Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

The over 50s aren’t immune to being dickheads too

Sure, but they are generally following the rules.

Is my observation 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

This is the key point.

There are very few new cases in certain areas:

Northumberland.

parts of Spain.

The people there have followed the protocols, worn masks and generally behaved. Which means the virus is struggling.

But we need to keep going with that approach or it all falls to pieces.

We’re 3 up with 10 minutes to play. We don’t all walk off the pitch and have a shower do we?

I think it is good that those of us from 'hot spots' go and infect those that have followed the rules.

That'll learn em.

How very dare they lead by example.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

I think it is good that those of us from 'hot spots' go and infect those that have followed the rules.

That'll learn em.

How very dare they lead by example.

Found a tick on one of the dogs yesterday. Rang a local vets and arranged to collect a removal tool. Upon arrival, as requested we rang them to say we'd arrived.

A quick chat and they also suggested they supply a tablet for each of the dogs to protect them. This however requires a registration which involves supplying my address.

Fuck me; the lass came out and wouldn't come within about 4 or 5 yards of us. Dropped the bag on the floor of the car park and fucked off rapid.

Covid ridden sassenach.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Found a tick on one of the dogs yesterday. Rang a local vets and arranged to collect a removal tool. Upon arrival, as requested we rang them to say we'd arrived.

A quick chat and they also suggested they supply a tablet for each of the dogs to protect them. This however requires a registration which involves supplying my address.

Fuck me; the lass came out and wouldn't come within about 4 or 5 yards of us. Dropped the bag on the floor of the car park and fucked off rapid.

Covid ridden sassenach.

shit like this boils my piss.

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Covid ridden sassenach.

Took our dog to emergency vet at armac last Sunday, I had to hook his lead onto clip and go and sit in the corner whilst they collected him 

then the vet in the next room rings my mobile to talk about his findings then he’s returned to his hook 

just so ott 

• Site Supporter

My missus is a vet nurse.

They don’t want to do what they are doing any more than the customers do.

They are having to follow strict protocols issued by the RVC and if they are caught breaking them they will be closed down.

Dont blame the poor fuckers who work there, they’re suffering enough. So are their fucking husbands who had nothing to do with it, ok?

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

My missus is a vet nurse.

They don’t want to do what they are doing any more than the customers do.

They are having to follow strict protocols issued by the RVC and if they are caught breaking them they will be closed down.

Dont blame the poor fuckers who work there, they’re suffering enough. So are their fucking husbands who had nothing to do with it, ok?

Calm down Rambo 😂🐕

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Then the cheeky cunts billed me £195 for a 10min appointment and a course of antibiotics

in the wrong job  

Standard that.

They do train for 7 years you know. It’s not like they just show up one day and know how to prescribe paracetamol 😁

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Explains why Spider is on here 24/7.....he's a kept man now.

Goldmines pal 

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Standard that.

They do train for 7 years you know. It’s not like they just show up one day and know how to prescribe paracetamol 😁

wouldn’t mind but I didn’t see the bloody vet just some night shift receptionist who told me to sit in the corner like I was diseased 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Goldmines pal 

wouldn’t mind but I didn’t see the bloody vet just some night shift receptionist who told me to sit in the corner like I was diseased 

HBWHT?

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Took our dog to emergency vet at armac last Sunday, I had to hook his lead onto clip and go and sit in the corner whilst they collected him 

then the vet in the next room rings my mobile to talk about his findings then he’s returned to his hook 

just so ott 

Aye. Been to ours (Beech house) a couple of times. One of them had a gastric illness and fever. Vets come out and take dog off you or bring medicine out. No problem with it.

Just made me laugh today, other staff were happy to speak to folk at a reasonable distance, whereas this lass seemed scared shitless.

Me and wife with a dog pinned to the floor doing very minor procedure in vet car park. All a bit surreal.

3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

was in the TWA Dogs, but frequented a few in Keswick, the majority are Jennings, oddfellows, Dog & Gun, George Hotel.

Will PM you nearer the time but we are booked into Ambleside on the Saturday of August Bank Holiday weekend and then moving on to Keswick on the Sunday to do Catbells so will be looking for Keswick recommendations 👍

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

9 deaths today, thats 1 every 110 Hospitals, Infections at 1 every 2 hospitals, Hospitals are busy as fuck and run off their feet, some perspective needed.

New cases nearing a thousand, that’s creeping up consistently