Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

28 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

With regards to the Tories and the NHS it is frustrating to read so much ill informed stuff. In 2010 Cameron ran on basis of not reorganising or restructuring the NHS as it was at the time performing very well.

Less than a month after winning the election his government launched the biggest top down reorganisation ever. And it was of absolutely zero benefits to patients. The grand aim of it was to take millions of NHS staff eventually out of NHS employment and into the private sector. It completely fragmented the service and left GPs responsible for commissioning. A nonsensical decision.

But beyond that we’ve all read Boris front bench views on the NHS. We’ve seen what they are trying to do in secret. They won’t openly admit to it just like Cameron didn’t but it’s the Tory way. Lie and then decimate the NHS by a thousand cuts. Anyone who has been involved with it knows this. Headline promises or even spending commitments aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

It was 2 years after the banking crisis. Tough times, mean tough decisions. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

46 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

With regards to the Tories and the NHS it is frustrating to read so much ill informed stuff. In 2010 Cameron ran on basis of not reorganising or restructuring the NHS as it was at the time performing very well.

Less than a month after winning the election his government launched the biggest top down reorganisation ever. And it was of absolutely zero benefits to patients. The grand aim of it was to take millions of NHS staff eventually out of NHS employment and into the private sector. It completely fragmented the service and left GPs responsible for commissioning. A nonsensical decision.

But beyond that we’ve all read Boris front bench views on the NHS. We’ve seen what they are trying to do in secret. They won’t openly admit to it just like Cameron didn’t but it’s the Tory way. Lie and then decimate the NHS by a thousand cuts. Anyone who has been involved with it knows this. Headline promises or even spending commitments aren’t worth the paper they are written on.

I mentioned yesterday how many elections I’ve  been through since I first voted in 1974 (12) In every one, Labour have accused the Tories of trying to privatise the NHS. It’s utter nonsense. There is no evidence to back up these claims yet it’s still churned out relentlessly by people who otherwise seem quite intelligent. Political brainwashing at its best.

11 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Yeah, don't get ill.

For all the criticism, and mainly from Corbyn amd Labour, the NHS is the envy of the world and rightly so. I have an ongoing problem with my hip and I’ve been sent via the nhs to a private hospital for appraisal and I’ve requested an operation that’s not available in Lancashire, however I can have it in another authority so I’m not complaining with the treatment I have, only issue is why I’ve got to travel and not able to have it done locally, ultimately if I get it sorted I’ll be happy. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

34 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

For all the criticism, and mainly from Corbyn amd Labour, the NHS is the envy of the world and rightly so. I have an ongoing problem with my hip and I’ve been sent via the nhs to a private hospital for appraisal and I’ve requested an operation that’s not available in Lancashire, however I can have it in another authority so I’m not complaining with the treatment I have, only issue is why I’ve got to travel and not able to have it done locally, ultimately if I get it sorted I’ll be happy. 

I hope it's not The Oaklands Hospital🙏

Edited by Salford Trotter

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Stats sponsored by Diane Abbott

7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Stats sponsored by Diane Abbott

Stats? Lies sponsored by Boris. You will be ok regardless if he does sell the NHS off which I respect.

However nobody can convince me to believe a thing this government say. And there are plenty of them who have advocated privatising it. And I don’t think they will think twice about putting it on the table in US trade talks.

Nobody will convince me otherwise.

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Stats? Lies sponsored by Boris. You will be ok regardless if he does sell the NHS off which I respect.

However nobody can convince me to believe a thing this government say. And there are plenty of them who have advocated privatising it. And I don’t think they will think twice about putting it on the table in US trade talks.

Nobody will convince me otherwise.

Stop just stop, you’ve listened to too much momentum and leftist shit, it’s embarrassing, selling off the NHS FFS it don’t make money its big black hole, but one we will never ever give up. 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Stop just stop, you’ve listened to too much momentum and leftist shit, it’s embarrassing, selling off the NHS FFS it don’t make money its big black hole, but one we will never ever give up. 

You don’t even understand what you are talking about. The NHS services have increasingly been sold to private providers since Blair. However this increased rapidly in 2012 following the Tories health and social care act.

Nobody is talking about selling it as a large asset. But the privatisation people say will never happen on this thread already has started. And signs are if they get the chance this lot will only accelerate that. Taking our drug pricing controls for example to let big American pharma in. 

18 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You don’t even understand what you are talking about. The NHS services have increasingly been sold to private providers since Blair. However this increased rapidly in 2012 following the Tories health and social care act.

Nobody is talking about selling it as a large asset. But the privatisation people say will never happen on this thread already has started. And signs are if they get the chance this lot will only accelerate that. Taking our drug pricing controls for example to let big American pharma in. 

Whoever provides the service does not matter as long as it is free at point of service. Why do you have a problem with that? 

26 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Remind me again, who started privatising the NHS?

9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Whoever provides the service does not matter as long as it is free at point of service. Why do you have a problem with that? 

I think you know the answer; blind loyalty to stupid, anti-business, anti-patient care and high taxes.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I think you know the answer; blind loyalty to stupid, anti-business, anti-patient care and high taxes.

Precisely, he’s obviously blissfully unaware of the 70s when virtually everything state owned was a basket case, can you imagine dickhead Corbyn letting Abbot control the finances of gas, Electric, water and NHS. Anyone thinking that’s an option needs locking in a padded cell.