Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

22 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

One here from a Morecambe fan.

The Bolton fans are horrendous. We have them a week on Saturday and after the problems last year the game has been changed to a 12-30 ko.
They invaded the pitch here at The Mazuma and turned a disabled man out of his shop-rider among other things.

When the lock-down was on in 2020/21 and no fans allowed in grounds , hundreds of them travelled illegally to Morecambe and stood on the land by the road only for Evatt and his team to reward them by coming across and applauding them !

Be nice to see them miss out on promotion.

Some more from the 6 fingers

Tbh, if both Stanley and Morecambe were to stay in L1, I’d rather see Bolton promoted so we never have to host that bunch of yobs again.

Seems like my evaluation of Trafford’s dangerous challenge was correct and also my assessment of the failure of the referee to apply FA Laws Rule 1……….
Quote my earlier post……

Robert Mitchell
In my honest opinion James Trafford used “excessive force” in wiping out Coyle last night. Which is a Red Card offence according to FA Laws of the Game, Rule 1. Quote. “Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off“.

There should be a retrospective disciplinary action to ban Trafford and to consider the referee’s failure to apply the Laws of the game. Shocking, but nothing will change……..this referee will be officiating at a League match somewhere on Saturday no doubt!http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/accysmilies/idunno.gif

Get fit soon Liam. Best wishes.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/stanleysmilies/wub.gif

Tommy Leigh has been ‘Retrospectively Cited’ for the relatively mild use of an elbow. Compare that with the excessive force used by James Trafford on Liam Coyle which was far far worse IMHO! If Tommy Leigh get as a three match ban then Trafford should be banned for a much larger number of matches.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/images/accysmilies/mad.gif

We’ve had several (almost) full houses this season, with very passionate and vociferous fans, from much ‘bigger’ clubs.
But none other Bolton showed such thuggish and infantile behaviour.

Should we ever have the ‘pleasure’ of hosting Bolton again I’d be happy if the club limited their tickets to the absolute minimum*, confined them to the Coppice Terrace (except for a few spaces and seats for less able), and took a hit on the gate receipts. I’d even be willing to chip in a fiver to offset the loss.
Who needs a house full of morons?
If that’s how they behave when they’ve won….

* even @ 10%, 500 Bolton fans could be too many.

Bolton boss thinks even the yellow card was harsh, words fail me!

Morecambe fan conveniently forgets to mention the racist abuse by one of their fans to our bench that caused nearly all of the problems lol. 

• Site Supporter

Will they keep Bolton fans in after the game don't want trouble after last time coys

Doubt it ! It’s against their “human” rights apparently 🤔

oh need proper police present then hardly any last time

Hence the earlier kick off time - they will only be able to get slightly boozed up this time - I will probably hang back a bit and let them all disappear back under their stones !!!!

I’m staying back till they disappear

• Site Supporter
Just now, tomski said:

Micky you need to move on from Morecambe. We really need to go up.

I find it rather entertaining that we haven’t left their heads all season. They can lose 3 or 4 - 0 but all’s ok if Bolton lost too.

Despite the fact Accrington are now very predictably developing a chip on their shoulder about us I quite admire the way they fought their way back in to the football league and stabilised themselves there. There's a queue of bigger clubs at the top of the National League who'd give their right arms to be in Accrington's position. 

Morecambe are averaging 4,000 these days so the town is making a half plausible effort of retaining a football league club long term. They are archetypal tinpot Bolton haters but we've seen it all before. 

I suspect that if either or both end up in League 2 they'll bomb like Rochdale have and then slump in the National League too ... but for now they've earned their right to be above shite like the bindippers.

Fleetwood are there because of the wealth of the owner. At least the other two got there on their own terms.

Edited by paulhanley

39 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Despite the fact Accrington are now very predictably developing a chip on their shoulder about us I quite admire the way they fought their way back in to the football league and stabilised themselves there. There's a queue of bigger clubs at the top of the National League who'd give their right arms to be in Accrington's position. 

Morecambe are averaging 4,000 these days so the town is making a half plausible effort of retaining a football league club long term. They are archetypal tinpot Bolton haters but we've seen it all before. 

I suspect that if either or both end up in League 2 they'll bomb like Rochdale have and then slump in the National League too ... but for now they've earned their right to be above shite like the bindippers.

Fleetwood are there because of the wealth of the owner. At least the other two got there on their own terms.

Agree with that. 

But then don't have victim mentality supporters. You aren't Scousers. Have a bit of pride ffs 

• Site Supporter
Just now, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If we are talking out of Lancs definitely Wolves and Port Vale have always disliked us

Think Port Vale’s hate may be diminishing slightly after all the reach-around by Bolton fans congratulating them on their great support and platitudes about their style of play being one of trying to play football instead of sitting ten players behind the ball.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

This 'match report' takes bitter and twisted to new levels. I'm not sure even Pat Crerand was ever as one eyed as this!

Mar 4, 2023 – shrimplythebestfootball

Rambling fcker! Who bothers themselves by typing all this stuff? Blokes obsessed, fixated; get out and discover women or beer if you can’t manage that.