Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A View From The Other Side

matty2094

• Site Supporter

Another game that feels big. We've played some great stuff recently but these are the teams we need to get results from if we want to keep pace with the top 6.

Tough to take anyone out of the team from Peterborough, but some rotation surely likely with GMac, Vokes, Sadlier, Taf, Keogh etc on the bench last time out.

We've been brilliant recently. I'm confident.

As @DJWYC14 says the next few games are exciting because they will hopefully be a strong indication of our progession or of how much more work we need to do. Sadlier to score?

Bolton are there for the taking.

As are everyone, I suspect we are probably just below the level of the top 5 or 6 teams at the moment, with potential to grow and a number of upcoming matches that could go either way, a bit of a push now and we might end up way above expectations.

[Wanderlust] 

BWFC fans totally bemused by the team picked for tonight..

....there must be some sort of a plan but it ain't obvious.

@Wanderlust What is the context behind that? Are you going defensive?

[Wanderlust] 

Hard to tell as they can all get forward - but you have a much taller team so there may be an eye on defending set pieces and balls lumped into the box - and the other on the press so would expect subs second half.

Getting bashed up a bit here, Bolton bigger, stronger and passing better.

Shabby as fcuk every one of them. Bolton are not as good as we are making them out to be.

[Wanderlust] Starting to understand Evatt's weird line up - he put our RCB to left CB, brought in a RCB, moved RWB to LWB, moved Sheehan back to DM and brought Maghoma into a mid 4. It's sort of working but also explains why our passing and fluency isn't quite there. Still a long way to go in this - we're defending deep but some pace up front would help you guys. Next goal crucial IMO.

Really good 2nd half, but to switch off like that from a corner with the game there for the taking....ah so frustrating.

We manage to show we are the better team (or at least have the higher ceiling) than our opponents, but manage to lose 2-4 at home anyway. Sigh.

[Wanderlust]

Game of three halves in the end.

I'm offski chaps - good luck in your games until we see you at the Toughsheet/Unibol/Macron/Reebok.

Thanks @wanderlust . Just now it feels like we’ll need a lot more than luck. But we’ll go again, as they say.

mrs micra says it’s only a game. Wise words??!

For what it's worth, I think Blooms continues to do a fantastic job. I think that display tonight was on errors rather than anything else. Yes, they countered us well in the first half, but he clearly lit a fire for the second, and must be pulling his hair out at the players being so determined to hand over the gift basket.

The individual errors in the last ten are very hard to take. It’s a shame for Keogh who’s been much more solid than I was anticipating recently. 

The games with Charlton, Peterborough, Portsmouth and tonight show we’re capable of matching the top teams in the league, but still a step or two short when it matters.

I think we could equally complain that Wycombes two goals were soft goals from a defensive point of view despite how well leahy hit it. We had more than enough men to block his effort and the second one we were very slow to respond and you poked it in. All in all there were good and not so good points for both teams but in the end without trying to be biased I think the better team(just) won. Certainly for 20 minutes in the second half you really had us on the rack and the equaliser you could see coming. Strangely we just seemed to have ridden it out when you scored and I actually expected you to go on and win it but we suddenly got a second wind and Toal reacted first to a good whipped in corner and after that I think we just got stronger again. Good game, bit scrappy at times but good entertainment so good luck to you for the rest of the season and look forward to meeting you again at the Reebok in the return. 👍

I think the way they set up with a very low block wasnt what we were expecting and forced us to resort to hoof ball for too much of the first half, especially as they seemed a yard faster to the ball than we were, so to many of our passes were being cut out. Second half we looked much sharper and faster & pressed them much better which is what got us back in the game. If only we hadn't lost concentration straight after our second...

Phew! Good game bad result. Felt sure we had done enough to secure the point after a fantastic half an hour in the second half. I think with (even an under par) Scowen on the pitch after the equaliser we might have held out. The first goal cost us the first half I think. Max howler. We seemed to go to pieces. Still not sure about Phillips either, but a good save from that Potts shot cost us a probably undeserved equaliser. I thought Bolton looked good on the whole would have been happy with a point. Conceding from a corner with Vokes and Taff on was bizarre. The pen was the icing for BW though I doubt we would have snatched a third. I hope Oxford are on the receiving end of our disappointment from today! Luckily performances count more than points at this stage of the season.

Oh...and great away support considering the distance on a Tuesday night.

