Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle Rumour

anewman

Probably give one to Owen, must drink worse than that up there.

For Gudni sake, don't offer Owen Devil Juice. He'll be chucking Holy Water on you and throwing you out of the training ground.

P.S. I think Malcolm's in Scotts tomorrow night, will you look after him as I can't make it? There's a poppet, ta.

AZ...

Have a look on the clubs Facebook page.

There's players sat fucking about playing FIFA on thexbox

Does PG really think pictures like this are sensible?

It's interesting as a question actually. I understand why you've reacted like that, but then the lads have to have down time at some stage and the club are just trying to show they're actually normal lads. Right, they have the best job in the world and money most of us will never seen, but they have fun and relax like anyone else.

I understand why it pisses you off, as it's like "we lost, fuck it let's play FIFA" - so maybe that picture hasn't communicated what it meant to. I think that's great feedback, thanks.

It's interesting as a question actually. I understand why you've reacted like that, but then the lads have to have down time at some stage and the club are just trying to show they're actually normal lads. Right, they have the best job in the world and money most of us will never seen, but they have fun and relax like anyone else.

I understand why it pisses you off, as it's like "we lost, fuck it let's play FIFA" - so maybe that picture hasn't communicated what it meant to. I think that's great feedback, thanks.

Sensible reply so thanks.

We know they won't have them carrying rocks up and down rivvy all day long but given the situation and questions like 'what the fuck do they do in training', putting up pictures of them arsing about is a pisstake and speaks volumes about the club at the moment.

Sensible reply so thanks.

We know they won't have them carrying rocks up and down rivvy all day long but given the situation and questions like 'what the fuck do they do in training', putting up pictures of them arsing about is a pisstake and speaks volumes about the club at the moment.

Honestly, don't take it like that. This is one of those times when it's just a mistake by someone. Keep pointing them out, and I'll make sure people know. It might reflect the club at the minute, but feedback can change that. View it as a chance to criticise and have an effect.

Honestly, don't take it like that. This is one of those times when it's just a mistake by someone. Keep pointing them out, and I'll make sure people know. It might reflect the club at the minute, but feedback can change that. View it as a chance to criticise and have an effect.

To be fair, they're two spare keepers who aren't even affecting the way the club is heading. Even so, I'd rather see two players playing FIFA than reading about them smacking pissheads (read Joey Barton) outside Ikon (if that's still even there).

Even pro footballers need downtime.

Unless you expect them to be training 24/7...

Has he gone yet?

So this is just another pointless thread is it?

Surprise surprise.

He'll be here until Christmas at least. Get used to it.

AZ...

Have a look on the clubs Facebook page.

There's players sat fucking about playing FIFA on thexbox

Does PG really think pictures like this are sensible?

Whilst I understand Smiffs' post and your reply, it smacks a bit of 'spin' to me. Perhaps use you as a conduit to find out what makes the natives restless, then change perceptions with smoke and mirrors?

Like most others, I couldn't give a monkey's about pictures of them playing FIFA. I'd prefer them not to be pictured staggering about Spinningfields p*ssed up either. But either of these would be forgiven for 100% effort from 100% of the team come matchday.

I once got roped in a 'go-between' role erm...between those at 'management level' and 'the masses'. Some of the questions I had to put to the top brass were frankly embarrassing and petty. They (the board of this instituition) seemed vindicated by the trite nature of some of the grievances. The end product was a load of window dressing that appeased, but no real change regarding the proper issues. I didn't hang around in the role...

My two questions would be:

Barring a run of disastrous proportions, I mean to be beaten many times successively - before anyone chimes in with "Like this one?" - Will Owen Coyle be given until Christmas/New Year?

Phil Gartside is quoted on Twitter as stating this is the case.

If, come Christmas/New Year results have not improved, what will be judged as 'not good enough'? Without past seasons tables at this stage to hand, one could say even the bottom third aren't mathematically adrift of the play-offs? What position(s) is expected to be viewed as an improvement? What position is 'still on course for promotion'?

This is referring to another statement of Phil's, to paraphrase - that anything other than promotion (this season) will be a failure.

Edited by Youri McAnespie