Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

Really not interested in a reply but for those who don’t support the knee taking, who feel it’s ok to boo, feel it’s ok to ignore the gesture think of this.

Imagine signing for a club, fans are excited to see you play, you upsticks with your family, you’re excited to play, you train hard, you work your way into the team, because of the current situation there’s the issue of taking the knee, now imagine all your teammates, staff and gaffer support this. 

You put on the shirt, walk out and the crowd roars. 

As a show of solidarity to players who have or could suffer racism, you take the knee, and you hear one of your own fans boo. Doesn’t matter the reason but try and imagine that feeling what that would feel like, the mental effect that would have on you, the thoughts that would go through your head 

Imagine going online and forget the abuse but people online typing I’m sick of all this anti racism being rammed down my throat, yawn, just get on with football etc

Could you imagine how that would make a new player to our wonderful football club would feel, all because their skin is a different colour.

Ive had racist abuse when I’ve played at a low level, I’ve had it when I’ve been a wanderers fan from opposition, I’ve had it from fans when I’ve worked for football clubs. 

All those times stick with you, imprinted in your mind for a long long time, I can still see the Stoke fan now, and the Chelsea fan now. 

BWFC is a community  club, I feel proud to be a lifelong supporter , I have met some incredible people off here and at games who I consider mates and not one of them would even consider my skin colour as any kind of issue, but some posts on here lately have left this incredibly sour taste in my mouth, it sticks with you, whether they’re racist, ignorant or just stubborn and stuck in their views it’s made me feel anxious about going to the game tomorrow which is utterly utterly insane. 

Now if you feel as though it’s being rammed down your throat, or just want players to get on with the game because you’re bored of it

Imagine how you would feel if you were me.

I keep getting sucked into these threads even when I say I won’t because it’s an issue that effects me but this is the last I’ll say on it (I hope 😁)

This just THIS.

I have read most of the threads where this is raised and I don't comment as I don't think I can quite articulate what I want to or am often catching up. But when one of our own can describe their feelings and experiences of racism and why this means something to them then I just don't understand how anyone can take an opposite view. 

I need to do more, we all need to do more to tackle these issues which impact people in our community which ate not obviously apparent because due to a biological difference we can never really comprehend.

Rudy I don't know you, but the fact you are a fellow wanderer us all that matters. I might see you tomorrow at Ipswich 

• Members

Been away for a few days so just catching up. Sad news that one of our own players has had to endure this and, as the wise MK said, let's hope the club find the idiot responsible and apply an appropriate punishment.

Other than that, overall view of this thread as expected. Common sense comments from Paul Hanley, Mounts and others (special mention for Jimmy Riddle). The usual 'I am superior' shite from Cheese hijacking a thread and being the usual uber cunt and one bloke whose favourite word he should really associate with egg and chips from time to time. Amazing how someone campaigning against insults gets almost orgasmic pleasure from mention a pig product wherever he possibly can. Then of course there are the bulk seeking to display to the world that they are more virtuous than the next bloke. No zeal whatsoever for any pale skinned player suffering abuse mind.

The fact that every single one of us seems to condemn racism seems to be lost on those hell bent on proving that the UK (or even the Western world) is inherently and incurably racist when it so clearly is not (just a few utter nobhead keyboard warriors excepted and I suspect that a good number of them are simply attention seeking shock jocks). What they really seek is to dominate and impose their opinions on every other fucker and no differing views should be tolerated. Funny how these types are usually the first to label others nazi's.

17 hours ago, Cheese said:

In what way do I "enjoy a social media pile on"?

Who is more likely to disagree with our players taking the knee? Racists, or non-racists? On this issue, you definitely stand with the racists.

No pile on is a legitimate pile on unless Gonzo is there to officiate/join in !

Pale skinned 😄😄 Sorry, its just at times you don't half walk into being a parody of yourself. No offense, we all do on occasion.

Its good to know the players will still be taking the knee tomorrow as a gesture of anti-racism, especially after this week. Some call it virtue signalling, some call it a neo liberalist, leftist, woke plot to suppress free speech. I think many see it as a gesture of uniting against all forms of discrimination. It also surfaces this debate, which whilst headbangingly circular in nature at times is absolutely needed. Suppression on either side is not needed.

Makes you proud to be a supporter of a club trying its best at all levels (beyond taking a knee) to be an inclusive organisation so that everyone feels welcome. If that helps young supporters from whatever background, race, sexuality feel safe and included that's real progress in action as I'm hopeful we can all agree on despite our disagreements on methods 👍 

So perhaps we should cut down on the bickering and get behind the club trying to achieve fundamentally good aims. If folk don't like the knee, what else would people like to see the club do to ensure it makes itself accessible to the whole of the community?

This debate has flown right over my head .........I dont really know what woke means , I certainly am confused about the virtue thing ....I was always under the impression that a virtue was a good thing and I have no clue about gammon unless it refers to some kind of pork product and what that could infer , but then I am a child of the 80's .