Unfortunately individual errors are costing us. Max certainly to blame for the first and seemed slow off his line for the second. The penalty could have been saved. Keogh , what was he doing for the fourth. Complete lack of pace. What must Taff be thinking that a 38 year old gets in front of him. Second half we were much better but lacking any intensity in the first. 

yes, Max has to take the blame for the first one of course

as for the other goals , the second was a route one ball over the back of our defence. Can’t quite see how you can blame Max for that when he was left one on one

The third atrocious lack of marking by all of our big players at the back. BTW, whatever happened to the good old practice of having players on goalposts at corners That would’ve also solved the problem with the first goal on Saturday as well.

as for the fourth goal, unfortunate, it was Richard up against him as I think we all know he’s not exactly built for speed therefore no surprise he was beaten for pace and he did what he could only do, which was give away the penalty.

To blame Max for not keeping the penalty out when he managed to get a good hand on a well struck penalty into the corner. Sorry you’ve got me on that one!

• Overall thoughts...

...they made 3-4 chances you'd expect to hit the net. We made 1. Not sure on the XG but I imagine they'd be well ahead. So we can't really argue with the outcome. I think it probably points to our biggest weakness, which is that we don't really have strikers that can make chances for themselves. 

Annoyingly, however, most of their openings came from poor defending from us. We never worked out how to deal with the ball dropped in over Keogh's head, which caused problems all game. Second half we stopped them playing that pass for most of it but I'd like to have seem Low moved to the middle of the back 3 or Stryjek step up and play a more aggressive sweeper keeper role. Keogh was left badly exposed.

I did think the 2nd half tactics were exceptional and turned round a game where we were well behind. They only have 10 mins to get a lot of information across at HT but managed to totally reverse the pattern of the game. Big tick for whoever was on tactics board duty. Stopping 5 passing to his other two centre backs really posed Bolton problems. It felt like we won the ball back on hallway repeatedly by laying a trap for him to play a poor ball out from the back.

On the other hand, if Bolton play that way every week (?) then we really should have been setup to do that from the start.

•  

Well that was a roller coaster of emotions. 

disclaimer: This is not a dig at the manager, but my personal constructive opinion based on 40+ years of watching football.

I think this sort of result is 100% the sort of result we have to understand and accept will happen with a Matt Bloomfield manager at this stage of his managerial career.

I am truely a believer that football teams reflect their manager in many ways that sometimes they can’t completely coach out of the team. At this moment there is a mistake or two and a spot of naivety in the team which results in silly goals given away. And while there is a wealth of experience in the squad, there is also a lot of inexperience. There is also combination within the managerial team.

Now, the opening sentence does come across as rather damning, but Matt and his team are only just over a year into there managerial careers together and it would be foolish to think they’ll get it right first, time everytime. We have to accept that. And coming up against experienced managers may mean they can turn a game away from us in the last 10 minutes. Again, we have to accept that will happen.

Putting my positive hat one, I’ve seen enough in the last few weeks to see Matt and his Team are on a more upward trajectory. And indeed to come back like we did last night is testament to lessons learned in the first two games of the season. There’s just some more lessons to learn in that last 10 mins. 

I am excited about what MB and his team can do here. We just have to be patient and understand when we lose like we did last night, or go on a fruitless run. While I think there’s a niavety, mistake or potential to just being out thought tactically in Matt as manager at the moment, I also think he’ll learn, grow and improve into an even better manager because of it 

Mistakes were made last night. But it’s not the end of the world. They’ll all learn and improve and get stronger. Hey, GA made a heck of a lot of mistakes in his first few years. But he grew. Mistakes on their own don’t make a team or manager a bad one.

I guess the tl:dr is:

”we’ll win some, we’ll lose some. Onto Oxford on Saturday”

From a distance it looked like the keeper was goading the fans behind the goal after Bolton’s third, but that doesn’t excuse the behaviour. 

As an aside, it there anyway to display the ‘tweet’ without us having to click onto the cesspit of later day ‘X’?

For context. A group of about 10 young lads down the front were giving all sorts of abuse to their keeper at 2-0 and 2-1 down. The usual stuff. Nothing humorous or witty. Just a load of swear words. The keeper did nothing to retaliate. At 2-2 a few others in the terrace got stuck into the goalkeeper. It became marginally more socially acceptable given that Bolton had thrown away a two goal lead. At 3-2 down once again their goalkeeper did not respond to our fans when he was well within his right to dish it back. Then, as they scored their fourth, the game was now won and their goalkeeper dished it back to our lot down the front. Once he’d turned around to focus on the last few minutes of the game and he’d walked to the penalty spot, one of our young lads threw an empty coke bottle toward the goalkeeper. As it was empty, it didn’t even get past the byline, it was nowhere near the goalkeeper, who was never threatened anyway. Totally bizarre.

