Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Beer Gardens

bolton_blondie

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Oh yeah it's nice red lion 

Lovely new decked area

bit of a mix rich types and folk from harwood trying to compete and then the peasants like myself😀

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Pendle Inn in barley. 

Went for a walk up there last lockdown and the beer garden looked lovely but I was driving so had to walk by looking longingly at the folk supping lovely pints. 

Stay overnight next time, they've got a few rooms there.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Guys thatched hamlet near Garstang is in a great spot next to the canal. 

Some fuckers got to drive though 😒 

Underwhelmed with the place when we went. Rooms dirty and dated, service and food piss poor.

7 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Sadly that’s a beer garden now. How many boozers do you know with an outside beer garden with views? Bluebell is a cracking pub IMO 

Theres a little beer garden at the back so no views either, as well as the tables out the front. Best spot for an al fresco drink round here is the Waterside by the canal. 

Just now, RoadRunnerFan said:

Theres a little beer garden at the back so no views either, as well as the tables out the front. Best spot for an al fresco drink round here is the Waterside by the canal. 

I used to frequent the bridgewater many a moon ago. My old man lived 5 mins walk from the bluebell so used to go in there when I was out with him. 

1 minute ago, Zico said:

About 10 min walk according to Google 

Nearest one to him is the Epsy, had a haggis burger in there, very nice it was too

Boathouse is full of Fanny in the summer (and fannys sadly). But it’s a decent spot. 2 or 3 good pubs round there. 

37 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Blundell is my favourite pub in Bolton for food. Used to take my mum there when we were able to 

Went a couple of times with Golden Gamble vouchers and enjoyed it. Went for Christmas Day the year before last though and didn’t particularly enjoy it, sadly. Staff were great but food wasn’t up to much.