Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

Southend fans didn't rate him, he inherited a decent squad from Phil Brown and messed it up, he's apparently too nice and wasn't a patch on Phil Brown.

I'm glad someone else agrees with me.  Where this "Chris Powell has a decent track record" has come from I've no idea.  Great bloke but he's just not the man to come into BWFC and set down a plan and implement it and give us an identity.  This isnt about going into let's say a Rotherham or Luton where even if they've struggled in a higher league they will have a structure and squad in place to bounce back.  Powell (and others) could probably go there and get a promotion on their CV and look great.  You need more than that to come to us under an embargo, create a team and style of play and deal with financial issues.  Needs a proper manager for this not a coach or assistant manager.  Nigel Adkins most definitely the best candidate of the 'experienced/available' but I'd be happy with Evatt.

I was all for Lowe and would still be happy if we got him but I must say I’m impressed with Evatt after watching that video, could be a younger version of Dyche and it’s possible he’s the sort of young up and coming manager who could get fans and players pulling together and deliver a couple of back to back promotions.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

He couldn't cut it the pub league.

He signed Vela and Doidge for Hibs...mmm.  Although he signed Kiefer Moore and Ollie McBurnie for Barnsley which made them a tidy profit, and got them promoted from Div 1 and to halfway in Championship when he left for Leeds.  Only given 3 months at Leeds so unfair to judge that with no transfer window etc. I'm not really interested in what he did in Scotland, same with so many other managers up there, it doesnt count for much as its such a wierd league. 

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Sol loves The sausage. He’s a no from me. Not because he’s a sausage jockey but because he’s a twat and wouldn’t fit our club. 

the fact Paul heckinbottoms interest in the job has been leaked by someone tells me he’s being considered. to my Knowledge he’s the only one who has been confirmed as having applied/thrown his hat in the ring so why would that be the case? 

didn’t do well at Hibs but I quite like the guy. Controversial I know. 

anyway it’s evatt‘s job if he wants it. 

Steven Reid said he'd applied, I forgot who confirmed it but it but someone did.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Lee getting an interview is just for you steejay 😀

Massive mistake if he gets it.

Grey/Rudy combo would be better.

I still think he’ll get potted.