Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mr & Mrs Jason Kenny

MickyD

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Same dudes calling Blair a war criminal are same championing their hero Maggie Thatcher for leading us in to war over an island of puffins and penguins and sinking a ship sailing away from battle.

Sinking the Belgrano is believed by military folk to have saved many lives in the end.

They didn't put their navy out afterwards iirc.

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

How many killed in Afghanistan and for what?

Thing with Afghanistan, the might of Russia (Soviet Union) tried and failed to topple the Taliban. Was it a dick-swinging attempt by Blair and Bush with UK and USA almost saying, right, we’ve seen how you’ve fucked it up, now stand aside; we’ll show you how it should’ve been done.

I wouldn’t mind, the Americans have a history of trying to fight against folk who could walk amongst them as “friends” one minute enjoying the Hearts and Minds efforts whilst going home, changing hats and fighting the very folk they were befriended by earlier in the day.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Thing with Afghanistan, the might of Russia (Soviet Union) tried and failed to topple the Taliban. Was it a dick-swinging attempt by Blair and Bush with UK and USA almost saying, right, we’ve seen how you’ve fucked it up, now stand aside; we’ll show you how it should’ve been done.

I wouldn’t mind, the Americans have a history of trying to fight against folk who could walk amongst them as “friends” one minute enjoying the Hearts and Minds efforts whilst going home, changing hats and fighting the very folk they were befriended by earlier in the day.

It's well documented that they sway with the breeze Taliban Monday Kabul Dibble by Friday. There's a book called The Sling and The Stone that predicted all that twenty years ago.

Leave 'em to it.

Law unto itself that gaff.

Training and hardware left and some twats in eyeliner and jewelled sandals retake it in ten minutes.

Trump was a complete twat but like a broken clock he was actually right on this issue.

Terrorism is alive and well - but in Brussels and Basildon and Budapest. The threat exists in the ether not in the fucking Tora Bora Caves.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I think major honours are dished out like confetti. To paraphrase Brian Potter about Steve Redgrave - "what are they doing chucking knighthoods at boat people?"

Still, having said that, well done. Do they get a seat in the Lord's and Camelot?

No, don't think so.

"Lord Kenny of the Levers" has a ring to it though. 😀

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Id say sorting out Northern Ireland is worthy of a knighthood tbh.

Never get the Blair bashing. The whole world was baying for blood after 9/11. We smashed Al Qeida, nobbled Bin Laden. We were always going to follow our closest allies in to Iraq. All these right leaning folk pontificating about it now weren't so vocal at the time. 

Add to that the the state of schools and education before he took over. The investment was unprecedented. 

Nobody gets everything right, but fuck me, a Blair v Johnson?

No contest.

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No, don't think so.

"Lord Kenny of the Levers" has a ring to it though. 😀

Camelot shut down ages ago.

And not GL or LL.

He's from north Farnworth - the border between GL and Farnworth is defined by Will Hill Brook* and The Doe Heys.

*aka The Dell Stream.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

300k signed a petition to reverse Blair’s knighthood. One day. 300k people. Has to be debated in parliament now I believe. 

won’t get reversed but be interesting to hear the debate 

Not arsed either way but petitions mean fuck all these days, as no one goes to the effort of actually signing anything 

Few shares and clicks on social media and away you go  

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Zico said:

Not arsed either way but petitions mean fuck all these days, as no one goes to the effort of actually signing anything 

Few shares and clicks on social media and away you go  

Aye

300k karens wasting time when we should be trying to run the country

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

300k signed a petition to reverse Blair’s knighthood. One day. 300k people. Has to be debated in parliament now I believe. 

won’t get reversed but be interesting to hear the debate 

That's pretty quick to be fair. 

Even if it's the Karen brigade it takes a few days for them to stop reposting missing dogs from california in 2013 to sign up for a petition they've not even read the title of. 

12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'll leave you lot to fight over his place of upbringing.

No fighting - Rudy went to school with him.

I went to a wake at his house and had a kickabout with him (when he was a kid).

He's a nice lad.

Farnworth begins at Plodder Lane for me.

Nowt up with Farnworth either.

I lived there the first four years of my life - all I can remember is Zest soap, Charley's Angels, Ringos and Stardrops disinfectant.

And it was central Farnworth.

Oh aye my great aunt took me to the newish Asda to buy bread.

She bought me a Freddo from the kiosk near the precinct/bus station.