Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe (A)

Leyther_Matt

2 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

These lot ain't looking forward to coming to our place.

Bolton really are the nastiest bunch of supporters I've ever had the displeasure to come across. Really not surprised that they were attacking disabled and children after the game on Saturday. Easy targets for drunken scum. It's nothing new for them and I'll never forget that they stabbed a young Blackpool fan to death at Blackpool Bloomfield Road in the seventies. He was the same age as me at the time and it sends a chill down your spine to realise what they are capable of. You would like to think that in this day and age mass hooliganism was a thing of the past but it appears to be getting worse again.

That brings me on to the game at Bolton. In their last two games reports from that area give accounts of attacks on Cambridge and Sunderland fans. Sunderland had 5,000 there so what chance have we got??

Hopefully GMP are on the ball for our game and stamp on their hooligans good and hard. We like many others have tickets for the rearranged fixture but being exiles will have to drive in so not sure what's going to happen afterwards. After Saturday I actually hate the idea of giving that scummy club a penny of my money but we do need to support our club so I guess we'll put on our tin hats and crack on. Not a penny more for food and drink though and if we play them again at the Mazuma hopefully give them the absolute minimum amount of tickets we are allowed to.

Rant over but still fuming after Saturday.

If they’re hoping for protection they’re going to be really upset once they meet our stewards.. 

I think there are a couple of other things away from Saturday's events that are driving this little seaside tantrum.

1. We pipped them to promotion last year and won 0-1 at theirs with supporters outside.

2. Evatt took Barrow back in to the football league. They have a very old rivalry with Barrow. 

Have Fleetwood, Salford and Accrington found reasons to hate us yet just so we can complete the full set? 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

I was pretty hammered but did not see a single thing all day between fans. 

The pubs of Morecambe seemed to be happy with the business. 

Are they still saying nothing racist was said ? 

i was about 10yrds away from the bloke/lad launched the cone, someone smacked in seconds.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, paulhanley said:

What a magnificent Des McBain inspired campaign that was. Along with the one to stamp out bad language at Burnden.

Led to the Manny Road North chanting "Your gonna get your flippin heads kicked in"! 

He’s here, he’s there, we’re not allowed to swear, Peter Reid, Peter Reid.

58 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I think there are a couple of other things away from Saturday's events that are driving this little seaside tantrum.

1. We pipped them to promotion last year and won 0-1 at theirs with supporters outside.

2. Evatt took Barrow back in to the football league. They have a very old rivalry with Barrow. 

Have Fleetwood, Salford and Accrington found reasons to hate us yet just so we can complete the full set? 

They’ve about 500 real fans between them, so doubt we’ll ever hear it anyhow. 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Ani said:

Are they still saying nothing racist was said ?

I’ve been working at The Whites Hotel today. IE came and sat near us this morning. Couldn’t help eaves dropping as he got very animated and vocal on his mobile. Jist of the conversation was he was still backing his/staffs actions, repeating that they’d been verbally abused from minute one, how can they deflect from the real issue, he was backing Baptiste’s actions/words at one point. 

All of which suggests there’s still an element of self-denial and deflection from whoever was on the other end of the call!

I did hear from the horses mouth when I had a brief chat with him that Santos card had been rescinded - he seemed to smile at this point and it stopped steam coming out of his ears 😂

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Can’t wait for their last game of the season. Maybe they’d be best advised to all stay away from their ground and allow Sunderland fans to have all nearly 6000 tickets. 

The way Sunderland are going, they may have nothing left to play for. May not need that many..

• The topic was unpinned
  • 11 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Problems if anyone is hoping to travel by train to this game on March 4th.

No trains going through Preston station every weekend from 18 February to 12 March. All lines are closed from Wigan/Preston to Lancaster.

There’s bus replacement services but I imagine these will be mobbed at weekends.

15 minutes ago, Steejay said:

No trains going through Preston station every weekend from 18 February to 12 March. All lines are closed from Wigan/Preston to Lancaster.

There’s bus replacement services but I imagine these will be mobbed at weekends.

Look Away Sonic The Hedgehog GIF by Mashed

3 hours ago, Steejay said:

At least I can’t miss the last train this year then 🙈

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Because we can’t behave would be my first guess.

Is the correct answer!

It always makes me laugh though. Those that will drink loads before the match, still will. However, after the match, they'll be out longer in the town, especially at a seaside resort!

Very counter productive. FIO's, clueless