So for the hard of thinking (ie me) can we deconstruct this to say racism bad , inclusion good . ? 

It would really help me to know whats what and be much better for my narcissistic rage . 🙂

Virtue = good

Virtue signalling (basically being like everyone else and doing nothing but making it seem as though you are morally better) See flags on Facebook as an example = Bad

Gammon (adj) - those of a certain age, usually male but not exclusively- who get red in the face about Virtue signalling (see above) 

Woke or WOKE! - those of a usually younger demographic who Virtue signal to look down on Gammons. 

17 minutes ago, tomski said:

With @waddy256on this. No idea what the name calling actually means and to be honest I’m not that arsed to learn. 

Let’s hope everyone at the match shows Kachunga we are behind him and it gauges a good response from him and the team. COYWM. 

This is where we all should be; supporting Kachunga after some idiot who needs a good kicking racially abused our lad

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Whoosh ….thread & a half 

two points 1) I can see where PH is coming from & the threat of totalitarian behaviour, people who boo the taking the knee are exercising their individual rights even if most of us think they are perverse.

2) From Rudy’s perspective it’s a more straightforward problem , why would fans boo something that is essentially a positive move against racism?

Recent phenomenon such as COVID have made us all a bit knee-jerk .

someone who decides not to take the vaccine is not necessarily an anti-Vaxer they just might feel it’s not for them.

We are a hairs breadth away from saying ‘If your not with us your against us’

dangerous stuff.

And people who excitedly post when non vaxxed people die from Covid are as bad if not worse than racists but yet nobody calls them out.... 

Here is the endless cycle:

There is an incident and the R is bandied about sometime rightly sometimes wrongly.

One side gets angry saying it is the R word, the other side get angry with the first side saying the R is used too much.(maybe Woke is used)

The first side then arrange a protest and say if you do not agree you are a gammon and standing alongside racists,

Side 2 say these protests are virtue signalling and WOKE is now in caps 

Side 1 are now determined side 2 will not win the argument and GAMMON becomes also in caps or even a meme. 

Side 2 refuse to listen to the concerns of people regarding the protests and insist they have as much right to counter protest or boo. (They may mention Brexit , the queen and less so this week Boris)

Side 1 counter with saying if you are anti some thing anti you are a supporter. (They may mention the NHS workers rights and Equality)

Side 2 continue to use WOKE as an insult and claim the vast majority are on their side, taking a election result 3-4 years ago as proof

Side 1 continue to use GAMMON and continually ask why people are anti something anti 

Side 2 give a variety of reasons ranging from politics to it having no place in sport  etc etc

Side 1 return to any of the above points

Side 2 return to any of the above points

Both sides attempt to find minor contradictions in the other sides comments, never mind the substance when you can point out a missed colon from 3 years ago.

The fact is the vast majority on both sides are not racist, the vast majority of people do not care about the protest most people simply do not care enough to protest for or against but social media has created this echo chamber where whatever your view you can find experts who will confirm, if you look equally hard on the other side just as many experts will disprove it. 

11 minutes ago, Ani said:

There is an incident and the R is bandied about sometime rightly sometimes wrongly.

One side gets angry saying it is the R word, the other side get angry with the first side saying the R is used too much.(maybe Woke is used)

The first side then arrange a protest and say if you do not agree you are a gammon and standing alongside racists,

Side 1 are now determined side 2 will not win the argument and GAMMON becomes also in caps or even a meme. 

Side 2 refuse to listen to the concerns of people regarding the protests and insist they have as much right to counter protest or boo. (They may mention Brexit , the queen and less so this week Boris)

Side 1 counter with saying if you are anti some thing anti you are a supporter. (They may mention the NHS workers rights and Equality)

Side 2 continue to use WOKE as an insult and claim the vast majority are on their side, taking a election result 3-4 years ago as proof

Side 1 continue to use GAMMON and continually ask why people are anti something anti 

Side 2 give a variety of reasons ranging from politics to it having no place in sport  etc etc

Both sides attempt to find minor contradictions in the other sides comments, never mind the substance when you can point out a missed colon from 3 years ago.

The fact is the vast majority on both sides are not racist, the vast majority of people do not care about the protest most people simply do not care enough to protest for or against but social media has created this echo chamber where whatever your view you can find experts who will confirm, if you look equally hard on the other side just as many experts will disprove it. 

But but but if you disagree with the knee but but but 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

You do not count, I have you on ignore 😎😚

🥰😎
I also think grown men on here calling folk gammon and racist is pathetic as fuck. The thread should be shoved in the bin now along with all the others where this has taken over. Same old same old every time 

Edited by Escobarp

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

🥰😎
I also think grown men on here calling folk gammon and racist is pathetic as fuck. The thread should be shoved in the bin now along with all the others where this has taken over. Same old same old every time 

Aye and same applies to virtue signalling and woke, as I said yesterday 2 sides of the same coin  

Keep this up I will take you off ignore

Edited by Ani

6 hours ago, Ani said:

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by Dr. Feelgood