Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Exeter City - Home


Spider
 Share

Recommended Posts

When we go one up, we always seem to ease up. Where as we should be pushing even harder for the second. So are the team playing to Evatt instructions or is.it psycological. As mentioned I would play Miller off Doyle at Crawley. We need more threat and firepower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The second goal - I think we left 2 up top and we had two in the wall. It meant we were outnumbered at the back post. Gilks had no chance of cutting it out.

For me, Williams’ yellow card was a big moment. He had to back off from then on and it showed in the second half on some of the challenges he couldn’t make.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

The second goal - I think we left 2 up top and we had two in the wall. It meant we were outnumbered at the back post. Gilks had no chance of cutting it out.

For me, Williams’ yellow card was a big moment. He had to back off from then on and it showed in the second half on some of the challenges he couldn’t make.

It feels like hes booked every game and it definitely affects him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Steady JR or you’ll be called negative for pointing out what the more realistic amongst us have seen for weeks. Being objective and pointing out the obvious isn’t being negative, it’s being realistic but some can’t seem to realise that. We have been extremely fortuitous in many of our recent games to come out with a result, which is annoying when anyone watching can see that we’ve been well on top but failed to take advantage and it’s nearly cost us. Well in the last few games it has. A 1-0 lead always leaves you vulnerable to one super shot, a freak moment, a mistimed tackle or a poor refereeing decision. It’s certainly true that 1-0 gets you as many points as 6-0 but come on, it’s nowhere near as comfortable or enjoyable. The boys have done brilliantly to get us where we are but I honestly can’t help thinking that they could have done it so much more comfortably than they have made it.

Why don't you just fuck off, eh?

You're a boring cunt churning out the same old shit about us not liking negativity etc. People can post constructive criticism all day long without any problems on, it was just your and Ratshit Man's constant negativity that pissed people off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

Why don't you just fuck off, eh?

You're a boring cunt churning out the same old shit about us not liking negativity etc. People can post constructive criticism all day long without any problems on, it was just your and Ratshit Man's constant negativity that pissed people off.

You are a numpty aren’t you. Not one thing I’ve written is negative but then since your vocabulary is limited to swear words and drivel, you probably have no idea what negative actually means. I really think it’s people like you that need to do one and leave the board to those who can see all aspects of the team, good and bad and discuss them without having to resort to insults and prophanities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but when watching the 2nd half yesterday I was thinking Williams, Thomason & Tutte to stop them running through us, take Doyle off & stick Dapo up front to keep their back line honest. 

   Whilst I have no problems with Doyle in as much as he gives his all, for me he's a big part in our lack of potency. He's no target man so you can't hit it long into him & he has no pace so you can't play down the channels either so until you get him in front of goal he's pretty much redundant.... and personally I don't believe his shots to goal ratio out ways his deficiencies. 

Should be part of the plan to get Dapo more central & more forward .When he picks the ball up deep he has to beat two or three to get even a sight of goal. 

Crawley will no what to expect & set up accordingly. Millar & Arthur up front early doors might introduce some uncertainty in their defence.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

You are a numpty aren’t you. Not one thing I’ve written is negative but then since your vocabulary is limited to swear words and drivel, you probably have no idea what negative actually means. I really think it’s people like you that need to do one and leave the board to those who can see all aspects of the team, good and bad and discuss them without having to resort to insults and prophanities.

I can and do speak perfectly civilly with those that deserve it. You're just a prick.

PS It's profanities. Do learn to spell, old man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Should be part of the plan to get Dapo more central & more forward .When he picks the ball up deep he has to beat two or three to get even a sight of goal. 

Crawley will no what to expect & set up accordingly. Millar & Arthur up front early doors might introduce some uncertainty in their defence.

 

Yeh we're looking a bit stagnant & predictable at the mo, could do with injecting something fresh, what i wouldn't give for a Verlinden on Saturday. Nevermind, we go with what we've got & hopefully we have too much for Crawley. 1-2 and it's celebration time.

