Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel


wanderer1984

Recommended Posts

  • Members
19 minutes ago, Traf said:

Then I've misinterpreted the image?
I saw it as the US financially backing the Israeli onslaught (which they are)

But you didn't answer my questions...
You don't believe that Israel is backed by US money?
You don't believe that Israel is breaking International law?
You don't believe there's genocide going on in Palestine?

Correct. I abhor Israel's current actions, but those actions are no excuse for anti-semitism.

The US has financially supported Israel

Israel has probably broken international law

I'm not convinced what's happening in Gaza - horrendous as it is - is a genocide, which is a very specific intent and very specific charge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Racist, not offensive

And it isn't a "main concern", as made clear

Yes, but if someone calls something out as offensive, then that isn't a denial of it being racist. 

Tommy and his boys were out in Telford last week and the protest was littered with 'no more mosques' and 'Muhammad was a paedo' banners. It wouldn't really matter if you described the banners as offensive or racist. 

The ICJ have now acknowledged there is a plausible case for Israel committing genocide and they've urged them to take measures to prevent further acts and provide more humanitarian aid. 15 out of the 17 judges voted in favour. 

The point I'm agreeing with, is that this is much more important news than a few muppets at a protest over here. Especially when Israel's opening argument was that the case brought against it was 'antisemitic'. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Yes, but if someone calls something out as offensive, then that isn't a denial of it being racist. 

Tommy and his boys were out in Telford last week and the protest was littered with 'no more mosques' and 'Muhammad was a paedo' banners. It wouldn't really matter if you described the banners as offensive or racist. 


The ICJ have now acknowledged there is a plausible case for Israel committing genocide and they've urged them to take measures to prevent further acts and provide more humanitarian aid. 15 out of the 17 judges voted in favour. 

The point I'm agreeing with, is that this is much more important news than a few muppets at a protest over here. Especially when Israel's opening argument was that the case brought against it was 'antisemitic'. 

There's a clear difference between the two and it would absolutely matter

We aren't limited to a certain number of posts or pages per thread and neither are we limited to posting only about the "most important" news.

The racism present within the Palestinian rights movement is especially relevant to us because it's happening in, and speaks towards, the society we actually live in

I'm not prepared to keep quite about it that or look the other way - no matter how much you and @Duck Egg feel it's bizarre, and me posting it doesn't prevent you or anyone else posting about events in Gaza

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

There's a clear difference between the two and it would absolutely matter

We aren't limited to a certain number of posts or pages per thread and neither are we limited to posting only about the "most important" news.

The racism present within the Palestinian rights movement is especially relevant to us because it's happening in, and speaks towards, the society we actually live in

I'm not prepared to keep quite about it that or look the other way - no matter how much you and @Duck Egg feel it's bizarre, and me posting it doesn't prevent you or anyone else posting about events in Gaza

It's important we call out antisemitism as and when we see it. I'm not begrudging you that. 

The issue is, we've now got the Israeli government and other elements in the pro Israel camp, using it as an argument against any critique of their military campaign. Of which they've done many times. They accused South Africa of being antisemitic and the ICJ of prejudice and discriminatory bias. So it is important we don't jump to conclusions and accuse anyone who criticises them as being antisemitic. 

"The society we actually live in argument" is nonsense imo. The US and UK government (where we live) have close ties with Israel and continue to defend their actions. 

 

Edited by London Wanderer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

It's important we call out antisemitism as and when we see it. I'm not begrudging you that. 

The issue is, we've now got the Israeli government and other elements in the pro Israel camp, using it as an argument against their military campaign. Of which they've done many times. They accused South Africa of being antisemitic and the ICJ of prejudice and discriminatory bias. So it is important we don't jump to conclusions and accuse anyone who criticises them as being antisemitic. 

I'm not sure why the Isreali government claiming antisemitism has or should have any bearing on me calling out explicit antisemitism on London's streets

 

9 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

"The society we actually live in argument" is nonsense imo. The US and UK government (where we live) have close ties with Israel and continue to defend their actions. 

 

It was an argument as to why it merits a mention, in direct response to claims it shouldn't be focused on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Amazing to see how many on here would have had sympathy for the views of Adolf Hitler. Lefties too when it is usually we conservative types who face that accusation.

