Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The fight was fuelled by drug money and crime, on both sides. Whether it was here, or in Jamaica, someone was being affected sooner or later. Shipping them off to the Caribbean solves very little in what is a complex issue. 

It's mad how something so complex can be portrayed as 'lawyers and liberal do-gooders are responsible'. And people lap it all up. 

That's a difficult question. Brings the whole debate around legalising drugs into question. IMO if you're dabbling in the stuff, whilst violent crime is in such a dire state, then you're a huge part of the problem. I'd have very hefty fines for possession that goes into rehabilitation and early prevention. I'd also have drug and violent crime awareness courses for anyone found in possession to allow them understand just how much fire they’refuelling. 

Shipping them off to the Caribbean would make a couple of prison cells become vacant here saving a few million a year in costs and saves a man his life. 

Agree with the rehab part but it’s never going to happen is it. There’s to many people at it. Pretty much any pub on any given weekend (and through the week in many cases) it’s full of young and old queueing outside cubicles or sniffing it off tables depending where you drink. The police don’t have the resources. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Ani said:

Are we saying this guy should have been deported because he was a criminal ?

But when deportation came up it was rejected by the court ? 

So the issue is the rules as it in various areas relating to immigration. The Tories have had 12 years to sort this out and have failed miserably, more bothered about headlines than details and actions as usual. 

My understanding is that they were being deported- that bit had already been carried out. A judge heard an appeal, backed by plenty to pause it.

Therein is the issue, we have a system that allows such people so many opportunities. 

I agree that it hasn't been addressed anywhere near well enough; fixing it however requires that people accept some significant changes to the way things are done, and don't immediately jump on the human rights bandwagon or some such. 

The legal aid system for example needs re-examination and reform.

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

My understanding is that they were being deported- that bit had already been carried out. A judge heard an appeal, backed by plenty to pause it.

Therein is the issue, we have a system that allows such people so many opportunities. 

I agree that it hasn't been addressed anywhere near well enough; fixing it however requires that people accept some significant changes to the way things are done, and don't immediately jump on the human rights bandwagon or some such. 

The legal aid system for example needs re-examination and reform.

Nothing to disagree with there. You need a strong Govt with a real plan to tackle the issues, silly shit like Rwanda becomes a distraction from the real challenges. 
People are filling up hotels with Asylum Seekers because the application process is broken, fix that and either fuck them off or getting into society and working. Saying people should be working during their application process be that fruit picking, cleaning bogs or representing us in the Olympics seems so obvious. 

29 minutes ago, royal white said:

Shipping them off to the Caribbean would make a couple of prison cells become vacant here saving a few million a year in costs and saves a man his life. 

The dead guy was an armed drug dealer, not a pillar of society. If this father/son combo didn't kill him, somebody else would have at some point, it sort of goes with the job.

So, we've one armed drug dealer dead and two criminals banged up. How's that not a result?

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

The dead guy was an armed drug dealer, not a pillar of society. If this father/son combo didn't kill him, somebody else would have at some point, it sort of goes with the job.

So, we've one armed drug dealer dead and two criminals banged up. How's that not a result?

That armed drug dealer could have gone in one of the 2 cells that would have been vacant and innocent men, Women and kids wouldn’t of had to see 2 dicks playing Dogtanian on the street in broad daylight 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, royal white said:

That armed drug dealer could have gone in one of the 2 cells that would have been vacant and innocent men, Women and kids wouldn’t of had to see 2 dicks playing Dogtanian on the street in broad daylight 

Just out of curiosity, what's made you so interested in this murder? Where did you first hear about it?

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Just out of curiosity, what's made you so interested in this murder? Where did you first hear about it?

First new about it when the video went viral. Heard more about it the last few days because it’s all over the press. 

Why do you ask. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

First new about it when the video went viral. Heard more about it the last few days because it’s all over the press. 

Why do you ask. 

As I said - out of curiosity. I must have missed the viral video as the first I heard of it was you talking about it on here.

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I wonder how many folk express outrage at the human rights lawyers stopping deportation flights, yet continue to dabble in cocaine at the weekends? 

Class A drug use is at record levels in football matches; it has also been found to be rife in the toilets at Westminster and media offices alike. Those buying it are fuelling murders like this far more than a human rights lawyer ffs. 

None of the media report on how old this scumbag was when he came here. I don't know either, but if it's anything like others on the flight then he came when Caribbean  folk were invited and documents weren't required. He now had a family. So of course all of this is going to complicate his deportation and others on that flight. 

We don't solve the drug crisis and violent crime by shipping Caribbean folk who came here as children back to their country of birth. If only it were that simple. 

Is it your preference that dangerous criminals are stopped from being deported so they can commit crimes here thus making our country a less safer place? 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Is it your preference that dangerous criminals are stopped from being deported so they can commit crimes here thus making our country a less safer place? 

What a ridiculously loaded question.  😂

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Nothing to disagree with there. You need a strong Govt with a real plan to tackle the issues, silly shit like Rwanda becomes a distraction from the real challenges. 
People are filling up hotels with Asylum Seekers because the application process is broken, fix that and either fuck them off or getting into society and working. Saying people should be working during their application process be that fruit picking, cleaning bogs or representing us in the Olympics seems so obvious. 

Rwanda type process has worked well in Australia. 

It's not silly until it's been tried and shown to be unsuccessful. It has fallen the same way as the people in this story- affected by those lawyers.

Certainly can't let migrants work until being given permission to stay- otherwise it will become an even bigger free for all.

Obviously those waiting to be progressed need to be done so much more quickly, and part of that involves slowing down the rate at which they arrive, as well as reducing the ridiculous access they have to public money.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Traf said:

That's true, one could argue he was never really out of trouble.
The murder was basically the result of him 'winning' a knife fight.

Not a great pic, but he's the one on the right...

Ernesto Elliott, right, killed Nathaniel Eyewu-Ago, on the left, in a knife fight

4 hours ago, DazBob said:

Meh, if he's only murdering someone who is trying to murder him then I'm not arsed.

and it looks more like self defence than murder

oh well

next

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I wonder how many low level drug dealers make it retirement age

35 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Rwanda type process has worked well in Australia. 

It's not silly until it's been tried and shown to be unsuccessful. It has fallen the same way as the people in this story- affected by those lawyers.

Certainly can't let migrants work until being given permission to stay- otherwise it will become an even bigger free for all.

Obviously those waiting to be progressed need to be done so much more quickly, and part of that involves slowing down the rate at which they arrive, as well as reducing the ridiculous access they have to public money.

It is silly as it is not scaleable. The initial scheme was set to take upto 200 people, we had 75k applicants last year. The time and effort that has gone into it makes it a waste. The fact lawyers can get moves there blocked show the scheme is flawed. 

Why can nt migrants work ? Say fruit picking ? I get to some it might be classed slave labour but I would be comfortable with it.