Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

A couple on here today. Knee jerk reaction.

It won't happen, FV wont make an appointment that will divide or alienate fans, they will want them onside straight away, no baggage and fresh start job.

Nah not happening 

It would go down worse than Megsons appointment 

I just really feel that this of all seasons we need to hit it with everyone onside, buzzing and ready for war. Not getting bogged down turning on eachother and the club again day after day. Unfortunately that's what appointing Campbell would do, rightly or wrongly.

Every single head and every single voice is crucial next season home and away.

41 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What’s he done kept Macclesfield up? 

Nearly bankrupted them, on c£10k a week and is owed a hell of a lot by Macc.  Not sure how they agreed to pay him that much, when they get such small gates.

done terrible at southend and he brought Andy Cole in on the coaching side (so god knows what the 2 of them were on)

so it’s a no from me

Just now, marple whites said:

Nearly bankrupted them, on c£10k a week and is owed a hell of a lot by Macc.  Not sure how they agreed to pay him that much, when they get such small gates.

done terrible at southend and he brought Andy Cole in on the coaching side (so god knows what the 2 of them were on)

so it’s a no from me

10k blimey that’s madness at that level what did they pull 2500/3?

One of my customers is a big sponsor of Maccs, the owner is a right loon and just wants to sell, but thinks he should be getting millions for it!!

when he left Campbell was owed over a £100k and pretty sure average crowds were c 2000

Edited by marple whites

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What’s he done kept Macclesfield up? 

To be fair I bet Stevenage and Notts County wish they'd appointed him in the last 18 months.  Not wanting him is based on him being a bit of a dick rather than his results at 2 struggling clubs.

Two points on Campbell:

1) It would seem like a "who you know" rather than a "what you know" appointment, which wouldn't sit right with fans. That doesn't make it any better of an excuse to choose not to go to games.

2) FV want promotion and Campbell only has experience in relegation situations, which I think would move him down the list considerably.

Also I think he's contracted to Southend till the end of 21-22 season so he'd also require compensation, maybe less but if you're paying anyway, go for Lowe or Evatt surely.

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

To be fair I bet Stevenage and Notts County wish they'd appointed him in the last 18 months.  Not wanting him is based on him being a bit of a dick rather than his results at 2 struggling clubs.

He did a good job at Macclesfield kept them in the football league but are they the credentials of someone we need to push on

as for Southend it was a horror show finished 5 points above a team who had to start on -12

he did however go one better than chino and that was getting beat 7-1 at HOME to donny (ok his first game will cut him some slack)

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Notts County have definitely seen enough of Sol after his 1 game stint with them under Sven. He signed a 5 year deal there, fucking hell!

I don't think FV will make the decision. Why appoint Toby as D Of F and then overrule him? If a new manager gets off to a good start he will win the fans over, whoever he is. Reverse applies of course; all fans are fickle. I will be satisfied if we finish mid table and delighted if we do better  than that. Relegation is the nightmare scenario.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Apparently Sol Campbell has had fook all contact with his players since lockdown, no zoom or phone calls, that doesn't sound like a good man manager at all.

Me me me me me...

• Moderators

If we go down the "moneyball" route would be happy with Beale with his background

If we go down the manager route would be happy with Lowe

Everyone else, neither here nor there

Except Campbell, would be massively disappointed

But if i didn't make it to a game it wouldn't be his fault