Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln City (A)

burnden

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Probably a good job we’ve got the full end at Lincoln with how many are going to have to end up paying on the day. Likewise at Barnsley is a big end as that’ll be an even bigger walk up. 

Do you think they will allow pay on the day?  I'm never sure if we allow pay on the day at our home games for away fans, I wonder if an Exeter fan could have turned up today and got in?  I'm guessing not as it means a "Bolton fan" that isn't a member and can't get a home ticket could go in the away end?  If I go to Barnsley it will be a late decision so only works if its POTD.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Do you think they will allow pay on the day?  I'm never sure if we allow pay on the day at our home games for away fans, I wonder if an Exeter fan could have turned up today and got in?  I'm guessing not as it means a "Bolton fan" that isn't a member and can't get a home ticket could go in the away end?  If I go to Barnsley it will be a late decision so only works if its POTD.

It was pay on the day last season. Mrs decided she wanted to come at the last minute so I gave her my ticket and I joined the queue to pay for what was left for our end but it sold out while still queuing so I ended up in the home half of the away end. This time around we’ve been allocated the full stand so that gives them a good few more to work with. Traditionally we tend to do well in the school holidays plus the obvious difficulties of people pre buying over the Christmas period. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we might sell more than we have for this one, especially when comparing it to Barnsley sales, which are more than double & impressive.

Lincoln is a much nicer town and we’ve not played them many times over the years. Also most people are off work & it’s a Friday night, so no work the day after neither.

Whereas Barnsley is a complete shithole & is now being played on a day where everyone is back at work the following day.

Anyway there may be a few POTD.

5 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I thought we might sell more than we have for this one, especially when comparing it to Barnsley sales, which are more than double & impressive.

Lincoln is a much nicer town and we’ve not played them many times over the years. Also most people are off work & it’s a Friday night, so no work the day after neither.

Whereas Barnsley is a complete shithole & is now being played on a day where everyone is back at work the following day.

Anyway there may be a few POTD.

Do people really care about whether it's a shithole before deciding to go to an away game?

Unless you're doing a tour of the cathedral, what does it matter if Lincoln is nicer?

Barnsley is a better day on the piss

11 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Do people really care about whether it's a shithole before deciding to go to an away game?

Unless you're doing a tour of the cathedral, what does it matter if Lincoln is nicer?

Barnsley is a better day on the piss

You are correct.

Nobody at all ever considers the town/city we are playing at before they decide whether to go.

And of course Barnsley is a much better day on the piss.

It’s no wonder we’ve sold twice as many really.

How silly of me.

• The topic was pinned
3 hours ago, captainmed said:

You are correct.

Nobody at all ever considers the town/city we are playing at before they decide whether to go.

And of course Barnsley is a much better day on the piss.

It’s no wonder we’ve sold twice as many really.

How silly of me.

Glad you've realised 

It's like saying I'm not going to MK because it's a shit hole 

Even though most won't venture into Milton Keynes 

Season is 9 months long if you run from 1st August to 30th April. 

5 league games every month (4 x Saturday plus a midweek) plus an extra one at Christmas sorts it.

Carabao & Pizza Cups are midweek anyway, so you might just need to move a couple of league games for FA Cup. There's no way we should be playing 15 games from 27th December to 28th February.

On 27/12/2022 at 19:11, captainmed said:

Surprisingly Lincoln are unbeaten at home all season.

Great stat.  Here's another: won twice as many away as at home - 4 away, only beat Derby and Morecambe at home.  Drawn 8!

Only Morecambe have won less home games.

They conceded 3 in the first half at Burton so I'm guessing they'll be desperate for a clean sheet, my money's on 0-0.