Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prison

wanderer1984

Anyone on here ever been sent down or sweating on the verdict only to be cleared?

I was wrongly found guilty 18 years ago... Robbery. 200 hours community service and £620 costs. All for been in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Was caught on cctv with some lads I used to hang around with 30 mins before they robbed a shop.

Luckily no one was hurt. I still think to this day how wrong things like this can go... Ending in a fatality or serious injury and strangely how lucky I was nothing serious happened.

Imagine that... Spending time in prison for something you didn't do or wasn't involved with.

• Site Supporter

A criminal record won't prevent someone from becoming a teacher, puts barriers in the way, but doesn't mean you can't.

Not prison wise but once got accused of getting a 19 year old girl pregnant, Dad came wading into the bar and dragged me out, thankfully calmed down instantly when I told him I'd not touched his daughter, (saved saying that I wouldn't have).

12 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

A criminal record won't prevent someone from becoming a teacher, puts barriers in the way, but doesn't mean you can't.

Not prison wise but once got accused of getting a 19 year old girl pregnant, Dad came wading into the bar and dragged me out, thankfully calmed down instantly when I told him I'd not touched his daughter, (saved saying that I wouldn't have).

How old were you at the time.. Same age as the girl or? 

Edited by wanderer1984

13 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Will have been 20 21 ish, 

nothing untowards, not my type, but i'd been chatting to her a few weeks when she was pissed, must have made a good impression, 

Reminds me of time when I was on holiday... Was about 12 and this kids dad came raging into the holiday parks play ground shouting and screaming at me... Accusing me of beating up his child. 

Thought he was going to batter me until my brother stepped in a defused the situation.

• Members
1 minute ago, wanderer1984 said:

Reminds me of time when I was on holiday... Was about 12 and this kids dad came raging into the holiday parks play ground shouting and screaming at me... Accusing me of beating up his child. 

Thought he was going to batter me until my brother stepped in a defused the situation.

You’re either Tommeh Robinson or Mac from always sunny

1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

Anyone on here ever been sent down or sweating on the verdict only to be cleared?

I was wrongly found guilty 18 years ago... Robbery. 200 hours community service and £620 costs. All for been in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Was caught on cctv with some lads I used to hang around with 30 mins before they robbed a shop.

Luckily no one was hurt. I still think to this day how wrong things like this can go... Ending in a fatality or serious injury and strangely how lucky I was nothing serious happened.

Imagine that... Spending time in prison for something you didn't do or wasn't involved with.

5 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

Would it be safe to say trouble follows you around?

I got pulled in for a rape on Leigh bus station when I was about 20. Wasnt me obviously and the lad was found and charged/jailed 

worst thing was I came to the polices attention as they posted an e-fit of the rapist on Granada news and several people rang in and said it was me!!
talk about people you know thinking the worst of you eh. 

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

not prison wise but once got accused of getting a 19 year old girl pregnant, Dad came wading into the bar and dragged me out, thankfully calmed down instantly when I told him I'd not touched his daughter, (saved saying that I wouldn't have).

Well, that all sounds like it was resolved easy enough

"YOU'VE GOT MY DAUGHTER PREGNANT IM GOING TO KILL YOU"

"I've not"

"Oh, ok, sorry mate, thought you had"

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Well, that all sounds like it was resolved easy enough

"I've not"

"Oh, ok, sorry mate, thought you had"

Did involve a lot more than that, it's like an abridged version of the story, and a lot of explaining. 

Basically she knew when she had been knocked up, just couldn't remember who the bloke was, and had been chatting away to me for about 2 hours, then when she realised she wasn't getting anywhere, totted off. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

You could say that... I never actively go looking for it. If it turns up though, I'm prepared to defend myself.

I try my best to walk away from it, simply not worth it. 

Too many pillocks with blades who hold a grudge 

22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I got pulled in for a rape on Leigh bus station when I was about 20. Wasnt me obviously and the lad was found and charged/jailed 

worst thing was I came to the polices attention as they posted an e-fit of the rapist on Granada news and several people rang in and said it was me!!
talk about people you know thinking the worst of you eh. 

That's a terrible thing to go through. But to be fair if I knew someone who committed a crime of that nature... I'd dob them in. Especially if they fit the e-fit.

Edited by wanderer1984

2 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I got a not guilty at Crown Court when i was not guilty, but the time waiting for it to come to court was hard going......a guilty verdict would have meant a year or two away.

It's something I'd never wish on anyone. Completely out of your hands... Hoping for the correct outcome. Glad you got yours.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Did involve a lot more than that, it's like an abridged version of the story, and a lot of explaining. 

Basically she knew when she had been knocked up, just couldn't remember who the bloke was, and had been chatting away to me for about 2 hours, then when she realised she wasn't getting anywhere, totted off. 

"Are you fucking joking? Look at her, i wouldn't touch her with yours"

"Good point, well made, don't suppose you know who did?"

Edited by ZicoKelly