Edited by Burndens Bogs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

The second goal - I think we left 2 up top and we had two in the wall. It meant we were outnumbered at the back post. Gilks had no chance of cutting it out.

For me, Williams’ yellow card was a big moment. He had to back off from then on and it showed in the second half on some of the challenges he couldn’t make.

Good point regarding  Williams .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, waffer cup 07 said:

When we go one up, we always seem to ease up. Where as we should be pushing even harder for the second. So are the team playing to Evatt instructions or is.it psycological. As mentioned I would play Miller off Doyle at Crawley. We need more threat and firepower.

I think looking at past games they aren't urged to shoot from distance, could be an Evatt instruction

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Sam Allardyce had a similar instruction but on occasion, a shot from outside the box was the better option and would be taken; and successfully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

Steady JR or you’ll be called negative for pointing out what the more realistic amongst us have seen for weeks. Being objective and pointing out the obvious isn’t being negative, it’s being realistic but some can’t seem to realise that. We have been extremely fortuitous in many of our recent games to come out with a result, which is annoying when anyone watching can see that we’ve been well on top but failed to take advantage and it’s nearly cost us. Well in the last few games it has. A 1-0 lead always leaves you vulnerable to one super shot, a freak moment, a mistimed tackle or a poor refereeing decision. It’s certainly true that 1-0 gets you as many points as 6-0 but come on, it’s nowhere near as comfortable or enjoyable. The boys have done brilliantly to get us where we are but I honestly can’t help thinking that they could have done it so much more comfortably than they have made it.

But you are not objective. You have one point that trot out every time. 
When you make that point you also surround it with unneeded words such as 'inept'

Claiming to be 'more realistic' and 'more passionate' which prompt the responses you get. As you deserve for claiming to be some type of superfan/expert . 
 

Everyone else sees the limitations of the team, everyone else would like us to 3-0 up but you constantly stating we should score more simply avoids the fact that to score more we could either convert a higher % of chances or create more chances. You bizarrely after Morecambe claimed on one hand we sat back and on the other rejected numerous shooting opportunities. 

You seem to struggle to understand the point people on here are making which is although we would like to score more whilst we are in a great run changing the way we play to do that also brings a risk at the other end of the pitch and on balance we accept the low goal count based on the high point count. If you could explain how we create more without increasing risk on conceding then get a job at any club in the world they would to know how that works. 
 

If you constantly drop arrogant condescending language into your posts do not be surprised when people react accordingly . Someone asked you the other day were you an accountant because your language skills are frankly awful. Again you are complaining Traf swore at you yet you have done the same previously. 

Edited by Ani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

WS63, what you fail to acknowledge is the level of football we’re currently playing and the skill sets of the players we have. We have centre forwards who isn’t a sprinter. Nor is he adept at holding up the ball until other attacking players can show for an out ball. If he was, he’d be playing for Man City, United, etc.

We have players in all positions who are playing for us because they just aren’t good enough to be playing too far further up the football pyramid.

Every single point you make assumes our players are a much higher level than they actually are and also higher than opposition players. We’ve discussed all season how no team is head and shoulders better than the others. Why, then, did Bolton have a right to beat any other?

Drop your expectation to a level we’re currently at, not a level which includes our former superstar personnel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I can and do speak perfectly civilly with those that deserve it. You're just a prick.

PS It's profanities. Do learn to spell, old man.

Just testing, you do have a modicum of intelligence then so why don’t you use it more often instead of throwing out insults? Look Traf, we’re all Wanderers fans on here, we all want the team to do well but we can also all see that some things are wrong and it’s not negative to point them out. We need a complete performance next week and I’m sure we’ll get it if the players go out on that field meaning to do it. I’m sure they will 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Ani said:

But you are not objective. You have one point that trot out every time. 
When you make that point you also surround it with unneeded words such as 'inept'

Claiming to be 'more realistic' and 'more passionate' which prompt the responses you get. As you deserve for claiming to be some type of superfan/expert . 
 