Fans goad goalkeeper, goalkeeper goads fans, idiot chucks stuff.

Goon fans being incapable of taking anything back from players after dispensing tonnes of foul abuse is one of the more ridiculous elements of football.

There was one moment yesterday where maybe our keeper absolutely lashed it into an opposition players face knocking him to the floor.

Some genius in a nearby block (who thinks he's some kind of country geezer with a silly cap) was fuming about it "Not being a head injury", despite the ball utterly smashing his head.

The criticism of Max's performance this week are a bit harsh.

The goal at Peterborough was absolutely not his fault. He is in the correct position for a corner. The ball hits the side net and just sneaks under the cross bar, it is about the most perfect strike you can do. I doubt any keeper in the world would have saved that, unless they were massively out of position in the first instant.

Goal 1 last night - definitely a mistake by Max and the only proper one. Scowen had so much time to track Maghoma but unusually for him just watched him amble along in front of him, well before he took the ball and scored. Football basics - get goal side in defence.

Goal 2 - no way is Max at fault. The scorer took his first touch one yard outside the box. He is in the correct position at this time and he is anticipating the striker cleanly controlling the ball, ready to advance to then smother. The striker takes a heavy first touch but not heavy enough that Max can intervene and the bounce then leaves him in no mans land. He's done nothing wrong.

Goal 3 - Leahy is screaming at a striker to come back and support. 4 Bolton attackers against three Wycombe defenders. Leahy is too late to react to the ball coming in. It's not clear if Keogh was marking the scorer or Leahy. However, clearly our fault as a team and a defender should have been there to block the run or attack the ball first, we did neither.

Goal 4 - complete lack of anticipation to the flick on by Keogh. Should have been more proactive and cut the flick out. Max does nothing wrong with the penalty, gets a good hand but just can't steer it around the post.

Last night highlighted the weaknesses of playing a back 5, 2 in midfield and 3 up front. Far too much space for opposition to run into. Bolton were also very brave. They regularly went keeper plus three defenders against three or four of our players, which is why when they managed to get it through us, they broke us down so easily. I would have gambled more last night, and gone 1:1 at the back to allow our three attackers to sit on the three defenders and then a wing back to squeeze on one side or the other.

Anyway, good comeback, shit first half and last 10. That's football sometimes. Let's just stuff Oxford on Saturday instead.

It was a really strange game. Bolton comfortably better for a long period where no-one could complain we weren't worth a 2-0 loss.

Then us compfortably better for another long period, one of the best spells of the Bloomfield era arguably.

Then an absolutely unforeseen collapse, the last goal early season woeful levels.

We could do with turning over one of the top teams in the league. We've been quite "nearly" with Portsmouth, Bolton and Peterborough.

I thought it was the best game of football seen at AP for a long time, both teams playing well. I agree there was an amount of hoof ball, but generally I thought it was directed and aimed at getting players in behind the defence.

Agreed on Max's mistakes, should he be rested? 

Impressed with the quality of our play 2nd half. Yes, we are in transition, but we have come a long way ina short period of time.

A lot to be encouraged by.

The rest of the thread petered out talking about the catering, particularly the hotdog thing.

image.thumb.png.b8da4f5715aa8a709317934711423c63.png

That was a fascinating game. Evatt confused the shit out of me the way he set us up but having listened to what the fans were saying about their team it all made sense in the end. Have to say Evatt did a great job tactically, but it was a bit nerve-wracking when we backed off and they brought the big lads on.  I was surprised when they didn't start with them TBH.

Anyhoo, 3 points thank you very much.

Hotdog looks a rip off. Needs both ketchup and mustard. And onions.

Edited by Wanderlust

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Hotdog looks a rip off. Needs both ketchup and mustard. And onions.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

... & butter. Dry bread is for ducks.

And, most importantly, COOKING!

17 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’ve had more sausage than Big E recently with having a hotdog at Wycombe (the one pictured definitely wasn’t from the van next to the fan zone) and then two of them at Shrewsbury (already known to contain magical powers after eliminating my hangover at the 1-0 win the other year)

Lies.

nobody has had more sausage than @Big E

Views selected from A View From The Tower. A LOT of different threads to sift through.

PREMATCH 

*Talking about our injury situation*

Well the way they are scoring for fun - any of the goalscorers that are out has to be good news for us.

