Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pie Saturday back on

embankment

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Allocation of 3k apparently 

That's a reduced allocation too isn't it? 

I've the same dilemma as everyone else.  I don't want to be at their promotion party, I don't want to put a feckin penny in their coffers and I don't want to watch another gubbing with McLean gesturing in our direction and then blubbing to the press when he's been given stick.

But it's an old tradition that we take over their place when we play them and I really want to be there when we smash the in-bred c*nts.

What's a bloke to do...🤔

19 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I've the same dilemma as everyone else.  I don't want to be at their promotion party, I don't want to put a feckin penny in their coffers and I don't want to watch another gubbing with McLean gesturing in our direction and then blubbing to the press when he's been given stick.

But it's an old tradition that we take over their place when we play them and I really want to be there when we smash the in-bred c*nts.

What's a bloke to do...🤔

Yeah that seems to be doing the rounds 3k our lot, going to be an in & out job this the police will no doubt be bell ends so won’t lose sleep over missing a few beers 

99% out. First time I will have missed this fixture years but a combination of things (staying over an hour from home the night before so having to fuck about in the morning/ fancying a festival in Manchester/the very real belief that I'd just leave the match pissed off anyway) have just about pulled me away from it.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

What's a bloke to do...🤔

They cant be promoted by the time they play us

In my humble opinion we need to reinstate some of the 1980s songbook for when we play these. Two spring to mind but there were a few others too.

"Hark now hear, the Burnden sing, the Wigan run away" 

Or the simple but effective: 

"Run, run, run, run Wigan, run, run, run, run Wigan" 

Hearing those golden oldies swirling around the dismal Wigan environs will send shivers down a few spines.

3 hours ago, paulhanley said:

In my humble opinion we need to reinstate some of the 1980s songbook for when we play these. Two spring to mind but there were a few others too.

Hearing those golden oldies swirling around the dismal Wigan environs will send shivers down a few spines.

Run run wherever you may be

We are the BWFC

And We'll twat you all <mind gone blank>

And put you in the infirmary

Whats the missing bit? 😆

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Run run wherever you may be

We are the BWFC

And We'll twat you all <mind gone blank>

And put you in the infirmary

Whats the missing bit? 😆

I think it's "Wherever You May Be" again although one of the two may have been "Whoever"

15 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Trouble is, those songs were sung back when we had lads who didn’t actually run away themselves.

Not convinced we have that luxury these days. 😂