Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

St Georges Day

embankment

• Members
6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Last Supper? A few bits of chapati?

I'd have a mixed kebab from Charcoal Pit, a chicken and mushroom Pot Noodle on Warbies, a fish barm, a can of vindaloo, three Mr Freeze Ice Pops (cola, raspberry and lemonade) and a whole box of After Eights.

And a Seekh Kebab sandwich.

Was this before or after he spent 9 hours taking a ring to a volcano with a bunch of midgets?

• 3 months later...
On 25/03/2021 at 06:57, embankment said:

24th March today.

The day the media are frightened of celebrating. 

It is our proud to be English day.

If my new flag had been delivered on time it would have been fluttering proudly above the new shed. A few years ago

Saxon released a live album recorded at The Ritz on this day.

Witnessed by my self and Ashburner St Market and Sputnik Stan.

We spent the afternoon in the Old Monkey and The Circus.  Surrounded by guys who had been to the St Georges day lunch at the Midland Hotel.

I for one will be raising a glass of traditional English stout Ale this evening. 

Thought it might be worth celebrating this threads 1st Birthday 😁

I'm on my way to Gibraltar dressed as a Crusader with a child's plastic sword and a packed lunch of gammon, pease pudding and trifle. To celebrate the birthday or sommat of a fictional Turk who slayed a fictional 'dragon'.

The plane got stopped in Bordeux as we got pissed up in the airport before departure then attacked a Moroccan family with our plastic swords on the plane.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Thought it might be worth celebrating this threads 1st Birthday 😁

At least you had the balls to do it not like the woke snowflake media who didn’t do a thing over fear of upsetting people 

55 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I'm on my way to Gibraltar dressed as a Crusader with a child's plastic sword and a packed lunch of gammon, pease pudding and trifle. To celebrate the birthday or sommat of a fictional Turk who slayed a fictional 'dragon'.

The plane got stopped in Bordeux as we got pissed up in the airport before departure then attacked a Moroccan family with our plastic swords on the plane.

It’s not St. George’s day.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

When you get back, don't forget to replace all those Greggs pasties you took out in your case.

All the illegals in your property portfolio will need feeding.

38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When you get back, don't forget to replace all those Greggs pasties you took out in your case.

All the illegals in your property portfolio will need feeding.

Property Portfolio? I've got my own drum and my dead parents' gaff.

Are you taking the day off to go and drink 0% beer in a 'spoons?

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Somehow missed this thread last year! 🙂

I've a vision of Embankment dressed in chain mail, wrapped in an England flag and tooting a hooting horn outside his house and getting annoyed that nobody else is getting involved with the patriotism! 🙂

It's un-English making a fuss, even the Taffs show quiet dignity on their St Pete day or whatever...

9 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Sounds like a portfolio to me. I’ve got two as well. Nothing to be ashamed of. I however, paid for them myself, no inheritance. You fall into the ‘privileged’ category for many in this unequal society. 

16 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Sounds like a portfolio to me. I’ve got two as well. Nothing to be ashamed of. I however, paid for them myself, no inheritance. You fall into the ‘privileged’ category for many in this unequal society. 

My old man was a painter and decorater and my mam was a domestic at Townleys - me and my siblings had jobs at fifteen, and I'd also go on the rob, not from real people though. Petty dealing too.

And I paid for another, partially, for my lying slag ex.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

24 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

My old man was a painter and decorater and my mam was a domestic at Townleys - me and my siblings had jobs at fifteen, and I'd also go on the rob, not from real people though. Petty dealing too.

And I paid for another, partially, for my lying slag ex.

My Dad spent his years between school and and his 21st birthday in the Navy, dodging first German U Boats and then Kamakazi maniacs.

No chance of either a formal education or a trade. He did his bit though. He and his wonderful wife brought us up in a 2 up 2 down terraced house with an outside loo. 5 of us. 
What I have today has nothing to do with anyone other than myself and my wonderful parents who had nowt, nothing, zilch. 
It certainly has absolutely nothing to do with any of governments Ive lived under since 1954. 
Not sure what this has to do with this thread, maybe it should be in the politics thread, having said that, every thread is a politics thread. Isn’t it? 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

What are you papping on about now?

If not illegals, maybe cannabis or a meth factory then.

Doesn't matter if its one or a hundred, may as well utilise it.

1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

My Dad spent his years between school and and his 21st birthday in the Navy, dodging first German U Boats and then Kamakazi maniacs.

No chance of either a formal education or a trade. He did his bit though. He and his wonderful wife brought us up in a 2 up 2 down terraced house with an outside loo. 5 of us. 
What I have today has nothing to do with anyone other than myself and my wonderful parents who had nowt, nothing, zilch. 
It certainly has absolutely nothing to do with any of governments Ive lived under since 1954. 
Not sure what this has to do with this thread, maybe it should be in the politics thread, having said that, every thread is a politics thread. Isn’t it? 

Similar here, Dad drove a tank from Arromanche to the Elbe via Holland and Belgium then a Bolton bus (not much difference I suppose) and brought four of us up with very little. That is what being English means to me.