Don't believe this downplaying until you see their teamsheet.

So what, they have 23 other players and won at a stroll last night

Whilst I believe that anything can happen on the day, even the brief highlights of them away at Shrewsbury on Tuesday night look like they easily dominated, created chances and kept the opposition out.

*On Upper vs Lower Tier seats*

Looking forward to it. I think we'll win to be honest.

Surely you don't have to sit in designated seats?

I'd imagine you'll have to go in designated tier. Regards to seats who knows, some will, some won't which leads itself to chaos. Would be better with total unallocated or total allocated but who am I to show a bit of common sense.

If they are sold without seat numbers then they have to reduce the allocation I think. Easier to sell them with seat numbers, sell more, then let battle commence between those who go where they like and those who go to the seat number on their ticket!!

*On Evatt*

I don’t want any love in with him - he’s the oppositions manager
Yes he was a very good player for us, but tomorrow is different
Clapping the opposition manager just because he’s an ex player is naff and cringeworthy

Great player for us over 7 seasons, a club great and a leader on the pitch.

He’s since taken that into management and is doing very well with Bolton having played 184 games with 93 wins and 39 draws, giving him a 50% win ratio.

As we prepare to play his side this weekend, my hypothetical questions are;

Do people think he’d have had the same success with us if we’d have gone all out to get him instead of Critchley? Would he have got us promoted to the Championship?
Another big question would be if he had done that, would he have stayed loyal being a club legend, or have been poached away by Derby or QPR for example?
It will be interesting to see how a team he’s moulded comes up against our Critchley led one on Saturday, and the different philosophies of the two managers.

I mean , he hasn't managed to get Bolton up yet and they're averaging nearly double our attendances and must be able to match, or likely slightly better our budget and they have better facilities.

So i'd say he probably wouldn't have gotten us promoted, but yes if he did he would definitely have left us for a top end championship club. Sure, he has some great memories here but football management can be a short career and as Bob Dylan said money doesn't talk it swears.

Critchley will know exactly how Bolton play. Wigan exposed them badly. I hope Norburn is fit and we have the courage to go at them with both Carey and Dembele. We need to get those tickets sold and get right behind the lads.

I don't know if it would (have) worked here for him. He's a manager not a head coach and he'd have had Mansford and others milling about getting under his feet. First thing he did at Bolton was kick off at the board until they changed their management and recruitment structure for him.

Expecting a lesson in how wing backs actually work this weekend as that's his settled system done properly and they're on for five wins in a row currently.

They’ve not looked great tonight but Sheehan in the middle looks very tidy. Sit back and let them play at their own pace like Peterborough first half and we’ll play right into their hands.

Yep, I agree with @poolfc that Evatt is a Manager in the traditional ‘finger in every pie’ sense. I think along with a few other issues around lifestyle, that means he’s not really a good fit for us here at Blackpool.

There was a time where I’d have had him as my number 1 choice, but we’re trying to do something here that will hopefully offer us much more longevity / continuity and I’m not convinced it’s worth upsetting that process to accommodate an Evatt type.

They have double our attendance probably because the population of Bolton is double that of Blackpool

I actually think IE was the perfect match for us. I remember listening to an interview during his time at Barrow... what a brilliant communicator.

I would've taken him over Critchley any time. IE was by far the better option. At the time he also gave the impression he wanted to come back to Blackpool. Bolton didn't mess around they knew exactly what he was about. Their fans love him as much as we once did.

Yet he didn't get an interview.

Maybe there was something in his background that spoiled the apparent image?

I bet there was.

I also watched the game and thought they were very good . High intensity play their press was outstanding. The Shrews were never given a moment on the ball and consequently in possession made error after error. Thought Charles was a real handful his closing down was tremendous. As you pointed out Sheehan was also very good . It was a great team performance they pressed as a team . I thought they would tire but they managed to continue with the high intensity for most of the game . Hopefully we will benefit from a few more days rest, but if we start slow, dither at the back, and give possession through wayward passes we will be in trouble imho.

Couldn’t help thinking this might have been our style of play if we had taken a chance on IE .
One other point to note is that despite their style of play they didn’t pick up 1 yellow card .

When Evatt was at Barrow , when they lost possession, didn’t he count to 7 , in which time the players had to regain possession, which it sounds like he is still insisting on at Bolton ?

I wonder if he’s a put anything on at the bookies that he’ll be managing a championship club in 2024?

