My one and only actual festival where you camp out was v2004 

Some good stuff, some shite 

Unheard of bands like Kasabian and Killers doing the early slots 

Didn't see them 

Caught a bit of Pink though  

Highlights were charlatans, pixies and nerd 

Enjoyed the thrills as well

image.png

I think Kasabian were first on at 12pm, saw The Killers, early afternoon on the 2nd stage. Think we stayed in a hotel in Telford that ran a minibus, fuck camping!

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I think Kasabian were first on at 12pm, saw The Killers, early afternoon on the 2nd stage. Think we stayed in a hotel in Telford that ran a minibus, fuck camping!

We did the Chelmsford one 

Camped but had access to a hotel where we showered and shit Saturday morning 

I look back with regret I didn't see BRMC, Kasabian, Kings of Leon and maybe Strokes and Muse but too busy in the "back stage" bit getting drunk and stoned with no queues for beer and portaloos 

Probably the best charlatans set of all the ones I've seen though, about 5pm in the hot sun nicely drunk

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ministry in November at Shepherd's Bush. Doing the Damnation Festival in Manchester sat 5th Nov if folk are interested.

Show Trent how it's done, Al!

The Universal Fundamentals of Al Jourgensen | Psychology Today United  Kingdom

Is that Jonny Depp?

Only just realised Michael Monroe is playing with GnR. Love Hanoi Rocks and actually his last single was great -  sadly overlooked Rock n Roll band and got overtaken in the US by all the cartoonish rubbish of LA hair metal, which missed out on all the punk, Bowie, Johnny Thunders influenced stuff from this band.

• Site Supporter
On 28/06/2022 at 17:45, tshape said:

Dublin Castle in Camden on Saturday neet for gf's dad's Buzzcocks tribute....Buzzkocks.

Went in there when our game at Southend was postponed a few years ago, there’s a cracking history to that gaff

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Only just realised Michael Monroe is playing with GnR. Love Hanoi Rocks and actually his last single was great -  sadly overlooked Rock n Roll band and got overtaken in the US by all the cartoonish rubbish of LA hair metal, which missed out on all the punk, Bowie, Johnny Thunders influenced stuff from this band.

You might be interested to know that Michael Monroe is fronting a reunion tour for Lords of the New Church featuring original Damned guitarist Brian James. Sadly the original lead singer Stiv Bators is no longer with us. 

2 hours ago, Smiley said:

You might be interested to know that Michael Monroe is fronting a reunion tour for Lords of the New Church featuring original Damned guitarist Brian James. Sadly the original lead singer Stiv Bators is no longer with us. 

Sounds great 👍 

You can't put your arms around a memory..

I'll be in my Dead Boys t-shirt tomorrow, let all the Adele fans wear their Primark GnR shirts.

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Went in there when our game at Southend was postponed a few years ago, there’s a cracking history to that gaff

Yeah, everybody has played there they reckon. Looking forward to it. Her dad is buzzing. They're playing at the unveiling of the Pete Shelley memorial in Leigh in a couple of weeks too.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

I was there and so was @cheese

And me watched the headliners at smaller stages over the weekend Eminem Friday night, Ash on the Saturday and Rocket From The Crypt on the Sunday.

As usual spent pretty much all of Sunday at the Concrete Jungle stage apart from Rancid on the main stage. 28 Days who were on the concrete jungle stage at the time played to a pretty much empty tent.

52 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

And me watched the headliners at smaller stages over the weekend Eminem Friday night, Ash on the Saturday and Rocket From The Crypt on the Sunday.

As usual spent pretty much all of Sunday at the Concrete Jungle stage apart from Rancid on the main stage. 28 Days who were on the concrete jungle stage at the time played to a pretty much empty tent.

Always remember Rancid singer dedicating a song to his dead brother. Then organising a circle pit. 

44 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Always remember Rancid singer dedicating a song to his dead brother. Then organising a circle pit. 

There was 2 'pits' at rancid one full of folk skanking away and the other a mosh pit every so often someone would end up in the wrong one look confused then dissappear back to their nominated pit.