Everyone else sees the limitations of the team, everyone else would like us to 3-0 up but you constantly stating we should score more simply avoids the fact that to score more we could either convert a higher % of chances or create more chances. You bizarrely after Morecambe claimed on one hand we sat back and on the other rejected numerous shooting opportunities. 

You seem to struggle to understand the point people on here are making which is although we would like to score more whilst we are in a great run changing the way we play to do that also brings a risk at the other end of the pitch and on balance we accept the low goal count based on the high point count. If you could explain how we create more without increasing risk on conceding then get a job at any club in the world they would to know how that works. 
 

If you constantly drop arrogant condescending language into your posts do not be surprised when people react accordingly . Someone asked you the other day were you an accountant because your language skills are frankly awful. Again you are complaining Traf swore at you yet you have done the same previously. 

Ani, yet again you’re spouting a complete load of nonsense. None of the things you’ve just accused me of have I done. Why don’t you read my posts properly? I swore in one post in response to some absolutely disgraceful comments from posters like you actually. I don’t normally respond like that, haven’t since and won’t again but If you don’t like the points that I or Ratchet Man or anybody else makes, why don’t you just respond with why, there’s no need to resort to insults and swear words. That’s just childish and unnecessary and I’m sure you’re above that. As far as Traf’s latest response, it was childish, inaccurate and unnecessary and instead of swearing back and being as childish to him, I’ll phrase it differently. We’re all grown ups here and if people want to use that kind of language, that’s up to them. I post about the football I’ve seen, I don’t namecall or insult people and I don’t profess to being an expert or super fan. I’m just a fan who has a view on things and expresses it, which I thought was what this medium was about?

Edited by Whitesince63
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ani, yet again you’re spouting a complete load of nonsense. None of the things you’ve just accused me of have I done. Why don’t you read my posts properly? I swore in one post in response to some absolutely disgraceful comments from posters like you actually. I don’t normally respond like that, haven’t since and won’t again but If you don’t like the points that I or Ratchet Man or anybody else makes, why don’t you just respond with why, there’s no need to resort to insults and swear words. That’s just childish and unnecessary and I’m sure you’re above that. As far as Traf’s latest response, it was childish, inaccurate and unnecessary and instead of swearing back and being as childish to him, I’ll phrase it differently. We’re all grown ups here and if people want to use that kind of language, that’s up to them. I post about the football I’ve seen, I don’t namecall or insult people and I don’t profess to being an expert or super fan. I’m just a fan who has a view on things and expresses it, which I thought was what this medium was about?

Everything I have said is true and direct quotes from you. 

you called the team inept, after we won at Morecambe, you later talked in down to the forwards 

you said after Morecambe we just sat back and we turned down numerous shooting chances. 

You said you were more passionate than me, because I had a different view than you.  You said more realistic today. 

The fact is I do read your posts and point out the contradictions in your argument and you do not like them. Instead of debating the points I raised you just say talking 'nonsense'. 

Once again ir is everybody else not understanding or reading your posts properly. I know when people who do not understand or agree with you you have questioned their intelligence. But surely you must accept if you are making reasoned and balanced points and so many are getting annoyed with you and resorting to swear that if the message is reasonable surely you have to think the messenger and how they communicate is part of the problem ? 
Today the complaint is people can not have a balanced discussion but you are the trotting out the same point totally mis understanding the alternative view. 
If you can quote my disgraceful comments back at me please do, but remember you have justified your swearing on frustration with others. 
 

 

Edited by Ani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Ani said:

But you are not objective. You have one point that trot out every time. 
When you make that point you also surround it with unneeded words such as 'inept'

Claiming to be 'more realistic' and 'more passionate' which prompt the responses you get. As you deserve for claiming to be some type of superfan/expert . 
 

