Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lincoln City (A)

burnden

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

Walked through the marina bit last season. It looked a good afternoon/night out although the pavement tables probably don’t seem as attractive in December as they had done in August last year.

We were having a few drinks and meal around the marina last year before the game - very civilised 

28 minutes ago, marple whites said:

We were having a few drinks and meal around the marina last year before the game - very civilised 

It has a reputation of not being very friendly on match days by the ground. Think there is some history too

7 hours ago, Ani said:

It has a reputation of not being very friendly on match days by the ground. Think there is some history too

Be bodies and blood everywhere. Probably one or two dead. 

That’s what the ST statement will saying anyway when one person gets nicked 

Lincoln is a nice place and the locals are a friendly bunch.

Everyone we spoke to last night didn’t even know there was a match on tomorrow!!!!!

Yes the ground is in the rough part of town and yes there was a punch or two thrown last season and there were the issues @ The Anchor a couple of years before.

But i seriously would not be concerned at all in Lincoln.

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Yup, being told by stewards to go through a Warren  of terraced houses, with a load of home fans waiting for you .  

I think the ‘issue’ was their pub being smashed up on the day of the cancelled game. Allegedly 😉

• Site Supporter

Wife and I staying at doubletree Hilton on the marina along with the Bolton team 

Also, for the beer aficionados, just after the change from A1 to A57 there is a small brewery called Pheasants Brewery or something. They're doing a deal of 24 bottles for...

Well,  I was going too fast to read it all but it looked a though it was a sale 

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Fucking hell, they weren’t kidding when they christened the walk up to the cathedral as ‘Steep Hill’

Ha, yes it gets steeper the further up you go but lots of nice caffs to stop off at on the way up and worth it when you get there with the castle and cathedral. At Christmas I used to get my pork pie from a butcher in the old square and when it snows you’d believe you were in a Dickens novel with the cobbled streets and little old shops. I loved living there Lincoln’s great.

48 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Ha, yes it gets steeper the further up you go but lots of nice caffs to stop off at on the way up and worth it when you get there with the castle and cathedral. At Christmas I used to get my pork pie from a butcher in the old square and when it snows you’d believe you were in a Dickens novel with the cobbled streets and little old shops. I loved living there Lincoln’s great.

Just been past said butchers I think. Started at the Prince of Wales and slowly working our way downhill. 

Hi guys, my first post here so here goes. I'll jump straight to the matter at hand. 

I felt that we played too much long ball against Derby and we seem to have lost that edge, that beautiful passing football that we came to love last season seems to have evaporated. It's become a bit of nice play followed by lots of rushing about and aimless kicking forward. 

Charles is a huge frustration for me, and not just his missing of chances. He chases and chases but it's no good if he can't control the ball or turns into a man whenever he has it. He always ends up battling for possession that he already had, flailing his arms, invariably ending up on the floor. 

Does anyone else see this? 

As for our best eleven, it's really hard to pick. What are your thoughts folks? 

Edited by Jayjay23

• Site Supporter

Think you need to give Derby some credit for that. They closed us down quickly and made it difficult. Like Sheffield Wednesday did.

Don't agree re Charles. He's scored a few recently and wasn't the only one to miss the target. Aimson put his header wide, and Bradley had a couple of sights of goal.

Dapo was barely involved and I felt Charles and the other sub strikers posed more of a threat.

I don't think we're quite good enough yet for the very top, but we're doing OK