Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless stadium

Horwich

7 hours ago, marple whites said:

So many scams / fraud now with internet banking and credit cards - it’s frightening.

I have a customer that lost 6 figures.

cash all day for me.

its only like some Cunt 

cleaning some Old Bastards gutters out 

and charging them the £3000 CASH they have under there piss stained Bed 

9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Sorry just seen this thread.

What's the issue? I don't even have a card anymore, everything is on my phone. Can't even remember the last time I had cash, or even a wallet.

I’m the same but it’s daft to a knowledge it’s not an issue for some.

38 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

I dont see a problem for any adult using a card but for a kid of say 12 who has been given a tenner off his mam to go to match- what thoughts have gone into this ?   

The 12 year old is likely to be more tech savvy

• Moderators
2 hours ago, W.cramp said:

I dont see a problem for any adult using a card but for a kid of say 12 who has been given a tenner off his mam to go to match- what thoughts have gone into this ?   

my mates kid is 13

she has a gohenry card

and another bank card her dad keeps topped up with cash for when she needs it

the kids seem ready for a cashless society

On 21/07/2022 at 17:19, gonzo said:

Absolute bollocks this.

Not just in this case, in life in general.

Its a civil fucking right to pay how you see fit. 

And it’s the club’s right to do what they think is best, see if it pans out.

• Site Supporter

In seriousness.  Iamout.

Pissed up Barry spends enough at the bar when I take cash out.  Pissed up Barry certainly cant be trusted with his bank card.

In fact, I'm not sure you should be allowed to pay for alcohol with a credit/debit card at all.

What happens when I spend far far to much.  They arent supposed to serve you if your 'drunk' are they?  Is there a compensation claim in there?

I was leathered and you took advantage by allowing me to continue to use my bank card to buy more beer.  Now Virgin has been cut off and the rents overdue.

Never trusted it in the past. Now I'm too lazy to do it any other way.

No more coming in with pockets full of shrapnel because I'm too wankered too reckon up. You also free up valuable supping time not pissing about with cash...and if we're all being honest that's the only thing that matters

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

In seriousness.  Iamout.

Pissed up Barry spends enough at the bar when I take cash out.  Pissed up Barry certainly cant be trusted with his bank card.

In fact, I'm not sure you should be allowed to pay for alcohol with a credit/debit card at all.

What happens when I spend far far to much.  They arent supposed to serve you if your 'drunk' are they?  Is there a compensation claim in there?

I was leathered and you took advantage by allowing me to continue to use my bank card to buy more beer.  Now Virgin has been cut off and the rents overdue.

It's not the club's job to babysit you because you can't control how much you drink.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

In seriousness.  Iamout.

This happened to former poster MG White at Middlesborough.  He was arrested for d&d and expected a banning order.

His brief successfully argued that MG White had been drinking in town and had entered the ground already drunk. 

1 Stewards should have prevented him entering a sports ground whilst drink as it is against the law to do so. 

2 The bar staff have a duty of care and shouldn't have served an obviously drunk customer with more alcohol as it is against the law to do so. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, marple whites said:

So many scams / fraud now with internet banking and credit cards - it’s frightening.

I have a customer that lost 6 figures.

cash all day for me.

where was your customer using a card to get stung for 100K+?

each to their own like, but what do you use at the supermarket for big shops, and petrol?

aren't you just as likely to get stung using a cash point? or  is cash point fraud a thing of the post (like when they used to put card readers into cash slots)

Spent yesterday at Old Trafford selling raffle tickets as a favour to the club. Said to the club it could be difficult as most people didn’t use cash these days. You’d be surprised they said. I was surprised. Walking around, dodging the rain, managed to sell a lot, all cash. Some said they had no cash but I put that down to them not wanting to buy a ticket.