Astounds me how often 'Islamophobia' is trotted out. Simple question. With all that has happened around the world in the last few decades, isn't islamophobia an understandable trait? Seems that many are somnambulists. Those they march with now might be their executioner one day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Amazing to see how many on here would have had sympathy for the views of Adolf Hitler.

Christ. This lad doesn’t half spout some shite 😂

Hard to bother with any of the rest after this opening line though. Basically Islamophobia is okay because some Muslims are evil. Okay then 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Amazing to see how many on here would have had sympathy for the views of Adolf Hitler. Lefties too when it is usually we conservative types who face that accusation.

Astounds me how often 'Islamophobia' is trotted out. Simple question. With all that has happened around the world in the last few decades, isn't islamophobia an understandable trait? Seems that many are somnambulists. Those they march with now might be their executioner one day.

The ‘phobia’ bit of Islamophobia; a hatred of Islam or a fear of Islam.

I don’t hate Muslims. In fact I’m reasonably good friends with some.

Fear then. Do I fear all Muslims? Well, simply put, no I don’t. I only fear the ones who vow to attack my country, my lifestyle, my brethren. The problem is, I don’t actually know which ones they are so whilst I don’t fear or hate them all, I’ll certainly view them with suspicion until such a time I’ve decided just how I feel about them individually rather than as a whole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Fear then. Do I fear all Muslims? Well, simply put, no I don’t. I only fear the ones who vow to attack my country, my lifestyle, my brethren. The problem is, I don’t actually know which ones they are so whilst I don’t fear or hate them all, I’ll certainly view them with suspicion until such a time I’ve decided just how I feel about them individually rather than as a whole.

A Muslim is much the same as A Jew, or A Palestinian or even  A United fan. Okay,more or less. 

It's when they mob up,with a zealot in charge that there's potential for trouble. 

Edited by FrancisFogarty
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, FrancisFogarty said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Muslim is much the same as A Jew, or A Palestinian or even  A United fan. Okay,more or less. 

It's when they mob up,with a zealot in charge that there's potential for trouble. 

Some of those in your list don’t rock up at a music concert staring a singer likely to be popular with youngsters and blow themselves up, do they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Some of those in your list don’t rock up at a music concert staring a singer likely to be popular with youngsters and blow themselves up, do they?

Only one lot dont wipe their arses properly either.

And force their kids to marry strangers.

Or mutilate their kids genitals.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Only one lot dont wipe their arses properly either.

And force their kids to marry strangers.

Or mutilate their kids genitals.

 

In my shit school in Bolton, which was 50% British Muslim, the only kid who fucked the toilets up was a young boy from Johnson Fold who had crap parents and worked for money as a rent boy in Salford, and the only way he got into care was to shit on a spoon and defecate all over the Bogs in lower school.

Not sure that went on in Eton.

Surprised we ever got taught looking back on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

In my shit school in Bolton, which was 50% British Muslim, the only kid who fucked the toilets up was a young boy from Johnson Fold who had crap parents and worked for money as a rent boy in Salford, and the only way he got into care was to shit on a spoon and defecate all over the Bogs in lower school.

Not sure that went on in Eton.

Surprised we ever got taught looking back on it.

Smithills?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I didn't realise how bad Smithills was until I went to Turton sixth form - christ that was a much better school. Loved it there.

I was at Turton but you had to be clever then to get in 6th form. These days you either go in 6th form/college or get a job

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

I was at Turton but you had to be clever then to get in 6th form. These days you either go in 6th form/college or get a job

Yeah, in my day you had to have an A (or A*) in the subjects you wanted to do if you didn't go to Turton to get into the sixth form.

Mind you when I got there loads of Turton kids got in there with a load of Bs

Us lot (think there was about 10 of us - most came from Blackrod) thought what a wizz!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah, in my day you had to have an A (or A*) in the subjects you wanted to do if you didn't go to Turton to get into the sixth form.

Mind you when I got there loads of Turton kids got in there with a load of Bs

Us lot (think there was about 10 of us - most came from Blackrod) thought what a wizz!

These days (well, at least 9 or 10 years ago when my own kids were there, your comment about your school being 50% Brit Muslim was pretty much how I’d describe Turton 6th form (I couldn’t say 50% Muslim but at least 30% Indian)

I think they had an agreement between Bolton Education Dept. and their counterparts at Blackburn with Darwen Council. They all arrived by train 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.