Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

DOGS REET

crawshawbooth

Just wobbled back from pub after finding the 4th person i know has given up their less than 1 year old pup

all these pups were wanted and probably cost silly money WTF

given that a lot of us have the time right now to produce a good one

mine is ultimate pub dog so that makes me a t..t for posting this 

Fuckin pisses me right off the when folk think they can just decide they don't feel like having a dog after "giving it a go" FFS. Had an argument with a mate of a mate once because him and his Mrs decided to send his 2 year old spaniel to the shelter after having a baby as "it was a bit too much" only to get another pup 12 months later. Well you should of thought about your life plans before having either the first dog or fucking kid. As I said to him, you're all that dog has ever known, your his family, you can't just flippantly decide its not convenient for you. And then to decide you want another, cunts trick if you ask me. 

Sorry for the rant, but it is a pet hate of mine. (bad pun intended) 

3 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Think you're trying to say that some folk you know have given up their dogs?  I could never give up my dog, would rather get rid of my Mrs first.

😁 Amen to that. Mines mad as a box of frogs when out, only the other day up Belmont way she caught the scent of summert and fucked off for 20 mins, came back covered head to toe in all manner of shite. Fucking mental but wouldn't change her for the world. Dogs are ace, prefer them to most people to be honest. 

24 minutes ago, boogs said:

Fuckin pisses me right off the when folk think they can just decide they don't feel like having a dog after "giving it a go" FFS. Had an argument with a mate of a mate once because him and his Mrs decided to send his 2 year old spaniel to the shelter after having a baby as "it was a bit too much" only to get another pup 12 months later. Well you should of thought about your life plans before having either the first dog or fucking kid. As I said to him, you're all that dog has ever known, your his family, you can't just flippantly decide its not convenient for you. And then to decide you want another, cunts trick if you ask me. 

Sorry for the rant, but it is a pet hate of mine. (bad pun intended) 

that is the point of my post

i cant explain how f....in angry it makes me because as you say its family , the dog does not know owt else

all these owners i would [before this] think of as normal intelligent people

not any more

c....ts

• Members

My dog is my best froend

we have a new pup and he’s great but it’s made me appreciate the older one so much more. Took him to the pub with me the other day, met my mate, dog had a bowl of water and sat there with us, walked all the way home, I saw the wife had a chat with her before she went to bed, dog was by my side the entire side, sat outside with the chickens and the pup on my lap and the old timer just roaming the garden. 
It honestly wouldn’t be the same without him, I could not imagine ever giving them up absolutely no chance 

• Site Supporter

Love my hound to bits, I’d hate to be without her.

People get dogs on a whim, don’t think about what they’ll do with them during the day while they are out at work, how much exercise do they need, what is their personality generally like for breed of dog etc.

its a big decision. Tailor it to your lifestyle. It’s a 12 - 15 year commitment, get it right and the benefits are fantastic

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

My dog is my best froend

we have a new pup and he’s great but it’s made me appreciate the older one so much more. Took him to the pub with me the other day, met my mate, dog had a bowl of water and sat there with us, walked all the way home, I saw the wife had a chat with her before she went to bed, dog was by my side the entire side, sat outside with the chickens and the pup on my lap and the old timer just roaming the garden. 
It honestly wouldn’t be the same without him, I could not imagine ever giving them up absolutely no chance 

all those books and tv shows as a kid the dog was called shadow .never understood why

my girl just follows me from room to room especially in lockdown

cant even go for a dump on my own 😅

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

My dog is my best froend

If I could change one thing about mine, it would be that she could stay in the pub for longer 😁 I always say I have a 2 pint limit with her and then she wants to be on the move again. Wander home with her and she'll just curl up and sleep. Find myself saying to her "you could of fucking done that in there while I had another 2 or 3!!"

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Blondi said:

I could never give up my dog, would rather get rid of my Mrs first.

29 minutes ago, boogs said:

😁 Amen to that. Mines mad as a box of frogs when out, only the other day up Belmont way she caught the scent of summert and fucked off for 20 mins, came back covered head to toe in all manner of shite. Fucking mental but wouldn't change her for the world. Dogs are ace, prefer them to most people to be honest. 

I’ve got this vision of your missus being mad as a box of frogs, fucking off for 20 minutes and returning covered in shit. 

what does your dog do while Mrs Boots is galavanting across Belmont Moors?

1 minute ago, boogs said:

If I could change one thing about mine, it would be that she could stay in the pub for longer 😁 I always say I have a 2 pint limit with her and then she wants to be on the move again. Wander home with her and she'll just curl up and sleep. Find myself saying to her "you could of fucking done that in there while I had another 2 or 3!!"

i am being a proper smug bastard here but my lass would do 7 hours easy in the pub without a grunt

as long as biscuits n pies turned up occasionally

when i get up to go i always hear ..never knew there was a dog in !!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, boogs said:

Our dog is usually like that but had the enemy with me today, the dog was happy to let me have 5 pints with her mam being their. Fair trade off

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I’ve got this vision of your missus being mad as a box of frogs, fucking off for 20 minutes and returning covered in shit. 

what does your dog do while Mrs Boots is galavanting across Belmont Moors?

If Mrs boogs was galavanting the moors I wouldn't of been ankle deep in said shit looking for her. She knows her way home 😀

4 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

i am being a proper smug bastard here but my lass would do 7 hours easy in the pub without a grunt

as long as biscuits n pies turned up occasionally

when i get up to go i always hear ..never knew there was a dog in !!

When I need to pull out the big guns I take a pigs ear for her. Can usually stretch it to 3 then. 

• Site Supporter

You are all twats. My dog is a cunt. He wont mix with anyone man or beast. He barks like fuck if anyone comes to the house and will probably bite if let out of his cage as he is defending us for no reason. Yet he is like my shadow and cries like fuck if I am not about.

Cost me nearly £2k on vets not long ago but there is no way I would give him up, he is one of the family.

11 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

took ours down with a lump on lockdown

just stuck a needle in and got some fatty cells out

told to monitor it .......£35 for peace of mind

Yeah I read something about fatty lumps and that in Labradors are very common (ours is 9 this year), will book him in this week 

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yeah I read something about fatty lumps and that in Labradors are very common (ours is 9 this year), will book him in this week 

mine is a lab/ springer cross so i do expect fatty lumps but they are usually benign 

just have to check them out though

looking like a nice day , so a good walk around bromley cross and in the pub by 2 PM

16 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

mine is a lab/ springer cross so i do expect fatty lumps but they are usually benign 

just have to check them out though

looking like a nice day , so a good walk around bromley cross and in the pub by 2 PM

Aye peace of mind 

excellent plan today🍺👍

12 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Talking of vets need to book ours in, got a lump on his side which is getting bigger 

Mine had 3 lumps come up last year one blowed  up like a golf ball got them tested two came back as fatty tissue one was a maskel tumour the golf ball size one  vet recommended for it to be removed soon as . Had no insurance at the time cost 1500 pound in total with testing of the lumps operation biopsy of the tumour to make sure they got it all and antibiotics and after care . Dog was fine next day running around like nothing happened. 

15 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Mine had 3 lumps come up last year one blowed  up like a golf ball got them tested two came back as fatty tissue one was a maskel tumour the golf ball size one  vet recommended for it to be removed soon as . Had no insurance at the time cost 1500 pound in total with testing of the lumps operation biopsy of the tumour to make sure they got it all and antibiotics and after care . Dog was fine next day running around like nothing happened. 

That’s what the Mrs is worried about it being a tumour, had in insurance in place since day one so if the worst no hefty bill