He won't be leaving Noblot any time soon. He owns some of it 

They have double our attendance probably because the population of Bolton is double that of Blackpool

Blackpool town: 145,000
Bolton town: 194,000

Blackpool Urban Area: 240,000
Bolton Metropolitan Area: 296,000

*Prematch chat*

We tend to fuck up 2-0 leads there.

remembering a game around 1988 I think, a friend said fancy driving us to Bolton for the game, I said I can but I have no brakes. He took that I was joking. All was fine till it started lashing it down, coming off the motorway into Bolton the traffic had backed up so yanked my handbrake and span 360* across the motorway, stopping inches from the car in front, I was a teenager didn’t have a clue where we were going so followed the car in front with Blackpool scarves in the back window. They drove all over the place and eventually through an outdoor market, followed them in and eventually due to all the folk at the market they ground to a halt. Got out my car to ask if they knew where they were going, took some persuasion to get them to wind window down saying why are you following us? I said trying to get to the game, he said we saw you hand brake turning off the motorway and thought you were a psychopath!!! To which I explained no I just have no brakes.  I wonder if that is anyone off here in the car in front? Surely won’t ever forget it. My friend white as a sheet said i thought you were joking.

I guess we're due a win there

Remember going on the train years ago. On the way home Police told us to close the window blinds and lay in corridor. Train then was bombarded by stones. No windows broke but it was scary stuff. Hated Bolton ever since.

Due a win at the Toughshoite stadium. 💩

Never seen us win at Burnden, Breezeblock or the toughshite 

Dembele must start on what will be our biggest away following for years , let's not worry about the opposition let them worry about us !

Our biggest game of the season, how I wish I could attend this one.

Fancy us for a result.

Bolton’s home form is pretty consistent…Agent Evo needs to help out his old pals here.

Last time I saw us win there was 30th September 1967, a 2-1 away win . 2 fantastic goals from Graham Oates and Tony Green. As I recall , a very lively afternoon in the unsegregated Lever End .

I had a lump of coal hit me on the head after Graham Oates scored. Never been the same since hence my username.

I’m trembling at the thought of them scabbing a draw

AM i reading that right. the toughsheet stadium. how many names has that place had. though it could be toughs..t for someone come 5.pm.

*replying to Wanderlust*

I'm pretty sure you'll win. I think we have play-off ability but it's still developing. I think you lot are pretty well organised. You may get automatic and you may not. But you'll be well up there this season.

There are no stand out teams and everyone can beat each other. It's all about who is the most consistent and sadly that is something we are shit at.

Bolton away matters to us and we demand a performance this time ! I can't make this one but my son is leaving London at 5.30 to give it you lot, large !

Cannot wait for tomorrow. Alarm set.

Start Dembele and have him running at those massive defenders - he could run rings round those guys

DURING

Dion Charles looks a better player than he did at Fylde.

I'll regret saying this, but at the moment we're looking good.

I'm being subjected to the Bolton commentary on my firestick.

Bloody annoying.

Our fans are class.

I think we edged that first half.

Shame we couldn't score.

Our fans have been magnificent.

decent half, bolton very cautious, we look more of a threat on the break, dembele is looking dangerous. Norburn 's not really got into the game yet.

if anyone pushed onto santos i think he might be prone to the odd mistake under pressure

Formation looks solid. Bolton struggling for ideas. 

Keep saying this but we are a good team. Bolton are one of the favs in this league and in that half I thought we edged it despite that flurry at the end of the half.

ref started to give them everything.

A lot of 50/50 calls seem to go to Bolton here.

Wtf is this ref on, foul on Rhodes again. Freekick to Bolton.

We're under the cosh at the moment.

Not sure whether it's us sitting back or Bolton pressing

shit

He takes off Dembele, and look what happens.

Brought that upon ourselves but what a strike

Been coming that only one team going for it here.
Bolton look like they'll score every attack.

Critchley out. This is wank.

*from wanderlust*

6 yellows (5 for Bolton) and not a single bad tackle in the whole game.
Toner is a cock.

Dreadful referee.

Evo booked now.

4, fuck off it took that long for the charting cunts ti take a feee kick earlier 

POST MATCH

Beaten by the better side. We won't be anywhere near the top 6. It comes down to the man appointing the wrong manager over and over.

Leave Critchley at Bolton and bring Evo back to Blackpool

Don’t forget Bolton have been building for this over the past few years, we are recovering from a wreckage of a season . We won’t go up this season, but we might be a hell of team next

Took a wonder strike, but it was always likely to happen with the space they had.

