Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

M.O. -pissing- T

Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Should just get one like mine keep the tax for spending 😁

CUNT!!!! 😡😂

You can fuck off an all Rudy with your fancy Tesla. I am stuck with a Passat Estate ffs!

To be fair to the barge, it is a very nice drive with more grip I ever thought a car like this would have. It also has the best satnav I have ever used, it is quiet, comfortable and has enough grunt for the school run which it only ever does these days. It is also economical, has great LED lights and has a boot the size of Dorset.

I do however prefer a car that doesn't favver a hearse. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

CUNT!!!! 😡😂

You can fuck off an all Rudy with your fancy Tesla. I am stuck with a Passat Estate ffs!

To be fair to the barge, it is a very nice drive with more grip I ever thought a car like this would have. It also has the best satnav I have ever used, it is quiet, comfortable and has enough grunt for the school run which it only ever does these days. It is also economical, has great LED lights and has a boot the size of Dorset.

Haha sorry mate I love cars and I never thought I’d get an electric never mind fully automatic 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The Japanese Mercedes 

I once bought the missus a Lexus RX when I was contracting a making silly money.

The salesman thought we were taking the piss looking to test drive a 2 year old car with a women in her 20s who had never driven an automatic before.

He was astounded when I said we would buy it. It was a bloody nice place to be but did about 15mpg half the time, far too small an engine in such a huge car. It had a playstation with screens in the headrests, pity the little un was 6 months old at the time!

11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

CUNT!!!! 😡😂

Passats are nice cars I’ve always liked them. 
electric is the future we know it’s coming it just needs all the manufacturers to get the tech developed and for the infrastructure for charging etc to get in place. It is loving forward but going to take a hell Of an investment. 

I will go electric asap once we develop one that can do the mileage I need. At present it isn’t there 

• Members
3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I once bought the missus a Lexus RX when I was contracting a making silly money.

The salesman thought we were taking the piss looking to test drive a 2 year old car with a women in her 20s who had never driven an automatic before.

He was astounded when I said we would buy it. It was a bloody nice place to be but did about 15mpg half the time, far too small an engine in such a huge car. It had a playstation with screens in the headrests, pity the little un was 6 months old at the time!

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

Way it is now pal. I am trying to steer my lad to look at being a spark or involved in renewable energy as that is the way we are going. 

I’ve never fancied a Lexus, even. Though I know they’re good cars.

My  best mate is a mechanic and he said the way cars are built now the mechanics of the car are becoming more simple and the diagnostics are electrical abs digital and being a spark with the way the car industry is going isn’t a bad shout 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Passats are nice cars I’ve always liked them. 
electric is the future we know it’s coming it just needs all the manufacturers to get the tech developed and for the infrastructure for charging etc to get in place. It is loving forward but going to take a hell Of an investment. 

I will go electric asap once we develop one that can do the mileage I need. At present it isn’t there 

Nah, had a girlfriend who had a Passat. She went back to academia with no perks.

3 hours ago, boogs said:

As good a place as any being a car based thread... 

Leaving my job this week so obviously handing the vehicle back that I get so will be carless until I get the one that comes with new job 2nd week in Jan. Thinking I could do with hiring a run around for a couple of weeks over crimbo, so, anybody any recommendations for car hire places?? Doesn't need to be owt fancy, just reasonably priced really.

I've never needed to hire before, had a quick look but feel like I've had an epileptic fit with all the options and bullshit the big company websites throw at you. 

Enterprise rent a car. 

Try the Bolton number off the website and press 4 on the options (I think). Hopefully get you through to the branch on Manchester Road and ask for Dan. He may do a deal. 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I’ve never fancied a Lexus, even. Though I know they’re good cars.

My  best mate is a mechanic and he said the way cars are built now the mechanics of the car are becoming more simple and the diagnostics are electrical abs digital and being a spark with the way the car industry is going isn’t a bad shout 

I've got to say the Lexus is THE most comfortable car I ever driven and I get the advantage of the electric motor at the low end take off

• Site Supporter

Our Corsa was struggling to start and keep going a couple of months ago. Burnetts said it was electrical and got it down to Jeffs for me. Turned out that there was a lot of cat hairs under the bonnet and one of the hairy arsed little fuckers had been sleeping under there and loosened some earth wires. £60 for motoring joy.

Burnetts didn't charge me for getting it down to Jeffs either, so hats off to both.

I now spray WD40 under the bonnet every so often so the little shit can't snooze without slipping off, (the cat, not Jeff).

19 hours ago, fatty said:

Enterprise rent a car. 

Try the Bolton number off the website and press 4 on the options (I think). Hopefully get you through to the branch on Manchester Road and ask for Dan. He may do a deal. 

Cheers for the reply mate, was going to try and speak to that Dan on Monday but as it happened my new employer rang me about another matter this aft and as we got talking the subject of vehicle came up. Long story short, they said they'll let me have my new vehicle from next week so I don't have that extra expense over Christmas. Nice touch by them I think. 

Cheers anyway mate 👍

1 hour ago, boogs said:

Cheers for the reply mate, was going to try and speak to that Dan on Monday but as it happened my new employer rang me about another matter this aft and as we got talking the subject of vehicle came up. Long story short, they said they'll let me have my new vehicle from next week so I don't have that extra expense over Christmas. Nice touch by them I think. 

Cheers anyway mate 👍

Welcome. Result though !

• Site Supporter
23 hours ago, Winchester White said:

CUNT!!!! 😡😂

Got a Passat tdi. 

Love it,can fit all carpet cleaning and leather repair stuff plus 2 kids and my wife.  Bleeding huge. 

It's been on limp mode for 6 months due to a broke wire, done 6k miles like that !