Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

charity event tonight

victor meldrew

• Site Supporter

A great night was had. I’d told MrsD to get her gladrags on then son jumped on it and persuaded her to allow him to attend instead. 

A great night was had, players chatted, H was at his entertaining best. Thanks for everything.

1 hour ago, waddy256 said:

The Saturday night event was amazing !

Gethin did his family proud an his speech made the venue very dusty . Had the pleasure of talking to his younger siblings , who were happy but sad at the same time obviously.

I dont think anyone is unaware of just how cruel a disease it is and fast one can deteriorate .

The food was fantastic but the company was better . Henrik and Stelios were an absolute please to chat to , Stelios has worked with the Greek FA for a while , done all his coaching badges and is now looking for a job In England ...(HINT HINT) 

Mike Whitlow gave up his promotion medal for auction which was an amazing touch and I should have bought it but I was in the gents .

Ricardo Santos is not as big as you think but probably the friendliest gentle giant you could meet. Probably a 28 inch waist but muscles on his muscles, very ready with the bear hugs too . Mashed by the end of the night.

Alex Baptiste couldnt get enough of the fans and bought a round of Jaeger but he was probably the most drunk man the world has ever seen (no wonder he is on Dioralyte)

Later after the doo and back in the hotel ....

David Wheater , who is a fuckin huge unit , was a star ... let slip some stuff about Oldham , and his Massive regret about leaving Wanderers (at this point there were 3 people in the bar including me and him so no reason to doubt)

last Orders at 02:15 ....the   team came down at 02:00 and forced the bar to stay open until they said otherwise.

Ian Evatt ...a man of very few words , maybe checking on the team , maybe not happy that one of his defenders told him to fuck off....but polite and happy to shake hands.

Izzy ...delighted to be here . loving it but admitted he was blowing out his arse playing wing back , but he'll do whatever for the cause.

Dapo really happy , enjoying his football , playing with a smile on his face , trying to not bite back when he gets kicked shitless cos it would let the team down , even tho he is frustrated as fuck at times.

Gethin Jones....absolutely overwhelmed to the point of tears thru out the night , really cannot believe the support  and whilst , and I agree, Everton lead the line in community endeavours , he  is home.

MJ Williams ...6'4" , quiet and considered until I went to bed at 03:30 ...who knows after that

Harry Brockbank ......Mouth of the north lol , living his best life but nearly got the bar closed for not paying his tab.

Liam Gordon .....5'6" , looks 12 yrs but an absolute gent who is happy to be involved , living it up but is sooooo small .

Kieren Lee , didnt really want to be involved after the meal .....yes he is sexy but only an Oliver Hardy moustache away from looking like Adolf. Quiet and unassuming .

Michael James , big bloke , caught me and some random talking about him at the bottom of the stairs , more than happy to have a chat with 2 pissed wrecks , great guy but didnt like my "joke" about speak of the devil and the devil appears.....said "Im not ken anderson "

Finally Auntie Sharon .... A pure delight , in it for the long time , totally in love with the club ...no heirs and graces , loves to chat to anyone ...even me...really interesting to hear he take on social media and what it did to to the team at the start of last year . God fearing woman , in touch with her roots .
We are lucky to have her , she believes in community and how a town revolves around it . passed down from her dad and grandad , just dont ask who she supports !

Hope this of interest , if not feel free to delete.!

Quality post that Waddy, gutted to have missed it but an early start this morning dictated otherwise.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, waddy256 said:

The Saturday night event was amazing !

Gethin did his family proud an his speech made the venue very dusty . Had the pleasure of talking to his younger siblings , who were happy but sad at the same time obviously.

I dont think anyone is unaware of just how cruel a disease it is and fast one can deteriorate .

The food was fantastic but the company was better . Henrik and Stelios were an absolute please to chat to , Stelios has worked with the Greek FA for a while , done all his coaching badges and is now looking for a job In England ...(HINT HINT) 

Mike Whitlow gave up his promotion medal for auction which was an amazing touch and I should have bought it but I was in the gents .

Ricardo Santos is not as big as you think but probably the friendliest gentle giant you could meet. Probably a 28 inch waist but muscles on his muscles, very ready with the bear hugs too . Mashed by the end of the night.

Alex Baptiste couldnt get enough of the fans and bought a round of Jaeger but he was probably the most drunk man the world has ever seen (no wonder he is on Dioralyte)

Later after the doo and back in the hotel ....

David Wheater , who is a fuckin huge unit , was a star ... let slip some stuff about Oldham , and his Massive regret about leaving Wanderers (at this point there were 3 people in the bar including me and him so no reason to doubt)

last Orders at 02:15 ....the   team came down at 02:00 and forced the bar to stay open until they said otherwise.

Ian Evatt ...a man of very few words , maybe checking on the team , maybe not happy that one of his defenders told him to fuck off....but polite and happy to shake hands.

Izzy ...delighted to be here . loving it but admitted he was blowing out his arse playing wing back , but he'll do whatever for the cause.

Dapo really happy , enjoying his football , playing with a smile on his face , trying to not bite back when he gets kicked shitless cos it would let the team down , even tho he is frustrated as fuck at times.

Gethin Jones....absolutely overwhelmed to the point of tears thru out the night , really cannot believe the support  and whilst , and I agree, Everton lead the line in community endeavours , he  is home.

MJ Williams ...6'4" , quiet and considered until I went to bed at 03:30 ...who knows after that

Harry Brockbank ......Mouth of the north lol , living his best life but nearly got the bar closed for not paying his tab.

Liam Gordon .....5'6" , looks 12 yrs but an absolute gent who is happy to be involved , living it up but is sooooo small .

Kieren Lee , didnt really want to be involved after the meal .....yes he is sexy but only an Oliver Hardy moustache away from looking like Adolf. Quiet and unassuming .

Michael James , big bloke , caught me and some random talking about him at the bottom of the stairs , more than happy to have a chat with 2 pissed wrecks , great guy but didnt like my "joke" about speak of the devil and the devil appears.....said "Im not ken anderson "

Finally Auntie Sharon .... A pure delight , in it for the long time , totally in love with the club ...no heirs and graces , loves to chat to anyone ...even me...really interesting to hear he take on social media and what it did to to the team at the start of last year . God fearing woman , in touch with her roots .
We are lucky to have her , she believes in community and how a town revolves around it . passed down from her dad and grandad , just dont ask who she supports !

Hope this of interest , if not feel free to delete.!

Enjoyed reading that.

No talk on Sarcevic?