Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)

Rudy

24 minutes ago, famouswanderer said:

Darcy and Gilks absolutely must start Tuesday.

In all honesty that statement could have been said after the first game in the case of Darcy, nobody seriously thought IE was right to ignore him? (he wasnt even on the bench initially).  The most frustrating thing with IE is how long it takes him to see the bleedin obvious. On Gilkes, I've never seen him play, I'm just relying on the fact that he's had a proven career, if he's no longer upto it then he simply shouldnt have been signed.

I thought we had learned, but no... we handed it to them on a plate by trying to play the tippy toe from the back on a heavy pitch AND away from home and guess what? first touch in defence and we're under a pen with a goalie lucky to still be on the park. Pathetic management in my opinion.

Going to check the team sheet before investing my tenner on Tuesday, if two certain players are starting i won't bother.

27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The free kicks are rash, and nervous, some of the stuff is his bread and butter and he knows he should be doing better.

If you pull him out what does that do to his confidence?

Pen Save against Bradford I thought it would do him a world of good, then he saves another and I thought right he’s turning a corner mentally but the simple stuff he’s not getting right. 

The penalty saves are majorly covering the absolute shite he comes up with in matches 

It’s like a striker scoring a 30 yarder but missing 4 sitters. What’s the point. 

id rather a keeper do the basics and not save penalties 

6 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

The penalty saves are majorly covering the absolute shite he comes up with in matches 

It’s like a striker scoring a 30 yarder but missing 4 sitters. What’s the point. 

id rather a keeper do the basics and not save penalties 

I don’t think they are covering it up, I’d be surprised if any BWFC fan wants Crellin in goal next game. 

Sorry if it's been mentioned previously but can't be arsed wading through 18 pages of comments. I may be wrong but is it only the second home win in 22 games for Orient? Also their first clean sheet in 37 years ?? 

I'm a tad f***ed off tonight despite having 17 shots and 56% possesion. To get beat 4-0 with those stats is fucking borderline criminal.

2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Sadly that's probably true. And I feel for the lad. Just not ready at this level yet - and we could completely shatter his career if we're not careful!

Agree mate. He's been thrown in at the deep end. 

For me, evidence that telling a young goalkeeper to 'man up' only makes things worse. Dick move from Evatt.

52 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Don't want to spoil your narrative but didn't their keeper save from Crawford near the end.

Too little I know.

Maybe, I was looking at the floor by then.

It’s not my narrative as such though, it was on iFollow after the game, so you’re probably right.  1 doesn’t change much though as you say 

35 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

In all honesty that statement could have been said after the first game in the case of Darcy, nobody seriously thought IE was right to ignore him? (he wasnt even on the bench initially).  The most frustrating thing with IE is how long it takes him to see the bleedin obvious. On Gilkes, I've never seen him play, I'm just relying on the fact that he's had a proven career, if he's no longer upto it then he simply shouldnt have been signed.

Gilkes was brought in for the coaching staff think they only registered him in case of an emergency . Which were probably in 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I defended Crellin after Cambridge, stated he deserved another chance, but from what I've seen overall, the fucker can't catch a ball and he's shit at punching it, in fact the fucker is all round dog shit!

Either replace him with Alexander or Gilkes, or get a free agent in.

Lee Camp, Ben Alnwick and Luke Steele are all goalkeepers without a club. Anyone of these is an upgrade on Billy Casper, to compare him to Billy the Fish is an insult to Billy The Fish.

Do we have space in the squad to register another keeper? Or would we have to send Crellin back first/unregister/release someone else?

In all seriousness, could Alexander or Gilks actually do any worse? Is Alexander on such a low level and is Gilks that old? If so that's really poor recruitment.

Feel harsh criticising goalkeepers for free kicks. But he's made plenty of other mistakes this season.