Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter City - Home


Spider
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, masi 51 said:

if we was offered a win last match of the season at christmas for automatic promotion...........100% would have taken it

could be another Wrexham for our kids................Blackburn with Worthington.............or Forest...............Enjoy it

Fully agree with that as well!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feels like Stoke in FA Cup. Gutted

Think we will crumble next week and Morecambe will take it

Got a taxi ground at HT and the I-Follow fucked up so didn’t see much of the 2nd half but thought the Isgrove incident was a red

Absolutely devastated........and the drink isn’t working

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Psychologically they had nowt to lose so they attacked second half relentlessly

A team with a goal difference of 20 was always going to be problematic for us given our lack of goals.

Think Morecambe will win next week as their style of play will exploit Bradford who are decent football wise but will be physically undone.

We really do have to go for it next week like Exeter went for it today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exeter played mid-week and they were out of form

really struggling to take anything out of today

real body blow, hope I’m not over-reacting but fuck me BWFC you really put us through it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Psychologically they had nowt to lose so they attacked second half relentlessly

 

We really do have to go for it next week like Exeter went for it today. 

Are we capable of " going for it" though? Unless you mean we go for it with a 0-1 win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have no idea how the game actually played out from half way through the second half. Ditched the radio commentary in the car to join the masses. 

Its easy to get carried away and think we’ve bottled it but we haven’t. That lot are a decent team and we’re never going to come and let us have a promotion party.

Its happening. Have to to trust the process. Like Rioch said all those years ago there’s a reason we are in this position. 

As for our fans behaviour, I’m more shocked people are shocked. Stick it on the list with the mountain of other facepalm incidents that have occurred over the years from ransacking Women’s cars and booting rugby balls about to setting fire to pubs. It’s never been any other way.

No idea what the craic was trying to break in ground mind. I’ve spent years trying to break out :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A gut wrenching defeat but, if you'd have asked me when we were 19th or when we nearly disappeared completely if I would take where we are today, I'd have snatched your fucking hand off.

Some people have short memories (probably short attention spans and short everything else too).

We have to beat Crawley. Despicable. Arrogant, self aggrandising, condescending with a superiority complex.

1-0 will do me very nicely. Crack the champers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So disappointed with yesterday but that’s been us for a while now especially at home, there was no difference in getting a draw so why didn’t he throw the kitchen sink at 1-1

trying to stay confident as we’re capable of winning next week but the same time we’ve been poor for a while 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of our  problems yesterday was taking the lead too early . Our habit of dropping deep when we go ahead and then trying to hit them on the counter works best for us if we score later in the game , you could see 5 minutes after scoring we got deeper and deeper and with Exeter being a decent side and throwing everything at us they basically overran us , especially after the subs that just seemed to throw the whole balance of the team to shit.

I certainly think we can win next week , it can be argued playing away suits our system best . Forgetting the Grimsby debacle we have had 2 great away wins of late and I see no reason why we can't win next week . It's up to I.E now to lift the players .

Edited by dusan nikolic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Have no idea how the game actually played out from half way through the second half. Ditched the radio commentary in the car to join the masses. 

Its easy to get carried away and think we’ve bottled it but we haven’t. That lot are a decent team and we’re never going to come and let us have a promotion party.

Its happening. Have to to trust the process. Like Rioch said all those years ago there’s a reason we are in this position. 

As for our fans behaviour, I’m more shocked people are shocked. Stick it on the list with the mountain of other facepalm incidents that have occurred over the years from ransacking Women’s cars and booting rugby balls about to setting fire to pubs. It’s never been any other way.

No idea what the craic was trying to break in ground mind. I’ve spent years trying to break out :)

Have to agree regarding Exeter, decent team, scoring last minute in midweek after looking like they may miss out. They were always going to have a go yesterday, we are not a team of bottlers that’s for sure and even though they deserved to win in the last minute we could have won ourselves if we had defended that free kick . There keeper was up and any sort of clearance may have resulted in a goal.our manager fills me with confidence, he was disappointed like everyone was but as ever he was calm and that calmness is what we need this week. In evatt we trust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s just all agree to write yesterday off as a bad day at the office and move on to Crawley next week knowing that only a win will do. Actually I wasn’t really surprised at what happened, Exeter were always going to throw everything at us and yet again not killing the game off when we had chances to cost us. That’s history now, forget it. Are we a better team than Crawley? Of course we are. Do we have more to play for next week? Of course we do, so it’s up to the players to prove whether they want it enough.
 

According to Gillo, in our dressing room after the game you could hear a pin drop. That worries me because we needed a character to raise the spirits, crack a joke and get everyone’s chins up, not let them sit around feeling sorry for themselves. I’d like them to be angry about this performance and show a determination to put it right next week, which I’m sure they will. It’s a northern characteristic that when things are bad you make a joke of it and get your chin up so let’s hope we’ve got someone in the camp who can do that. Crawley are going to get battered next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rizlar said:

Still pissed off but like previous posters we have been poor recently we have to find a way to score more than 1 goal to make sure we win that said still think we will do it against Crawley coywm .

I agree Rizlar, we do need to score more than one goal. 2 attempts on target in the biggest game of the season, utter shite.

Yet the sanctimonious gang on here have been preaching how it's all we need, well clearly not! 

Funny how many off days we have had recently and lose?, Why are we not set up to have an off day an still grind a result?. Why do all our component parts have to work 100% to win a match, and then only by a single goal.

The margins are so tight every week and Evatt has done nothing to address it. We should be home and hosed by now, we have the resources to have pissed this league.

Evatt's ego in playing his 'brand' of football regardless, and Doyle's inability to offer any focus to our attacks is why we are where we are. Doyle should have been ressted weeks ago, Miller must be really shit!, but 'Doyler' is Ian's pal so go figure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The " trouble " seemed to be a few clumsy overweight fuckers tripping up and overbalancing although Peter Kay did his best to sort it out.  Next weeks game needs to be approached with more confidence because Morecambe will probably win so a victory is well within reach. Doubt is the biggest enemy.

As a Wigan fan I hope you make it and think you will. After the 12 months we've just had I now fully understand what you went through.

I wish you well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

I agree Rizlar, we do need to score more than one goal. 2 attempts on target in the biggest game of the season, utter shite.

Yet the sanctimonious gang on here have been preaching how it's all we need, well clearly not! 

Funny how many off days we have had recently and lose?, Why are we not set up to have an off day an still grind a result?. Why do all our component parts have to work 100% to win a match, and then only by a single goal.

The margins are so tight every week and Evatt has done nothing to address it. We should be home and hosed by now, we have the resources to have pissed this league.

Evatt's ego in playing his 'brand' of football regardless, and Doyle's inability to offer any focus to our attacks is why we are where we are. Doyle should have been ressted weeks ago, Miller must be really shit!, but 'Doyler' is Ian's pal so go figure.

Don't totally disagree with some of this however we have ground out a few one nillers have we not?

Yesterday Exeter nullified our normally excellent lhs attack by actually going offensive.We are predictable so teams can set up accordingly. Agree Doyle is limited as an outlet when we try to go more direct.

The subs yesterday did not help .Isgrove subbed again is a head scratcher although Sarcevic was blowing a bit so you can understand Thomason coming on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.