Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Just now, DazBob said:

Fair play. Nobody should have a problem with anyone with that sort of attitude.

Problem is folk would have an issue. I have a black woman in my team at work (proves I’m not racist) (32c I reckon) and I would never ever even think to talk about her colour or even see it as a defining factor She’s just one of the team. But if I ever did use the term I’m sure she wouldn’t be offended but no doubt I would get sacked if reported

• Members
53 minutes ago, royal white said:

Thought it was 👍 it wasn’t long back when there were 2 x black women on (I think) question time arguing with each other on what they can and can’t be called, if they couldn’t agree them Us honkeys are fucked! 

I’ve said it before take colour out of referring to anyone and the better off we’ll all be

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I’ve said it before take colour out of referring to anyone and the better off we’ll all be

I like the sound of that.  I think I've pointed out a problem previously in describing offenders, a  description has got to be given.

• Members
Just now, Alf Hartigan said:

I like the sound of that.  I think I've pointed out a problem previously in describing offenders, a  description has got to be given.

I mean I get it over the police Radio, you can’t just say “be on the lookout for a Human in cowboy boots seen stalking a Russian woman in the park” 

But news headlines 

Black Man killed by white police officer

It promotes racial tension 

Robbery Suspect killed by police officer, and in other news man from Leicester grows worlds largest marrow.

It’s a bad crime, but it’s not a racial story. 

Someone at work once asked me if I like to be called black or mixed race or coloured, I said I prefer to be called my name, I wasn’t being arsey I was just saying you don’t need to be concerned what to refer to me as other than my name because it doesn’t matter 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I mean I get it over the police Radio, you can’t just say “be on the lookout for a Human in cowboy boots seen stalking a Russian woman in the park” 

But news headlines 

Black Man killed by white police officer

It promotes racial tension 

Robbery Suspect killed by police officer, and in other news man from Leicester grows worlds largest marrow.

It’s a bad crime, but it’s not a racial story. 

Someone at work once asked me if I like to be called black or mixed race or coloured, I said I prefer to be called my name, I wasn’t being arsey I was just saying you don’t need to be concerned what to refer to me as other than my name because it doesn’t matter 

That would never happen 🤣

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I got pulled up today for saying someone looked 'Oriental' 🤷‍♂️

I got pulled last year when I was down in the office. I referred to someone as “the oriental bloke who sits opposite our business information manager”

Apparently the term “oriental” can only refer to an inanimate object such as food, furniture, etc according to our HR dept

You genuinely try your best not to be be offensive. Every day is a school day these days.....

Part of the problem regarding the "coloured" terminology is that over the years, we have been constantly told to use one phrase and then another etc.

I wouldn't have thought "coloured" was derogatory, but then again I'm not of colour.

To be fair, the term coloured has been seen as derogatory for a long, long while. The issue being its a term used to lump every type of 'otherness' together, aside from being white. Its a type of non-differencial homogeny and that can lead to stereotyping. So, yes its not something a chairperson of the FA can say to a select committee, especially given the work the FA is doing to tackle the issues in lack of diversity. Couple this with saying Asian people prefer IT, which you'd call profiling, that the inability of a gay footballer to be out of the closet a lifestyle choice and then the cherry on outdated musings, that girls don't like to be hit by footballs for fucks sake! Its the perfect P45 package.

None of these things should need taking apart or pointing out where the issues with them are, and especially if you head up an institution like the FA. Incredible really.

• Members
8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

I got pulled last year when I was down in the office. I referred to someone as “the oriental bloke who sits opposite our business information manager”

Apparently the term “oriental” can only refer to an inanimate object such as food, furniture, etc according to our HR dept

You genuinely try your best not to be be offensive. Every day is a school day these days.....

You occidental bastard!

It's a fucking mad world. Thanks the PC wankers who made it all possible.

It's something I'd expect a old person to use to describe someone tbh. Sounded like he was going for the full house with the rest of the stuff he was saying. It was hardly going to go unnoticed as the chairman of the FA on a live stream to parliament :lol:. Slightly disappointed he made no mention of the stumps and spastics.

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

Seems perfectly reasonable. That was kind of my point in the Kamala Harris thread, the media often seem to refer to her as “mixed race” or “non white” what does it matter what race or colour she is? She’s a person.

• Site Supporter

Coloured guy - unacceptable 

Person of colour - acceptable 

Strange that.

Further to the word Oriental being acceptable or not, is the word Asian acceptable when used to describe a person from, particularly, the Indian sub-continent? I often use the term Asian to save face when failing to identify a person as Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Goan, etc. So it’s used specifically so I don’t label someone with wrong geographical area.  Asia as a continent covers 30% of the land mass on Earth. 

Edited by MickyD
Fat thumbs

1 hour ago, deane koontz said:

It's something I'd expect a old person to use to describe someone tbh. Sounded like he was going for the full house with the rest of the stuff he was saying. It was hardly going to go unnoticed as the chairman of the FA on a live stream to parliament ::lol::. Slightly disappointed he made no mention of the stumps and spastics.

I don’t think they employ spazzes or flids at the fa that’s  why mate