I feel for the 4000+ of our fans who were there; you deserved better.

Really disappointed in that.

Fuck me, we've narrowly lost to a team at home who have won 11 games out of 16 this season and we're totally shite again!

OK, we lost, shit happens, give your fucking heads a wobble

Tough shit from the Tough Sheet.

We played well & that wonder strike was the difference 😞

A lot of our players looked like League Two players today. That is a real problem

The game, like most football matches, was decided in the midfield. Their numbers 8 & 19 looked after the ball well and mostly looked to go forward. We had Morgan & Carey who were anonymous and Norburn who doesn’t have an attacking pass in him. Missed Dougall in there today.

Bolton weren’t great just well organised, we weren’t awful but gave possession away too easily too often, one of which led to the goal.

Their no 8 absolutely ran the whole show. Looked for the ball and continually played it forward to one of their players. Tidy player and exactly what we are crying out for.

He was certainly the stand out player this afternoon.

Bolton had won 5 in a row before today and were bang in form. I thought for the most part we handled them well but it affected our forward play. Thats the first time we’ve not scored since Wycombe away - 12 games ago. We will lose games and that today was one they we could and have lost

I thought it was a tense game where neither team wanted to lose. I said it will privately go 1-0 Bolton just before kick off. Wanderers deserve to be where they are because they can keep teams out, manage possession when they need to and score decent goals from nothing. That’s what they did today. In other home games they’ve won quite convincingly.

They were definitely worried about us but we undercooked some of our short passes and final balls which came from their unforced errors.

Wtf happened at the station just about made it 10x worse

Lavery’s movement would have troubled their back line, & in particular may have made the ref step in & act about Santos’ constant “obstructions”.

Fully agree their No.8 was outstanding today never stopped looking for the ball and carrying it forward, he was the difference together with Santos!

The fans deserved better but say that every week

I am not even talking about the result. It's just fucking boring. We celebrate a corner because there's sod all else.

That is one of the worst designed stadiums that I've ever seen.

You know its always been one of my favourites. I think the KFC might have something to do with it though 😂

Shite home fans, only started after they scored then faded off

It was a decent first 20mins, after that Bolton were the better side

Can’t believe all that hard work and effort we didn’t manage a single effort on target. 

Has to be said Bolton won at a canter this afternoon.

They battered us and scored in a 20 minutes second half spell. That was the difference. That aside there was nowt in it. 

some truly bizarre officiating again.

has anyone any videos of that man and women who were causing a stir behind the lower tier this afternoon?

That bint was a piece of work.

No but I was in front of it.

Both a pair bell ends.
Got told off for drinking in view of the pitch which they did several times.
Giving it large to away fans several metres away out of order.

The bloke gets told off by security then the misses carriers on giving shit to pool fans then he come and grabs her away then gives her a slap then gets thrown out and she stays watching the game.

Shocking today. Kicked off at the station as per always.. to be followed by a 45 minute wait at Horwich for the train to be cancelled at Preston.

Awful

We were kettled on the bridge for 45 minutes gave up and got a cab home, treated like second class citizens once again by the boys and girls in blue.

That journey home was utterly depressing.

What a shitshow and utter bollocks excuses.

Train wasn’t moving for about 40 mins, staff at station said the doors had been forced open breaking the train and there was no way of fixing it…. Said they were getting a bus organised… people fuming, train then set off..

Trains were a mare even before the game. Went to Manchester first for food and drinks, wanted to get the 2 o clock from Piccadilly back to Horwich which was cancelled. Got an Uber, stuck in traffic, missed most of the first half

*On a thread about the amount of goals they concede outside the box*

That was a fucking worldie tbf !

I think you're being unfair, he hit that so hard and clean it was unstoppable imo.

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Fuck off! And when you’ve fucked off, keep going and fuck off a bit further!

Here’s a team with a shit temporary away stand thinks our stadium is the worst he’s ever seen!

Blows my mind that their fans seem so sure that Evatt would jump ship if they came calling.

Take a look around our stadium when we go 1-0 up yesterday. As if he’d sack off everything that he has here after all he’s achieved so far and the freedom he has in his role, just to go back to Blackpool. Laughable.

10 hours ago, matty2094 said:

Views selected from A View From The Tower. A LOT of different threads to sift through.

PREMATCH 

*Talking about our injury situation*

*On Upper vs Lower Tier seats*

*On Evatt*

*Prematch chat*

DURING

POST MATCH

Good Read that 

Even they Have 

Population Nonces on there