.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Guy was offered a mask to wear in Asda and he said nah I’m exempt and walked on his kid said are you dad ? He said am I shite, load of nonsense.

Some people just don’t care and I for one will be setting up a migrant exchange programme, can’t wear a mask you get swapped for a law abiding  Johnny Foreigner whos wanting to grace these shores

What did security do?

Bearing in mind they have to balance physical and mental health, economy (there needs to be one at the end of this), education, world wide relationships, too large a percentage of population who won’t comply, pressure from virtue signallers, shit stirring media, opportunist opposing politicians etc etc, and are dealing with a new phenomenon which no one alive today has had to deal with before, I think they could have done a lot worse on the whole. They’ve had the courage to make difficult decisions and be flexible enough to adapt and change their view as things progress (or make u turns if you want to be cynical). 

I think it was a big mistake leaving the south east to live the life of Riley for so long and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what’s behind the current wave rather than a new strain being the main cause, but we’ll never know. 

Its easy to express critical opinion without having to make decisions. 

• Members

Latest Covid conspiracy

This is the start of a plan to wipe out 25% of the world’s population 

So call it 2bn people. 

So I asked why?

So they can have a world reset? 

For what?

So banks can have a fresh start

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

15 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Latest Covid conspiracy

This is the start of a plan to wipe out 25% of the world’s population