Everyone else sees the limitations of the team, everyone else would like us to 3-0 up but you constantly stating we should score more simply avoids the fact that to score more we could either convert a higher % of chances or create more chances. You bizarrely after Morecambe claimed on one hand we sat back and on the other rejected numerous shooting opportunities. 

You seem to struggle to understand the point people on here are making which is although we would like to score more whilst we are in a great run changing the way we play to do that also brings a risk at the other end of the pitch and on balance we accept the low goal count based on the high point count. If you could explain how we create more without increasing risk on conceding then get a job at any club in the world they would to know how that works. 
 

If you constantly drop arrogant condescending language into your posts do not be surprised when people react accordingly . Someone asked you the other day were you an accountant because your language skills are frankly awful. Again you are complaining Traf swore at you yet you have done the same previously. 

Ani, I’ve never claimed to be more realistic or more passionate than anybody else and you know I haven’t. I called our forward line inept after the Morecambe game because it looked like ineptitude to me that supposedly senior professional footballers couldn’t do what are the most basic of actions asked of them. If you feel that’s too strong a description that’s your opinion, please tell me what you call it when players can’t take properly, a corner, a free kick, or even cross to a teammate rather than hit the first man? They do this constantly so how do you describe it? 
 

I’ll explain your point about how we score more without increasing the risk of conceding. It’s called shooting. It has absolutely nothing to do with being hung ho, or increasing any risk. The number of opportunities in and around the box that we’ve had in games that have been squandered because we took one more pass or turned back I’ve lost count of. It’s almost as if they’ve been threatened that if they shoot and miss they’ll be sanctioned. If you shoot more, surely you have more chance of scoring. I’m not talking about 40 yard no hopers, I’m talking about clear cut chances and half chances. The fact is we never work the opposition keeper, we don’t have to risk anything by shooting, so why aren’t we?

If I sound condescending in some posts it’s only in response to others to me. Most sensible posters who don’t gravitate to insults don’t get adverse remarks, so maybe you should take a harder look at the posts I’m responding to before you accuse me of that. There does seem to be a small collection of long time posters on here who resent anybody new coming on and upsetting the clique. Between you, you had Ratchet dismissed, goodness knows why, yet you let abusers who can’t be civil stay. If you don’t like or agree with what I post, I fully respect that but just put a counter argument instead of making it personal all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Steady JR or you’ll be called negative for pointing out what the more realistic amongst us have seen for weeks. 
 

This you saying you are more realistic. I could go through and get quotes on all the others but you are not worth the effort 
 

It is a strange thing to join an internet discussion forum and try to take some moral high ground but constantly lie. 
 

You keep telling yourself that you are making sensible rationale points in a constructive way and everyone is misunderstanding. 
 

Good bye

Edited by Ani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isnt it time to draw a line with all this shit! We are all Bolton fans, and want whats best for us as a club, and fans. People have differences, that is what football is all about! Personal insults shouldnt be part of a football forum, so, come on lads, lets all leave it, and concentrate on the game ahead!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Why don't you just fuck off, eh?

You're a boring cunt churning out the same old shit about us not liking negativity etc. People can post constructive criticism all day long without any problems on, it was just your and Ratshit Man's constant negativity that pissed people off.

I've got the cunt on ignore. Fuck him mate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, woolli said:

Isnt it time to draw a line with all this shit! We are all Bolton fans, and want whats best for us as a club, and fans. People have differences, that is what football is all about! Personal insults shouldnt be part of a football forum, so, come on lads, lets all leave it, and concentrate on the game ahead!

Thank you Woolli, exactly my thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ani said:

This you saying you are more realistic. I could go through and get quotes on all the others but you are not worth the effort 
 

It is a strange thing to join an internet discussion forum and try to take some moral high ground but constantly lie. 
 

You keep telling yourself that you are making sensible rationale points in a constructive way and everyone is misunderstanding. 
 

Good bye

I think there’s little point continuing this or any conversation Ani, so it’s goodbye from him and it’s goodbye from me 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.