Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, tomski said:

Need a season ticket 

Home match ticket is usually ok. If in doubt, the little grey haired guy used to be a fireman at Hindley. Can’t recall his name but just look at him as of you know him and ask, “Did I once work with you at Hindley fire station?”

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Home match ticket is usually ok. If in doubt, the little grey haired guy used to be a fireman at Hindley. Can’t recall his name but just look at him as of you know him and ask, “Did I once work with you at Hindley fire station?”

My cousin works as a fire steward and was also a fireman at Hindley. Not sure if your referring to the same one or someone else who was also a firemen at Hindley?

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Elvis said:

My cousin works as a fire steward and was also a fireman at Hindley. Not sure if your referring to the same one or someone else who was also a firemen at Hindley?

This bloke is about 5’5” and isn’t a fire steward. What’s your cousin’s name? There used to be a few Hindley firemen working as Fire Stewards back in the PL days. At least you knew they’d know what to do in the event of a fire. Not so sure these days.

Ones I recall are Jimmy F and Steve P.

36 minutes ago, MickyD said:

This bloke is about 5’5” and isn’t a fire steward. What’s your cousin’s name? There used to be a few Hindley firemen working as Fire Stewards back in the PL days. At least you knew they’d know what to do in the event of a fire. Not so sure these days.

Ones I recall are Jimmy F and Steve P.

Steve  M

18 hours ago, MickyD said:

Did he used to do a bit of stewarding at Leigh RL?

41 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Can't be arsed faffing around Middlebrook if gonna be difficult to get a drink. Wheres best place to come of M61 northbound for a pint, within 10/15mins of ground? Will just drive on before kick-off. Cheers

Where you flying in from?

I'll be back by then but be picking my Dad and mate up from Rochdale, usually just park at Holiday Inn and go in Harvesters/Scotts, but if gonna be manic can't be arsed tbh, just want a couple of pints before maybe some lunch. 

Alternative is a few in Manc and come up on train.

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Takes an age to get down to the ground from the roundabout near Royal Oak though.

Yeah and will be worse on Saturday with them scumbags coming up Dicconson Lane.  It's easily walkable from there though and the pub will probably be fine with leaving your car on their car park if you've eaten there.

4 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Wagon and Horses on Chorley Road has reopened and are doing a lot of promotions on food and drink at the moment.

Not a bad shout that. Home cooked food, open from 10am, a few cask ales & footy on the telly if theres an early game on. Shortcut down Wingates lane towards the stadium & plenty of street parking near the old British aerospace/opposite Barnstormers.

Edited by Burndens Bogs